Wesley Sneijder

Milan

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we want to sing yet another number 10 then it should be Isco. We could easily sign him if we really want him, as we have a good relationship with Malaga and they need the money, he will cost more but at least Isco would be worth the transfer fee and wages! plus Isco is much younger and could be moulded into a Modric type player to play in the pivot.

but to sign Sneijder would be more of a joke than singing Mineiro! rofl.gif

LOOOOOOOL!!!

he has had 1 good year in his entire career (2010)!!! since leaving the mickey mouse league in Holland! how is he not overrated! haha! so your argument is because he set up Eto'o against us that makes him not overrated? haha please tell me your not serious!

There is a reason why Man Unietd never signed him, and why he is now playing in turkey! because he isnt good enough to play for a top team! simple as that. :clown:

I agree! 09/10 was about his only good season! he spent 5 season in Holland for Ajax and won 1 league title LOL! then at Madrid he was a complete joke and at Inter he has been very unimpressive apart from 09/10 under jose where he was class but apart from that he has not really done anything special!

Contributed to a goal once every 2 games I believe is the stat.

Perfect option for when we rest Mata, and who knows. It's not the best fit but something like Hazard - Sneijder - Mata some games could be devastating.

Wesley plays deep, sometimes even the deepest in a 3-man midfield. He sits there and dictates play not unlike Pirlo or Xavi. Mata on the other hand is practically a second striker. They have very little in common.

I can't see him coming here unless Jose plans on playing 4-3-3.

LOOOOOOOL!!!

he has had 1 good year in his entire career (2010)!!! since leaving the mickey mouse league in Holland! how is he not overrated! haha! so your argument is because he set up Eto'o against us that makes him not overrated? haha please tell me your not serious!

There is a reason why Man Unietd never signed him, and why he is now playing in turkey! because he isnt good enough to play for a top team! simple as that. :clown:

I wouldn't say he had one good year, but a good career and one exceptional season where he was probably the best player in the world or at least in the top three. It's very easy to throw out words like 'overrated' but it's quite ridiculous when you break players down and look at what they've actually done and what they can contribute now.

I think he made some serious errors with regards his contractual demands though and that he might actually be in a position to re-assess where he is and re-apply himself to his game. If that's the case then he's an interesting possibility.

He is not the same player he used to be BUT if we fail to get a quality midfielder this summer, we should bring him. He will do good to the team spirit and Jose. (Only if he is cheap)

Wesley plays deep, sometimes even the deepest in a 3-man midfield. He sits there and dictates play not unlike Pirlo or Xavi. Mata on the other hand is practically a second striker. They have very little in common.

I can't see him coming here unless Jose plans on playing 4-3-3.

Wait a minute, what? I've been avoiding posting a lot lately but this just shot out at me as intrinsically wrong on so many levels and I had to comment. Sure he drops deep sometimes but he is nothing like Pirlo or Xavi nor does he just sit there and dictate play. He is a number 10 if I ever saw one. Just look at Inter's treble winning side, Sneijder was involved in nearly all their attacks, he was up around the box and the channels all the time. Sure he dropped deep sometimes but that was only one facet of his game, he is major strengths were up in the thick of things supporting the forwards. Sneijder was the point of evolution for Jose changing from the 4-3-3 to the slightly different 4-2-3-1; which at Inter was just a bastardised 4-3-3 with one midfielder moving forward more (Sneijder) and two droppping deeper (Zanetti, Cambiasso) but essentially that is what a 4-2-3-1 is anyway... With two dending midfielders and defensive wingers, Sneijder was expected to start attacks from deep but also support everything up front, which from what I could tell was his main preogative. Different to Mata but in a 4-2-3-1 he occupies the same position. Sneijder is an instigator not a dictator like Xavi or Pirlo. He starts attacks and supports the forwards, he doesn't sit deep controlling the tempo passing the ball around probing for a perfect pass. There may not seem like much of a difference but to there is and it's massive.

No. Not for me. Can't play the positions we want to fill and isn't any better than the players we have for the position he plays. Ignore him, and put the money towards a proper pivot player ala modric or de rossi, or gundogen.

LOL! as if Mourinho is the slightest bit interested in signing Sneijder! Turkish league is his level! one of the most overrated players in the last decade! he would be a good signing for someone like Everton or Swansea! not Chelsea!

you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult.g

Yes the same Sneijder who should have been the rightful Ballon D'or winner in 2010, ahead of Lionel Messi who is considered one of, if not the greatest of all time. That Sneijder right? Yep, he's overrated.

Wait a minute, what? I've been avoiding posting a lot lately but this just shot out at me as intrinsically wrong on so many levels and I had to comment. Sure he drops deep sometimes but he is nothing like Pirlo or Xavi nor does he just sit there and dictate play. He is a number 10 if I ever saw one. Just look at Inter's treble winning side, Sneijder was involved in nearly all their attacks, he was up around the box and the channels all the time. Sure he dropped deep sometimes but that was only one facet of his game, he is major strengths were up in the thick of things supporting the forwards. Sneijder was the point of evolution for Jose changing from the 4-3-3 to the slightly different 4-2-3-1; which at Inter was just a bastardised 4-3-3 with one midfielder moving forward more (Sneijder) and two droppping deeper (Zanetti, Cambiasso) but essentially that is what a 4-2-3-1 is anyway... With two dending midfielders and defensive wingers, Sneijder was expected to start attacks from deep but also support everything up front, which from what I could tell was his main preogative. Different to Mata but in a 4-2-3-1 he occupies the same position. Sneijder is an instigator not a dictator like Xavi or Pirlo. He starts attacks and supports the forwards, he doesn't sit deep controlling the tempo passing the ball around probing for a perfect pass. There may not seem like much of a difference but to there is and it's massive.

