Wesley Sneijder

Milan

yes, as you say, WAS. he has been awful for 1,5 years or 2 years. people want to splash cash on players who play good and are in their prime and not declining. also his wages are extremely high.

Not all people are here Mourinho puppets who celebrate everything he does. IN MY opinion this transfer would be awful. he is no CM, futhermore he is playing bad for a long time. also injury prone. funny how people want to give the youth a chance but at the same time want to get a declining player, because he offers "experience": experience brings you nothing, if you dont play good.

I wasn't aware his wage demands to come to Chelsea were high. Exactly how much was his agent demanding when he was informed of Chelsea's interest? Oh right....sorry, I confused you with someone who had a clue about that.

Again, we're talking about a player who is still relatively young. Talent like his doesn't just evaporate - it's the hunger that goes.

If he still has that and he is prepared to come in and work his bollocks off to silence the doubters then he offers a lot of options in a Mourinho team. Personally I'm happy to give Jose the benefit of the doubt considering he hasn't even named his first team yet. If he thinks that Sneijder could come in and do a job then I'll trust him.

Oscar and Mata played 64 games last season EACH. If we can get someone like Sneijder to come in and lighten their load then I don't see how that doesn't make us stronger IF he's prepared to work hard.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the people who say he's bad avid Galatasaray followers? :ph34r: I'd hate some of these opinions being flung around to be based on his last few months at Inter.

Look at him. Constantly trying to find space or find someone in space and initiate an attacking sequence. He's simply lost his footing in Turkey since it's got such an odd tempo fluctuation.

£5m for a player Jose did so many wonders for and people are acting like we'd be offering £50m, yet they'll complain later on about 'lack of squad depth' especially if/when Mata gets injured :clown:

Like De Rossi, he's a passion player. He has no passion for Galatasaray. But he has a passion for Mourinho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhy-v-NxRzs

Yes. I can also bring up Mata's and Hazard's sitters over the season - Point?

I think he's making a point about Sneijder's character, that he didn't get dismayed about missing a chance but got back up and slotted the next one away.

Surely no-one could be stupid enough to criticise a player for missing one chance. I mean.....that would be laughable.

If Gala are willing to let go of Sneijder for 5 million, we'd be fools not to bid on him..(provided that Mourinho wants to work with him again)

That's the same fee we paid for the non-existent Marko Marin...

Look at him. Constantly trying to find space or find someone in space and initiate an attacking sequence. He's simply lost his footing in Turkey since it's got such an odd tempo fluctuation.

£5m for a player Jose did so many wonders for and people are acting like we'd be offering £50m, yet they'll complain later on about 'lack of squad depth' especially if/when Mata gets injured :clown:

Like De Rossi, he's a passion player. He has no passion for Galatasaray. But he has a passion for Mourinho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhy-v-NxRzs

HAHA! are you seriously going to post Youtube videos to show why he'd be a good signing? I remeber poeple doing the same with Deco, who is also a 'Mourinho player' how did that one work out?

Sniejder has been in decline for years! we already have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, De Bruyne and Piazon why would we need a player in decline who would struggle with the pace of the PL like Deco in our squad? when we should be developing our own talented youngsters!

It would be such a joke if we signed him! i wouldn't even be angry i would just laugh for days!

He played that role one season only which was the treble winning season and even then he was by no means a pure number 10. He was given a special role by Jose and license to go forward quite a lot but he still dropped deep often to play long balls to Milito and Etoo. Jose created a role for him that managed to combine the two and that only worked at Inter (it also helped that he had the best season of his career that year). The rest of his career he has played deeper. He likes to have the ball at his feet with space and time to pick out a pass. Playing him behind the striker would be a complete waste of his abilities because he does not have the instinct to get into the box or make runs behind the defense like Mata.

One season does not change the fact that he is NOT a number 10.

