Josh McEachran

Term-X

I hope he can turn it around but im not optmistic; and I guess I did buy into the hype =/

As for his girlfriend being attrative or not (SHES NOT!) we can't debate something subjective, but im sure ppl will weigh in :)

Its fair I was caught up in it too for some time. Its the media in the end. They build these kids up on such monuments that they are bound to fall in most cases. He was never as good as people were making him out to be. Potential? Perhaps, but it clearly was not based on him as a person, but on what we wanted him to be. Every little pass, every smart position, every little thing wasnt him, but what we simply wanted him to be.

The Josh you see now was the same Josh that was there before Sophie. It might just be apparent now, but hes the same lad.

Lol wut? Shes freaking stunning mate.

109855452.jpg

You bought into the hype and are seeing he isnt as good as talksport had you believing. It happens, but lets not act like Sophie is the reason for it. If he wants it bad enough he will make it happen regardless or not he has her.

She's an ugly slag fam. Nothing special about her apart from her lesbian gf on Corrie.

Lampard wasn't "good enough" at West Ham.

Hard work and determination will always get you far.

He has excellent vision, awareness, ball control and a great change of pace. He isn't some Livermore or Gibson ffs, he's actually talented.

So are Livermore and Gibson.

If he does not have the hard work or determination trait he is really no different from either one of those two in the end.

So are Livermore and Gibson.

If he does not have the hard work or determination trait he is really no different from either one of those two in the end.

Livermore and Gibson are both Championship level plodders. McEachran is fairly talented, you don't get a fair amount of playing time for a massive club like Chelsea at only 16 if you're not talented.

Ancelotti was raving about him early on and Mata is on record saying he was the player he was most impressed with on his first week here.

I follow the lad on twitter and he seems pretty content to collect his wages, shag his famous bird and go on a night out rather than take his profession seriously. That extra hard work, determination and desire is the difference in being either a Ronaldo and Lampard or a Quaresma and Jody Morris.

Looks like he's another Jody.

• 2 weeks later...

Made an appearance tonight for the U21s, one to forget, never really got into the game, got into an extremely good position near the end to create a chance/score but totally messed it up. Having said that he's no impact sub. There's still no other player like him in the squad and there's definitely a role for him that he'll hopefully do well in as the tournament progresses :)

I'm really disappointed with the club at the way McEachran hasn't been nurtured properly.

Do you mean you're disappointed that he isn't nurturing into that world class player everyone thought he'd be (at 20 years old)?

I mean it's saying a hell of a lot when guys like Jordan Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey &, worst of all, Tom Cleverly were allowed time and patience at their respective clubs and saw the fruition of it. Henderson even went on record to say that McEachran was a technically better player than Jack Wilshere is.

How old were Henderson, Shelvey and Cleverley when they "broke through" to their respective first teams? The club haven't been criminal to considering Josh, I mean Ancelotti blooded him at a young age and then we sent him out on loan so he could gain experience - problem is that Josh hasn't had the desired effect at the clubs he's been loaned at. You can't solely blame the club on that. Josh is only 20 years old, tell me, what were the aforementioned doing at his age?

I think it's you that needs time and patience.

The club have a massive part to play in the damage done in not enhancing McEachran's career. There's no way Cleverly should be loaned out to a Premier League club like Wigan, when he was making his rise, and McEachran gets sent to Middlesbrough. Forgotten about.

Are you forgetting his loan spell at Swansea, clearly a PL club? At what age did Cleverley go out on loan to Wigan? You're over-exaggerating the whole situation - again trying to lay all the blame on the club and allowing Josh to walk away even though he hasn't set the world alight at either Swansea or Middlesborough.

This argument isn't even about whether McEachran as an individual, it's not about his work ethic or anything. It's about the club willing to spend millions on other players, fringe players, and then send these kids away and not even keeping a track on them.

In what way do the club not keep track on them? How do you know that? I'm tired of people making things up in order to bash the board/club.

