Josh McEachran

Term-X

I keep thinking this kid needs more time on loan, but I have no idea where. He needs to be surrounded by top-class players who can take advantage of his passing but I'm not sure he can carry his weight in the team or if he even has the mental toughness to make it.

Maybe it's time we bring him back into the first-team squad and give him a go. :dunno:

I keep thinking this kid needs more time on loan, but I have no idea where. He needs to be surrounded by top-class players who can take advantage of his passing but I'm not sure he can carry his weight in the team or if he even has the mental toughness to make it.

Maybe it's time we bring him back into the first-team squad and give him a go. :dunno:

I like the thinking. But realistically, the chance of him going back to our first team and "being given a go", is extremely slim imo.

I like the thinking. But realistically, the chance of him going back to our first team and "being given a go", is extremely slim imo.

Yep. He needs players who are capable of seeing what it is he sees and acting on it - the problem is you don't get many of them in the Championship. A team needs to commit to having him in their team and building around him, which is why he struggled at Swansea.

He needs to prove himself before he gets a shot here, but here might be the only place where he can prove himself. :ermm:

Yep. He needs players who are capable of seeing what it is he sees and acting on it - the problem is you don't get many of them in the Championship. A team needs to commit to having him in their team and building around him, which is why he struggled at Swansea.

He needs to prove himself before he gets a shot here, but here might be the only place where he can prove himself. :ermm:

the only problem with Josh coming back to Chelsea is...will he get enough playing time to continue his development and build his confidence?

Realistically, I see Chelsea signing a new midfielder in the next transfer window...which would limit Josh's first team opportunities next season and as a result, he'd probably only be used in cameo appearances or the odd appearance where one of our other midfielders needs a bit of a rest...

the only problem with Josh coming back to Chelsea is...will he get enough playing time to continue his development and build his confidence?

Realistically, I see Chelsea signing a new midfielder in the next transfer window...which would limit Josh's first team opportunities next season and as a result, he'd probably only be used in cameo appearances or the odd appearance where one of our other midfielders needs a bit of a rest...

Exactly it could harm his development more playing second fiddle here, as i too think we will sign a new a new cm. I think the best thing for Josh would probably be to leave us and go to somewhere where he can be given consistency and slowly build it up.

I hope he can and will succeed here, but atm i am not too sure it will happen.

I personally feel it's no coincidence that both Swansea City and now Boro decided to drop him pretty much when 'crunch time' near the end of the season came about.

Maybe the fact with Swansea he wasn't ready for the premier league as he was say what 18/19 and built like a twig? Swansea fans liked him at first untill his game against Norwich when he got bullied and cost them, and after that he never got played again.

And i don't know what you're talking about with Middlesbrough, if anything he has been over played. Mowbray is a shite manager, they have good players and yet again he can't get them in top 6, he's just terrible. He's also constantly playing McEachran far too deep or playing him out wide. Play McEachran in Ledesmas role and he will play a lot better, he's got fantastic vision and passing, but he's wasted in the DM role for me. Also with lump of woods like Lukas Jutkiwicz and Ishmael Miller who just want the ball on their heads it's pretty damn hard to score goals.

You've never gave him a chance, not from the very start i can remember you saying 'he's never really impressed me' and that was like when you just joined.

Completely agree with the only place to be. I think Josh's best chance is if we get a manager who has the balls to give him some starts here. He does not belong in the championship, he can't operate there to the fullest of his abilities.

Interesting tweet from Adrian Durham re Josh (and this is a man who
follows lower league football and is quite sensible when not on a wind up):

Josh McEachran COMPLETELY wasting his time at Middlesbro. Players not on same wavelength. Chelsea have let him down badly...and this is why I say long loans are of no benefit. We need to see what he can do among better players as we have at Chelsea. My view is we either play him at Chelsea, or get rid. If he goes out on another loan we'll be wasting our time and his.

It all seems to be about Josh not fulfilling his potential. Maybe it is the
Club that is not realising their potential. josh has the talent and it is the club's job to do everything they can to realise it. It is simply not enough to say "he needs to man up". We, as a club, spent two seasons trying to get everything right for Torres,Why not invest the same energy and attention to our youth players? Why should they be left on their own?

Seniors need everything to right for them. Foreign players need a season or two to acclimatise to the Premiership. Why do we suddenly lose patience and reason when there is a youngster involved? It is a big failing and the lack of culture in this respect is going to see more talent wasted.

Josh McEachran COMPLETELY wasting his time at Middlesbro. Players not on same wavelength. Chelsea have let him down badly...and this is why I say long loans are of no benefit. We need to see what he can do among better players as we have at Chelsea. My view is we either play him at Chelsea, or get rid. If he goes out on another loan we'll be wasting our time and his.

I disagree with Durham. I think it was vital he got loan experience at a Championship club to develop him as he was not going to get first team starts at us or other Premier League teams. Why would Durham think going out on loan is wasting his time. Look at Bertrand for instance, the loan helped me, as it has helped a numerous amount of footballers. Josh, himself said that playing in week in week out at Boro has helped him to improve and while he has got benched recently he has played a lot of football and picked up a couple knocks.

Josh also said that the though nature of the Championship has helped him become a better player and getting regular football, (albeit the Championship) has helped him knuckle down. I think loans like this are good because we see how they cope in a different environment and most importantly we gain an indication if they are ready for the first team in the future. For eg, Chalobah, how can we underestimate the brilliance of his loans and how effective the loan has been in enhancing his potential and helping Chelsea fans realise how good he actually is.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...

That's just an assumption...there's no evidence that the championship will actually be a step down in physicality, although I suppose the game will be slower.

I agree that sending players like Bertrand, or even strikers like Lukaku to the championship is a good move as it can help improve your technical attributes. But in Josh's case, I don't think its the same. I feel that he thrives on the attacking runs/positioning of other players so that he can influence the play with his passes. I doubt he will encounter too many of such players in the championship.

I had my reservations against him being loaned out to a championship side before this season began. And my opinion hasn't changed.

I feel he's a player who thrives on attacking runs made by intelligent players around him. Which is why I feel his best performances have come when he played with the first 11 at Chelsea.