And yet the general consensus among footballing fans is that was his best season. He also played in the hole at the World Cup, where is I'm not mistaken he won the Silver Ball. He also played their during the last Euros...and at Gala...

He is a number 10 and always has been, just because he plays disimilar to Mata does not make it false. He is not like Xavi and he is not like Pirlo. You seem to think that a number 10 is restricted to playing behind the striker. A number 10 isn't always shoehorned into the 'hole'. Cristian Eriksen for instance is a number 10, yet he plays in the midfield for Ajax, same with Iniesta, he plays alongside Xavi in the midfield and he is a number 10.

Halfway through writing this, I've realised that I don't care in the slightest. Believe what you want, I really don't care about what position some rich Dutch guy plays in his little game of chase the ball.

He might have been a Mourinho player, but he was a Scolari signing.

Maybe that was part of the problem.

oh so i must have dreamt him wining the Champions league with Porto with Mourinho :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I remeber poeple doing the same with Deco, who is also a 'Mourinho player' how did that one work out?

....Err, pretty well? He cost £8m and was always a very good option when we wanted to control play and add flair to our game. Mourinho happened to have played with him before but he didn't even choose to sign him. Is every player to ever play under Mourinho a 'Mourinho player' now? Is every Inter Milan youth player from 2008 a Mourinho Player?

Piazon

My ribs... my lungs... they hurt :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh my god I can't believe he's being mentioned in the same breath, I'm nearly dying. First of all he's a bloody supporting striker who's been misused during his time here so far giving people the wrong impression about how he even plays, and second of all he's barely been able to start for Malaga. You think Piazon's ready for this team?

who would struggle with the pace of the PL like Deco in our squad? when we should be developing our own talented youngsters!

Struggle with the pace? Why? Because they're 'slow' at moving? Like Gareth Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Wilshere, and bloody Mata himself? Or do you mean when it comes to 'thinking'? Because if so I'm baffled as Sneijder is one of the most intelligent players on the pitch of the last decade bar none.

And yet the general consensus among footballing fans is that was his best season. He also played in the hole at the World Cup, where is I'm not mistaken he won the Silver Ball. He also played their during the last Euros...and at Gala...

He is a number 10 and always has been, just because he plays disimilar to Mata does not make it false. He is not like Xavi and he is not like Pirlo. You seem to think that a number 10 is restricted to playing behind the striker. A number 10 isn't always shoehorned into the 'hole'. Cristian Eriksen for instance is a number 10, yet he plays in the midfield for Ajax, same with Iniesta, he plays alongside Xavi in the midfield and he is a number 10.

Halfway through writing this, I've realised that I don't care in the slightest. Believe what you want, I really don't care about what position some rich Dutch guy plays in his little game of chase the ball.

He didn't have his best season because he was playing in a more advanced role, he had his best season because everything he attempted to do seemed to be exactly like he wanted. For me he was the best player in the world that season.

He didn't play in the hole for Netherlands because they played 4-3-3 and he is not playing there for Galatasaray, in fact if you've watched his games there you'd clearly see that he is playing the deepest man in a 3-man midfield (which is why I compared him to Pirlo and Xavi; I meant his position, not necessarily his playing style).

We obviously have different definitions of what the number 10 role is, which is fine. For me this role is personified by Mata; someone is a creative midfielder and can find that killer assist but is also a second striker and can get in the box and finish very well. On any account, however you define the number 10 position is irrelevant to the point I was making the first post and that is: Sneijder cannot be Mata's replacement in our current system.

Are the people who say he's bad avid Galatasaray followers? :ph34r: I'd hate some of these opinions being flung around to be based on his last few months at Inter.

you made me lol hard tbh. brining youtube videos as a proof, that he aint playing shit? do you know any galatasaray fan? if no, than its your problem not mine. i know some and all of them say he plays shit. and also he was subbed against madrid, because he was playing bad etc. its no secret that he sucks at Gala and most fans dont even want him there to be anymore. but yeah keeo on posting your funny smileys and youtube videos.