He played that role one season only which was the treble winning season and even then he was by no means a pure number 10. He was given a special role by Jose and license to go forward quite a lot but he still dropped deep often to play long balls to Milito and Etoo. Jose created a role for him that managed to combine the two and that only worked at Inter (it also helped that he had the best season of his career that year). The rest of his career he has played deeper. He likes to have the ball at his feet with space and time to pick out a pass. Playing him behind the striker would be a complete waste of his abilities because he does not have the instinct to get into the box or make runs behind the defense like Mata.

One season does not change the fact that he is NOT a number 10.

you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult.g

Yes the same Sneijder who should have been the rightful Ballon D'or winner in 2010, ahead of Lionel Messi who is considered one of, if not the greatest of all time. That Sneijder right? Yep, he's overrated.

eb6.jpg

WOW! i have no words to describe your ignorance!

yeah as i said he had 1 good year where he was exceptional and could have won the Ballon D'or, but what did he do before and after 2010??? let me tell you nothing special at all! and because of that great year for him people think he is still a world class player! and some people think he was world class before 2010 which is just laughable!

Sneijder having a great season more of a rarity rather than something you would expect consistently from a top class player! so yes he is overrated! and the fact that your using his 1 good year as the basis of your argument shows how overrated he is! because that is all you can mention to back up the fact that you think he isn't you cant use any other facts to back up your argument can you? i didn't think so! so i am sorry to break it to you but Snijeder is overrated! its actually laughable that he is still getting linked to top clubs when he clearly isn't good enough to play for a top club any more. Signing him would be worse than when we signed Deco! :clown: :clown: :clown:

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Can people stop bloody talking about him not being the right player for central midfield? He didn't play it under Jose, doesn't play it at Gala and wouldn't play it here. The talk of "Mata should start ahead of him anyway so he's not needed" is nonsense. You who plays better and is in better form, not the player who's simply been at the club longer.

I always read about people no longer wanting us to splash the cash and also people saying we need more EXPERIENCE in the team, yet they laugh off a player that was the best in the world at a point under Mourinho? Can't believe that if this rumour is true people are doubting Mou already.

eb6.jpg

WOW! i have no words to describe your ignorance!

yeah as i said he had 1 good year where he was exceptional and could have won the Ballon D'or, but what did he do before and after 2010??? let me tell you nothing special at all! and because of that great year for him people think he is still a world class player! and some people think he was world class before 2010 which is just laughable!

Sneijder having a great season more of a rarity rather than something you would expect consistently from a top class player! so yes he is overrated! and the fact that your using his 1 good year as the basis of your argument shows how overrated he is! because that is all you can mention to back up the fact that you think he isn't you cant use any other facts to back up your argument can you? i didn't think so! so i am sorry to break it to you but Snijeder is overrated! its actually laughable that he is still getting linked to top clubs when he clearly isn't good enough to play for a top club any more. Signing him would be worse than when we signed Deco! :clown::clown::clown:

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

You talk in such broad terms. He's either a potential ballon d'or winner or he's doing nothing at all. It's all rather superficial but you've chosen what your point of view will be on this and nothing will change that so it's really not worth discussing it with you.

Anyone expecting anything more than 'he's overrated' is really pissing in the wind.

Can people stop bloody talking about him not being the right player for central midfield? He didn't play it under Jose, doesn't play it at Gala and wouldn't play it here. The talk of "Mata should start ahead of him anyway so he's not needed" is nonsense. You who plays better and is in better form, not the player who's simply been at the club longer.

I always read about people no longer wanting us to splash the cash and also people saying we need more EXPERIENCE in the team, yet they laugh off a player that was the best in the world at a point under Mourinho? Can't believe that if this rumour is true people are doubting Mou already.

Basically that's the way I see it. He's a great option to have if he's the right price. £5 million for him on decent wages is great for experienced cover in a couple of positions, especially if we're going to try Oscar in a deeper position or simply keep him wide and use Sneijder to give Mata some rest.

He's 28 and got something to prove so if he's got the hunger then I don't see any reason why we couldn't get three decent seasons out of him.

yes, as you say, WAS. he has been awful for 1,5 years or 2 years. people want to splash cash on players who play good and are in their prime and not declining. also his wages are extremely high.

Not all people are here Mourinho puppets who celebrate everything he does. IN MY opinion this transfer would be awful. he is no CM, futhermore he is playing bad for a long time. also injury prone. funny how people want to give the youth a chance but at the same time want to get a declining player, because he offers "experience": experience brings you nothing, if you dont play good.

You talk in such broad terms. He's either a potential ballon d'or winner or he's doing nothing at all. It's all rather superficial but you've chosen what your point of view will be on this and nothing will change that so it's really not worth discussing it with you.

What are you talking about? there is nothing broad about saying he was potential Ballon D'or winner in 2010 that is a fact! and that he has been nothing special in the rest of his career! anyone who has watched him will know!

What has he done in the last 3 years to even earn the right to be linked with any top club in the world??? Enough Said. Overrated.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You