Josh McEachran

Term-X

3 comments on that Boro page in a row:

Josh was mentioned in the same breath as Wilshere and from what I've seen they are miles apart. Josh will probably end up somewhere like Fulham and be a good player for them
I wouldn't be too surprised if he never makes at a premiership team.
Back when boro were winning and all was rosy I said that josh looked very limited as a player and I felt he was overhyped. I was laughed at a bit. No one is laughing now, which is a shame as I would rather have been wrong than this

Now let's not bash their intelligence. They have seen him more than anyone on here including myself have this season. But maybe (consider it), just maybe, that Leif guy isn't some big bad wolf who just singles out McEachran for the sake of it.

Some more:

Just watching the Fa Youth Cup and thinking why oh why didn't we go for Nathan Ake as a loan player instead of Josh ( I know there's a million reasons but could have really done with someone like him)

At this stage I would happily wager that Josh will never start more than half a dozen games for Chelsea in one season and that he will have left them in 2 seasons time and be signed to a Championship club. You need an overwhelming desire if you are to succeed at a big club and he just has not looked as though he has that this season.

For every positive about Josh in the Boro forum, there's around 2-3 negatives.

Obviously it's a shame and I should try resisting a 'told you so' sort of situation, but I think they've explained and elaborated well almost exactly what I and a few other members have said about him all season, yet we've got flamed because we don't know any Boro fans in person and all that rubbish.

I couldn't agree more, it's a shame though. I'm sadly almost certain that between this and the whole Swansea debacle that it's undeservedly cost him the chance to ever play in our starting 11.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Well tbf, after the Swansea disaster, Josh came back to Chelsea and had an excellent preseason (I remember he had two assist against Seattle) so I have my hopes up that he would bounce back from this. And he has gained a lot from this loan, especially physically, so it's not all bad.

Boro have had a completely horrific season, I have been a few times this season to watch Josh and he has done fine for me. The big picture is this Boro team has been nothing short of horrific since the turn of the year and Mowbray has completely lost his way.

Exactly what I've been saying, McEachran is playing in an awful team. If Mowbray doesn't get the sack then somethings really wrong, the players Middlesbrough have they should definitley be in top 4, and Mowbray can't accomplish anything.

3 comments on that Boro page in a row:

Now let's not bash their intelligence. They have seen him more than anyone on here including myself have this season. But maybe (consider it), just maybe, that Leif guy isn't some big bad wolf who just singles out McEachran for the sake of it.

Some more:

For every positive about Josh in the Boro forum, there's around 2-3 negatives.

Obviously it's a shame and I should try resisting a 'told you so' sort of situation, but I think they've explained and elaborated well almost exactly what I and a few other members have said about him all season, yet we've got flamed because we don't know any Boro fans in person and all that rubbish.

Well I know more Middlesbrough fans than you do, and I've never heard a bad word, but of course that's rubbish, i mean what are you doing just reading some posts on a boro forum.

Well I know more Middlesbrough fans than you do, and I've never heard a bad word, but of course that's rubbish, i mean what are you doing just reading some posts on a boro forum.

Everything's okay, Kojo. Amels is here, I trust you.

Don't worry, I don't lie and pretend I'm a different person to what I really am on the internet :)

I don't really care about that stuff. Such things are down more complicated problems, illnesses etc. which we shouldn't judge people by.

Anyway, I agree with your opinion on Josh. Think the style Boro play doesn't suit him at all, but yeah, as per usual it's the player's fault if he can't make it. Has always been that way, same with Kakuta, Bruma, Stoch etc. I guess some of us fans (and unfortunately our board) will never learn.

I don't really care about that stuff. Such things are down more complicated problems, illnesses etc. which we shouldn't judge people by.

Anyway, I agree with your opinion on Josh. Think the style Boro play doesn't suit him at all, but yeah, as per usual it's the player's fault if he can't make it. Has always been that way, same with Kakuta, Bruma, Stoch etc. I guess some of us fans (and unfortunately our board) will never learn.

The problem with Josh is that he's not exactly got much to offer to a team if he isn't at the heart of everything, and it's hard to encourage a team to do that when he's on loan.

In all honesty, he's a very, very limited player. He's a fantastic passer.....and that's it. He's horrendous in defence, he's got a pretty poor workrate, he's not a great finisher, he's got very little pace and he's got the backbone of a jellyfish. He's found it very hard to impose himself on games which means all his talent goes to waste and what's most worrying is that he's a really timid lad. I don't see that fire in him that you need to make it at the top level.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up on him, just that I've got a lot of reservations about what he can do. Someone on that thread compared him to Joe Allen and that's not a bad shout, but he's had a rough time at Liverpool this season and the jury is out on him.

The immediate reaction from Boro fans online (admittedly not that many) doesn't exactly seem to be a ringing endorsement of his win.

Unfortunately it looks as though he's having surgery on his ankle.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/2013/04/30/josh-mceachran-in-england-setback-84229-33259576/

On the plus side that might explain his latter season form, but he could miss the Euros. He really needs to be fit for pre-season.

The immediate reaction from Boro fans online (admittedly not that many) doesn't exactly seem to be a ringing endorsement of his win.

Unfortunately it looks as though he's having surgery on his ankle.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/2013/04/30/josh-mceachran-in-england-setback-84229-33259576/

On the plus side that might explain his latter season form, but he could miss the Euros. He really needs to be fit for pre-season.

That's very unlucky that he'll have to miss the Euros. Forget his club from, he's been consistently brilliant with England where everything goes through him.

"As a Boro fan i have to say the guy shouldn't be getting ahead of himself. He started very well for us this season but for the last few months he has looked out of his depth playing against Championship Sides and his form has slipped further with every game. I think Josh is very deluded if he thinks he has a chance getting in the Chelsea side."

That's very unlucky that he'll have to miss the Euros. Forget his club from, he's been consistently brilliant with England where everything goes through him.

He hasn't been consistently brilliant though. He's been good at times but he was by no-means guaranteed a spot in the team, and was maybe even a slight doubt for the squad. Unfortunately one of the main obstacles he faced getting into that team was the emergence of Nat Chalobah who had a couple of really strong performances in the last two friendlies.

Next season is absolutely massive for him so he needs to get fit as soon as possible. But I really don't know what the plan is for him at the moment.

He hasn't been consistently brilliant though. He's been good at times but he was by no-means guaranteed a spot in the team, and was maybe even a slight doubt for the squad. Unfortunately one of the main obstacles he faced getting into that team was the emergence of Nat Chalobah who had a couple of really strong performances in the last two friendlies.

Next season is absolutely massive for him so he needs to get fit as soon as possible. But I really don't know what the plan is for him at the moment.

He only lost his starting place in the last friendly and that's only because of his club form (but then he came on in the second half and won and scored a pen). From the matches I've seen he has been brilliant, in fact in those matches you mentioned I thought he had a much better performance than Chalobah who (despite almost scoring a wonder goal in the last one) was a bit sloppy with his passing.