It's embarrassing that Chelsea fielded 0 English u21's this season.

Tell me, how many other big clubs fielded English U21 this season? United? Phil Jones - bought for £15m+. Nick Powell - again brought in at around £6m and still barely played. City? Jack Rodwell (22 now) who again was bought for £15m and still only made a handful of appearances. Arsenal? AOC - again bought for a high fee. Tottenham? None that I know of. I don't know why you're trying to blame CFC for that when it's clearly the situation across all big teams.

We played guys like Benayoun in the center of midfield when we were short of numbers, while guys like Chalobah were making shockwaves in the Championship.

But hey.. It's only the Championship right? The level of quality isn't Premier League etc, etc. The old cliches.

So the decision to loan out Chalobah was bad because we gave Benayoun 9 appearances this season? Benayoun and Chalobah don't even play the same position, you shouldn't even be comparing them. So are you saying that you'd rather let Chalobah rot on the bench than him having a whole season of playing time to develop himself? Wow.

People are disappointed that a 20 year old hasn't exactly lit the world up with his performances and then go ahead and use that as a yardstick to beat the board with, saying the board have no patience/time to develop our youngsters. May I suggest that it's you that don't have the patience or time? Wanting a 20 year old who was 19 at the start of the season to be given games here and there instead of getting a full season at a decent level under their belt is nonsensical in my opinion.

Why people are saying the club failed with Josh when the guy's only 20 and still has plenty of years to develop left I will never know.

The club sent him to Swansea; wasn't good enough to get in the team.

The club sends him to Middlesborough; was unanimously rubbish for 75% of the season.

Chalobah went to a Championship side and looked one of their best players and he's like 3 years younger. Josh isn't good enough. End of story I'm afraid.

Unanimously rubbish? He's played 38 games for them. If anything, they've recognized his talent. There's no proof he's not good enough, the only proof that exists is that the club failed to nurture his raw talent, as they've done with most youth players since John Terry broke through.

I had very big expectations for Josh, especially under Carlo. I just don't know what happened. :(

Hope to god he has an incredibly strong U21's tournament (though he looked shite tonight) and somehow, Mourinho brings him along for pre-season and notices his talent. A Nath Chalobah and Josh McEachran in midfield running things, imagine. :eyebrows:

Need's to get on them weights like, thought a 12 year old ran onto the pitch in tonight's game.

There's no proof he's not good enough, the only proof that exists is that the club failed to nurture his raw talent, as they've done with most youth players since John Terry broke through.

When was the last time a big English club truly nurtured an academy player into a world class player? Apart from Jack Wilshere, there's none. It's a problem amongst big clubs in England, not just at Chelsea.

Our academy has come leaps and bounds since Roman has come and it takes time for results to come through. You need to be patient - we've actually got better talents than those from around 10 years ago coming through simply because of the restructuring that has taken place under Roman and there's every chance a talent like Chalobah and even Josh (who's only 20 remember) can be part of the squad. I think we're better off than most big clubs academy wise as anyone who even kept the vaguest of interests in our youth would know.

Do you mean you're disappointed that he isn't nurturing into that world class player everyone thought he'd be (at 20 years old)

I'm not saying he should be "world-class" by now. I'm saying the club has failed to help him improve his ability. They've shipped him out, with great reluctance initially, and it seems as if he's not being considered a player who will be involved in the main squad this season with the amount of transfers we're being linked with.

How old were Henderson, Shelvey and Cleverley when they "broke through" to their respective first teams? The club haven't been criminal to considering Josh, I mean Ancelotti blooded him at a young age and then we sent him out on loan so he could gain experience - problem is that Josh hasn't had the desired effect at the clubs he's been loaned at. You can't solely blame the club on that. Josh is only 20 years old, tell me, what were the aforementioned doing at his age?

