Josh McEachran

Term-X

Is it true that he is returning to Chelsea tomorrow?

Where did you hear that?

He tweeted that he's saying good bye to the fans today, but that's just because it's their last home game of the season. They still have an away game next week. So no, he's not returning tomorrow.

Hope he comes back which dickhead would Play an excellent cm or acm of regista as winger unbeliveable really

Mowbray has had Josh playing deeper in midfield, sometimes on the flank helping out the fullbacks but overall he's been playing deeper, working on his defense. I think it's more in line with what Chelsea wanted in terms of developing him to play in a deeper role. Never understood the string bean attacks. Wilshere and Modric aren't exactly tanks out there. I think their low center of gravity helps more than anything.

Mowbray has had Josh playing deeper in midfield, sometimes on the flank helping out the fullbacks but overall he's been playing deeper, working on his defense. I think it's more in line with what Chelsea wanted in terms of developing him to play in a deeper role. Never understood the string bean attacks. Wilshere and Modric aren't exactly tanks out there. I think their low center of gravity helps more than anything.

I still think he is fitted far more as AM and ACM then anything else

Wilshere might not be a tank but he's got enough strength to not be bullied off the ball...

In comparison, McEachran will easily get bullied off the ball and any decent midfielder with strength and a bit of pace would breeze past him.

You're right. They have strong legs and are both very quick over the first few yards. Josh doesn't have that little burst of acceleration.

Boro have had a completely horrific season, I have been a few times this season to watch Josh and he has done fine for me. The big picture is this Boro team has been nothing short of horrific since the turn of the year and Mowbray has completely lost his way.

Boro have had a completely horrific season, I have been a few times this season to watch Josh and he has done fine for me. The big picture is this Boro team has been nothing short of horrific since the turn of the year and Mowbray has completely lost his way.

True. I haven't watched them play but followed results and they went through a massive period of shit form. He's unlucky he didn't go to a good team like Chalobah.

True. I haven't watched them play but followed results and they went through a massive period of shit form. He's unlucky he didn't go to a good team like Chalobah.

Still are in shit form, only a few weeks ago they had something like seven points from a possible 42 or something like that.

People like Ishmael Miller, Marvin Emnes and Sammy Ameobi are not even Championship players, completely car crash footballers.

Mowbray is an idiot. Most of the time Josh was played on the right wing!

EDIT: This is spot on about Josh:

I'm of the opinion that McEachran has suffered more than most due to the style of play we have. Early in the season, I felt there was bags of potential in him and saw a player who is a real footballer. Our biggest problem is that he is the kind of player who will excel when playing with specific types of players and styles. He does not suit our languid, lazy, slow style that we've seen for most of the season.
He is the kind of player who we should be building a team around so that when he gets the ball, he looks up and finds movement in front of him and can play the ball forward and pick a pass.
Why has it gone wrong for him? Because we don't have that movement up front - I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated by our lack of front running. It's no good having both strikers dropping off to the wings and leaving nobody up front to aim for. The whole point of a patient passing game, in my mind, is that your midfields play keep ball while your forwards create space with clever runs.
The other problem I see for McEachran is that he is too similar to Leadbitter. A typical scenario from this season is that Josh gets the ball, Leadbitter demands it off him, turns around passes to someone else, gets it back, passes to Josh, then demands it back. When we had all that space when dominating teams, it worked reasonably well because both were able to spend time higher up the pitch. Once teams understood they could get in behind these 2 that was it. For anyone who says McEachran is too soft and weak, take a look at Leadbitter, who is one of the softest midfielders I've ever seen. You can't have 2 powder-puff midfielders, especially in a struggling team.
Personally, I think if Josh goes to a team that plays in a style that best suits his abilities then he'll have a great season. I'd love him back, but I don't think we're right for him unless we make him the focal point of our midfield and give him that freedom, as well as give him moving targets to aim for up front. He won't get that with Leadbitter being our first choice midfielder and so is wasted being with us.
Overall, I'm disappointed that he didn't continue his form into 2013 but then that goes for each of our players. Otherwise, I think he was a decent loan signing who we ultimately didn't get the best out of.

EDIT: This is spot on about Josh:

I couldn't agree more, it's a shame though. I'm sadly almost certain that between this and the whole Swansea debacle that it's undeservedly cost him the chance to ever play in our starting 11.

Hope I'm wrong though.