Josh McEachran

Term-X

There was one moment I didn't like when Josh lost an easy ball and Austria counter-attacked, he put his heads in his hands in frustrated and just stood still, ignored defensive duties, didnt have an incentive to get back. Attack didn't amount to anything dangerous, but Josh should have tracked back espiecally as one of the two midfielders.

It is akin to the penalty moment IMO in the previous international break, he missed and put his head in his hands in frustration, Zaha scored from the rebound but Josh didn't celebrate, still kicking himself for the penalty miss. I doubt it's a self-indulgent thing, more self pity - "I can't believe I just did that!", but needs to snap out of that daze.

There was one moment I didn't like when Josh lost an easy ball and Austria counter-attacked, he put his heads in his hands in frustrated and just stood still, ignored defensive duties, didnt have an incentive to get back. Attack didn't amount to anything dangerous, but Josh should have tracked back espiecally as one of the two midfielders.

It is akin to the penalty moment IMO in the previous international break, he missed and put his head in his hands in frustration, Zaha scored from the rebound but Josh didn't celebrate, still kicking himself for the penalty miss. I doubt it's a self-indulgent thing, more self pity - "I can't believe I just did that!", but needs to snap out of that daze.

Same boat as you. I'm actually pretty positive about Nat, but I can't see anyone else breaking through..

I was hoping for Toddy Kane to make the grade, but now we've signed a potentially international-class defender in Azpilicueta, he won't have a chance!

There was one moment I didn't like when Josh lost an easy ball and Austria counter-attacked, he put his heads in his hands in frustrated and just stood still, ignored defensive duties, didnt have an incentive to get back.

THIS is why I constantly (seem to) 'slate' him (well, the main reason anyway.) Not because I have some personal vendetta against him, not because I'm just some mean guy, but because of this. This one act shows so much of his mentality when it comes to a higher level of football (higher than Chelsea Youth Level) and I just find it shocking.

McEachran says he's, "ready for the Premier League" and also says himself his development has 'stalled' since he made his debut at 17.

Josh is the kind of player who's performance depends on his teammates. I am not at all surprised that his recent drop in form coincides with Boro's poor performances.

i read what josh said and completely and 100% agree with him... y would rdm have played josh when he knew an 8 match poor performance would get him sack. y would any manager take even the slightest of "risk" with an youth player for that matter. forget about josh, and see what we did and are still doing with romeu. his first start was in the COC despite having only 2cdms and lampard and rambo in the squad.

its quite simple for me, youth players cant be promoted unless there is managerial stability. even if the player is supposed to be the nest zidane, no coach, who knows he will be sacked at the 1st bloody chance, will ever take a risk.

Any young player that is good enough to be playing in the starting line-up, will be used by any manager.

After all, the coach wants to use the best just to win games & retain his job.

how would a 19 year old josh be better than tried and tested meireles, ramires, mikel, lampard and a fit essien. its the trust of a coach that some1 like mceachran can pull off a good performance and that he is that good to give him an odd start here and there (for eg - a home game against reading,aston villa(with all due respect))... but the point is even if the manager has that trust but knows that he himself has no margin of error, that he would be sacked at the first possible point, how do u expect him to take the smallest of risk.

plus how do u expect a youth academy player to magically become good enough to be playing in the starting line up when he is not getting any starts. take lukaku for eg. each and every one of the members on this forum ruled out lukaku on this season's pre-season matches. and how did that pan out for chelsea when he actually got a few starts under his belt and is now banging in goals for fun.

as far as josh is concerned, even if he is still at the same stage as he was 3 years ago when he played under carlo, i still feel he can be a good squad player where he can play in mid instead of luiz.

how would a 19 year old josh be better than tried and tested meireles, ramires, mikel, lampard and a fit essien. its the trust of a coach that some1 like mceachran can pull off a good performance and that he is that good to give him an odd start here and there (for eg - a home game against reading,aston villa(with all due respect))... but the point is even if the manager has that trust but knows that he himself has no margin of error, that he would be sacked at the first possible point, how do u expect him to take the smallest of risk.

plus how do u expect a youth academy player to magically become good enough to be playing in the starting line up when he is not getting any starts. take lukaku for eg. each and every one of the members on this forum ruled out lukaku on this season's pre-season matches. and how did that pan out for chelsea when he actually got a few starts under his belt and is now banging in goals for fun.

as far as josh is concerned, even if he is still at the same stage as he was 3 years ago when he played under carlo, i still feel he can be a good squad player where he can play in mid instead of luiz.

So much written but....

Josh was or is not good enough to play for the Blues. It´s very simple.

Meanwhile, just to compare. Lukaku, Kevin or Piazon are good enough to play for the team.

Personally, I´d like to see them getting a proper chance to show their skills next year.

So much written but....

Josh was or is not good enough to play for the Blues. It´s very simple.

Meanwhile, just to compare. Lukaku, Kevin or Piazon are good enough to play for the team.

Personally, I´d like to see them getting a proper chance to show their skills next year.

how do u know those 3 are while josh is not. we should not rule him out so quickly without actually watching him play alongside the likes of MAZACAR, because to be honest, i think josh is an intelligent player who thrives on the runs of the forwards and would be great here... dont forget he is still just 20.

how do u know those 3 are while josh is not. we should not rule him out so quickly without actually watching him play alongside the likes of MAZACAR, because to be honest, i think josh is an intelligent player who thrives on the runs of the forwards and would be great here... dont forget he is still just 20.

I do not feel, Josh is good enough to make Chelsea´s team next year.

Since he is only 20, just maybe he will get better in two years.

Seeing several times, Kevin, Lukaku or Piazon these three do have a good chance to make it next year.

Since, Chelsea are serious about Falcao & if he is signed, I believe, the likes of Kevin & Piazon do have pretty good chance next year. Perhaps, not both of them, we will see later.