These players were being nurtured internally and going on loan in places that needed these type of players. When we sent Josh to Swansea it was an awful decision, he was never going to displace those guys who were being compared to Xavi & Iniesta (LMAO) under Rogers.

Are you forgetting his loan spell at Swansea, clearly a PL club? At what age did Cleverley go out on loan to Wigan? You're over-exaggerating the whole situation - again trying to lay all the blame on the club and allowing Josh to walk away even though he hasn't set the world alight at either Swansea or Middlesborough.

As I've explained before, Swansea was no place to send McEachran. He couldn't displace their midfield, it was impossible. Rogers didn't need McEachran when we sent him there and all he needed was the manager at Chelsea to back him. Do you know that under Carlo, Josh made 17 appearances for the club? At Swansea, the season after, he made 5. And he only made 5 when there was an injury to someone like Britton.

Tell me, how many other big clubs fielded English U21 this season? United? Phil Jones - bought for £15m+. Nick Powell - again brought in at around £6m and still barely played. City? Jack Rodwell (22 now) who again was bought for £15m and still only made a handful of appearances. Arsenal? AOC - again bought for a high fee. Tottenham? None that I know of. I don't know why you're trying to blame CFC for that when it's clearly the situation across all big teams.

Chelsea, Manchester City, Wigan and Stoke are the only clubs that fielded 0 u21 players last season. We can forget about the rest because that's not what this discussion is about. Yes Manchester United paid £15million for Phil Jones, but we were always in the hunt to try and sign him as well. The point isn't even about fees paid, because if Josh wasn't a Chelsea player then he'd get signed for those sums too. We get excited over players like Luke Shaw while we have people like Ryan Bertrand on our books and then we complain.

So the decision to loan out Chalobah was bad because we gave Benayoun 9 appearances this season? Benayoun and Chalobah don't even play the same position, you shouldn't even be comparing them. So are you saying that you'd rather let Chalobah rot on the bench than him having a whole season of playing time to develop himself? Wow.

People are disappointed that a 20 year old hasn't exactly lit the world up with his performances and then go ahead and use that as a yardstick to beat the board with, saying the board have no patience/time to develop our youngsters. May I suggest that it's you that don't have the patience or time? Wanting a 20 year old who was 19 at the start of the season to be given games here and there instead of getting a full season at a decent level under their belt is nonsensical in my opinion.
Why people are saying the club failed with Josh when the guy's only 20 and still has plenty of years to develop left I will never know.
Because you have to understand that Josh has been with the club since he was a child. He's seen all these players come and go. He's seen the likes of Robert Huth, Michael Macinenne and Bruma having to move on because they got no chances in the Chelsea team. You want to know why?
"Josh got his chance when Carlo was there, and played a few games under him. Now it's at a stage when the club is under pressure and the club need to play their big names and unfortunately there is not a place for him in the squad." - Chalboah said this. Even he recognizes that it's impossible to get into this squad if you don't have a value of more than £15million at Chelsea.

When was the last time a big English club truly nurtured an academy player into a world class player? Apart from Jack Wilshere, there's none. It's a problem amongst big clubs in England, not just at Chelsea.

Our academy has come leaps and bounds since Roman has come and it takes time for results to come through. You need to be patient - we've actually got better talents than those from around 10 years ago coming through simply because of the restructuring that has taken place under Roman and there's every chance a talent like Chalobah and even Josh (who's only 20 remember) can be part of the squad. I think we're better off than most big clubs academy wise as anyone who even kept the vaguest of interests in our youth would know.

The problem is keeping hold of these players. We can offer them as many lucrative contracts as we want, to try and keep them with us, but the longer it takes the club to bring through someone, the more disillusioned these guys are going to get. I don't think it's accurate to claim it's come 'leaps and bounds' because we have no proof. No-ones benefited.

I do agree with LDN Blue if i'm honest, I mean it was rather silly to send Josh to a Swansea that was playing incredibly well and playing some rather impressive football. Rodgers was never going to break his love for Britton and Allen now was he.