I think if Scolari/AVB or anybody else would be our manager and he wanted this player, there would be much more critisicm. but yeah as Mourinho is god, everyhting what he wants is good and right. even signing players who have lost their hunger for football and play bad for 2 years (not a short a period tbh). he aint even playing for netherlands anymore.

this would be schürely a step backwards and not forward. beside even talking about the tactical thing, that he has no place in this team

....Err, pretty well? He cost £8m and was always a very good option when we wanted to control play and add flair to our game.

LOL! believe that if it helps you sleep at night! fact is he was very disappointing at Chelsea! he was past his best and was often invisible in games for us and often got subbed off!

My ribs... my lungs... they hurt Oh my god I can't believe he's being mentioned in the same breath, I'm nearly dying. First of all he's a bloody supporting striker who's been misused during his time here so far giving people the wrong impression about how he even plays, and second of all he's barely been able to start for Malaga. You think Piazon's ready for this team?

LOOOOL!!! Wow your not very bright are you? Piazon is 19 years old!!! 19!!! no one said he is the finished product but he is a player developing with so much potential! but you would rather a player in decline who has no long term future at the club to come in and push Piazon further down the pecking order! its laughable that you use the fact he barley started for Malaga as part of your argument like Malaga are a mickey mouse league 2 team!!! they have so many quality players in their team and were seconds away from making the CL semi finals! and just because a 19 year old kid couldn't start regularly for them you think he isnt good enough??? LOOOL!!! I guarantee he learned alot at Malaga and will come back to Chelsea a much better player!

But yeah lets sign sneijder so he can be our 4th or 5th choice AM and push a developing youngster out the door once again! yeah such a great idea! :clown:

Struggle with the pace? Why? Because they're 'slow' at moving? Like Gareth Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Wilshere, and bloody Mata himself? Or do you mean when it comes to 'thinking'? Because if so I'm baffled as Sneijder is one of the most intelligent players on the pitch of the last decade bar none.

Why would you list 4 CM's as if Sneijder would play there for us! you dont need pace to play CM! but to play AM in the PL it helps to either have pace or to have an incredible football brain like Mata! Sneijder has neither! and can be very sloppy in possession like Deco! and LOOOOOOL at listing Terry as well!!! :clown:

oh so i must have dreamt him wining the Champions league with Porto with Mourinho :doh::doh: :doh: :doh:

Seriously? We're talking about signing a 'Mourinho player' with Mourinho as manager and you can't tell the fucking difference? Are you fucking serious?

I'm starting to think that you might actually be the real Pacquiao and all those blows to the head have taken their toll. :wank2:

you made me lol hard tbh. brining youtube videos as a proof, that he aint playing shit? do you know any galatasaray fan? if no, than its your problem not mine. i know some and all of them say he plays shit. and also he was subbed against madrid, because he was playing bad etc. its no secret that he sucks at Gala and most fans dont even want him there to be anymore. but yeah keeo on posting your funny smileys and youtube videos.

I think if Scolari/AVB or anybody else would be our manager and he wanted this player, there would be much more critisicm. but yeah as Mourinho is god, everyhting what he wants is good and right. even signing players who have lost their hunger for football and play bad for 2 years (not a short a period tbh). he aint even playing for netherlands anymore.

this would be schürely a step backwards and not forward. beside even talking about the tactical thing, that he has no place in this team

Mata played 64 games last season. Who did we have as back-up? Benayoun?

Look, no-one is saying that he should be a starter or that we should spend tens of millions of pounds on him, but that if the circumstances were right that he could be a useful addition to our thin squad adding experience, a great relationship with the coach and options in a couple of positions.

Has he been at his best in the last few years? No. But anyone who knows anything about sport will know the importance of motivation.

There is a great discussion to be had about signing this player, where he could fit and what he could offer but that's beyond some people who can muster nothing more than 'he's overrated'. Fucking ridiculous.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You