Sami Khedira

RX8

I hope we do better than Khedira. He's so uninspiring and unnecessary since we already have matic who is a much better DM. Ramires,Van Ginkel,Chalobah are adequate cover in midfield. It's either buy top quality CM/DLP or stick with the current options as far as i'm concerned.

He doesn't bring any unique qualities or added value to the team.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd certainly have him if one of Mikel or Ramires were off.

He's a very good and useful player but no more than that. If you listen to Arse fans gushing and swooning over him you'd think he was this world class super hero who is the answer to all of their problems. He's not a player who will singlehandedly transform a midfield.

To be honest, he'd be a tremendous fit here. More so than he would in Arsenal's side. It would likely mean Oscar won't be a nailed on starter, though. Khedira as the box to box player next to Matic with Cesc further up the pitch.

I laughed yesterday when I was listening to TalkSport and both hosts said that Arsenal signing Khedira would be "a game changer," and that "they SHOULD win the title if they sign him." That's ridiculous. He's no Vidal.

I think he's really underrated by people here but really overrated by Arse fans. I'd be happy if we signed him if it was a reasonable fee.

I'd certainly have him if one of Mikel or Ramires were off.

He's a very good and useful player but no more than that. If you listen to Arse fans gushing and swooning over him you'd think he was this world class super hero who is the answer to all of their problems. He's not a player who will singlehandedly transform a midfield.

To be honest, he'd be a tremendous fit here. More so than he would in Arsenal's side. It would likely mean Oscar won't be a nailed on starter, though. Khedira as the box to box player next to Matic with Cesc further up the pitch.

I laughed yesterday when I was listening to TalkSport and both hosts said that Arsenal signing Khedira would be "a game changer," and that "they SHOULD win the title if they sign him." That's ridiculous. He's no Vidal.

I think he's really underrated by people here but really overrated by Arse fans. I'd be happy if we signed him if it was a reasonable fee.

I can see why Arsenal fans think Khedira will be a game changer...he's got that bit of steel which they clearly lack in midfield.

Ramsey and Khedira would be an interesting combo for the gooners

As for Chelsea...unless Ramires leaves, I don't see the point of spending 20 million on Khedira....

This situation is a farce. One minute he's heading to Arsenal, the next he's coming and now he wants to stay in Madrid. Just WTH! :doh:

So many misleading lines and quotes. I think is one of those cases of no one really knowing the truth. Journos seeing Madrid sign the likes of Kroos and James and deeming Khedira surplus to requirements. 6 more weeks of this folks.

I think the good thing for us is that we have the 3 that we really want and we have Courtois back. Anything else is an absolute bonus.

Only if Ramires is off. Tbh we've done some great business this transfer window, if it's true about Jose talking to Khedira then it might be best to play with the current team for this year, and then sell whoever is the biggest liability during the year between Mikel, Ramires & MVG and get Khedira (

It'll be Ramires
) in on a free. The transfer fee and freed up wages will allow us to pay him however much he's asking without it denting our transfer or wage budget.

I can see why Arsenal fans think Khedira will be a game changer...he's got that bit of steel which they clearly lack in midfield.

Ramsey and Khedira would be an interesting combo for the gooners

As for Chelsea...unless Ramires leaves, I don't see the point of spending 20 million on Khedira....

He's really not the type of player they need, though. That's the thing that baffles me a bit and makes me wonder if they've even seen him play regularly.

He isn't the DM they all seem to think they'd be getting. He's a player who bombs forward and plays as a box to box midfielder like Ramsey or Wilshere do. He's not going to sit deep, act as a screen for the back four, and hold for the majority of the match.

If, for instance, they lined up with a Ramsey/Khedira midfield 2 against us along with players like Özil in front of them who don't contribute at all defensively, I think another huge blowout would be possible. Too lightweight in the middle.

They need a "hard man" like Matic. Khedira is basically a non-shit Ramires. Good as a compliment to a proper defensive mid but not THE defensive mid.

Only if Ramires is off. Tbh we've done some great business this transfer window, if it's true about Jose talking to Khedira then it might be best to play with the current team for this year, and then sell whoever is the biggest liability during the year between Mikel, Ramires & MVG and get Khedira (

It'll be Ramires
) in on a free. The transfer fee and freed up wages will allow us to pay him however much he's asking without it denting our transfer or wage budget.

TBH i'd rather keep Ramires, he offers the stamina and legs in midfield and will definitely be a part of Jose's tactical plans against the big sides.

TBH i'd rather keep Ramires, he offers the stamina and legs in midfield and will definitely be a part of Jose's tactical plans against the big sides.

That's true, but I see Khedira as a more B2B player than pure holding mid. He hasn't got the stamina of Ramires but he's gives away infinite less fouls and is infinitely smarter on the ball.

So i'd keep Mikel as the back up to Matic as the pure holding mid and have 2 or 3 of Fabregas/MVG/Ramires/Khedira to play alongside.

Madrid have not received any offer for him. Arsenal are not interested anymore because of his wages.

Madrid will try to include him in the James deal.

I know it's a news from yesterday, but the club have removed the No. 6 (Khedira) from their official shop in Madrid.

Madrid have not received any offer for him. Arsenal are not interested anymore because of his wages.

Madrid will try to include him in the James deal.

I know it's a news from yesterday, but the club have removed the No. 6 (Khedira) from their official shop in Madrid.

no one will buy it anyway... :clown:

I somehow fail to believe he really expects clubs to pay him 200k per week XO hopefully that's all media blowing things out of proportion just because they heard he was asking for a higher wage which is fine if he's on 90k a week or something like that and his contact is expiring ..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You