Daniele de Rossi

the wes

But a player surely has a say on where they go? ADL can hardly say: "right, they met your release clause, off you go son!". I'm sure it only allows PSG to speak to Cavani, if he doesn't agree personal terms or doesn't want to play in a shit league he can tell PSG where to go. That's why I think he's a bit of a hypocrite, he always said he'd leave for a bigger club, well I don't think PSG are any bigger than Napoli right now...

I believe that's more complicated than you make it sounds, mate.

First off, Cavani is one of, if not the best striker in the world right now. Napoli is to small for him right now ; and I do believe that Cavani knows that. He has seen all that has to be seen at Napoli, and now has to move on to a bigger step. It's the right time for him ; he is at his peak and is still "young". If he waits one more year, it could be a case where nobody's longer interested in him, or at least willing to pay over the odds for him.

Moreover, to me it appeared that de Laurentis was willing, very willing to sell. Despite what that fan from Napoli was saying again and again (that Napoli didn't want to sell), into my eyes de Laurentis has just acted like he was trying his best to sell Cavani. It's a lifetime chance to sell a player for 70 millions d'euros.

So while Cavani has put one foot out of the club on his own ; the Club put his other foot out of the club. And because of this situation (all the stuff I aforementioned), Cavani had to find another club.

Unfortunately for him — or not —, the only club willing to meet his buyout-clause is Paris. Like it or not, PSG is a bigger club than Napoli. A bigger club because they have higer ambitions and they have the money and the players to back-up these ambitions. On the one hand, they will offer him way more money. On the second hand, they will offer him a bigger challenge on the sportive aspect. PSG has way more chance to win La Ligue 1 than Napoli to win El Calico — even if La Serie has an higher reputation than the French league, if the arab money keeps pouring in, then the Ligue 1 could be more competitive and attractive than La Seria A in a few years of time. In the Champions League, PSG is also bound to have more success than Napoli ; they have better players and they don't have the fat waiter. Though I am absolutly not convinced by Blanc, but he isn't there to last anyway.

So you see, Cavani has to leave, and the only option is PSG.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Th club found it "justifiable" last season to go into the longest season we ever played with the thinnest squad we had in a long time and with RDM as a manager for a transitional season. So, NO, I don't support their decision regardless.

I wouldn't mind him here, but not on a 4 year deal and certainly not on 135K/wk!

I fail to see how that's relevant. I'm not asking you to blindly accept whatever the club does. But our finances (as far as i'm aware) are in good shape judging by the end of year reports. They're not something that we'll ever get a full picture on, so if Mourinho wants him, the board want him, and the club can afford him, what does it matter to you how much he's being paid per week?

Our midfield ha s a lot of problems. One player won't magically make it disappear, but this guy can really put a dent in it. We all saw what Jose managed to do with Makelel, and we need a solid DM. 135k is a bit steep, but it is the prize you pay for a quality player. And in that sort of role, providing he stays fit there is no reason to believe he cant still be worth that in 4 years time. Its not like his reduction in pace or something will dramtically impact his role.

Imo, get him. Then we can play a variety of players alongside him. We also need some experience, and cant have everyone being U25. Makes sense to me.

Our midfield ha s a lot of problems. One player won't magically make it disappear, but this guy can really put a dent in it. We all saw what Jose managed to do with Makelel, and we need a solid DM. 135k is a bit steep, but it is the prize you pay for a quality player. And in that sort of role, providing he stays fit there is no reason to believe he cant still be worth that in 4 years time. Its not like his reduction in pace or something will dramtically impact his role.

Imo, get him. Then we can play a variety of players alongside him. We also need some experience, and cant have everyone being U25. Makes sense to me.

I'm all for the young players getting a chance, but we need some strength there so that we can play the likes of Van Ginkel, Chalobah and even Rami.

This guy could become a real favourite too. He's a proper leader and someone other players can look to and be inspired by. That's what we've missed in that position at times over the last couple of seasons, probably since we lost Ballack and Essien suffered his injuries.

Why?

Because at 160k/wk he's currently probably the world's highest paid sub.

I'm not denying there aren't other alternatives but DDR would be a huge boost and would do a gr8 job for us until other younger players we have are mature enough to step up to a much bigger role.

Yes, he can do a job for us but he's 30 and we're giving him a four year deal at 7m per year. Since basically we're not going to re sell him and he won't move until his contract is over because no one will match those wages. We are making a 41m investment (13m fee + 7m times four years). Is the job he's going to do here for the next couple of years worth 41m? For me the answer is NO.

Anyway this is all speculation and we don't know what we are offering him or if we even made a bid. I just hope that the reported numbers are false.

Wait, 7m per year? For a 30yo? Really?!

That's a 135K/wk! REALLY?!!

De Rossi top top signing and if it happen will be one of the best transfer this season (or the best)!

And again and again i say, Torres earns 175K a week! who cares about what De Rossi earns even if he got 150K a week!

Because at 160k/wk he's currently probably the world's highest paid sub.

Yes, he can do a job for us but he's 30 and we're giving him a four year deal at 7m per year. Since basically we're not going to re sell him and he won't move until his contract is over because no one will match those wages. We are making a 41m investment (13m fee + 7m times four years). Is the job he's going to do here for the next couple of years worth 41m? For me the answer is NO.

Anyway this is all speculation and we don't know what we are offering him or if we even made a bid. I just hope that the reported numbers are false.

If he does a Makalele, Ballack or Zola - it would definitely be worth it.

2013%2F6%2FDeRossi-Focus.jpg

Tackle, interception and Pass acuracy is the key point for a worldclass defensive midfielder. if we can't make a huge goalscoring number like in 2009/2010 (am i wrong??),,then we should be more defensive minded to reduce conceded and play posession football like City did last season...

so,,for now no more choice that player has been experienced, mature and skillful to lead our pivot than De Rossi....

I'm all for the young players getting a chance, but we need some strength there so that we can play the likes of Van Ginkel, Chalobah and even Rami.

This guy could become a real favourite too. He's a proper leader and someone other players can look to and be inspired by. That's what we've missed in that position at times over the last couple of seasons, probably since we lost Ballack and Essien suffered his injuries.

What he said, plus, if needed and if he arrives he could become captain material immediately as he is that type of player. With Frank possibly being more from the bench and Terry struggling ever more with injuries etc I think it would make sense. Plus I'm not a fan of keepers being captains, just my opinion however.

I seriously doubt he can play as a CDM.

I think that he can.He is tall and strong so he can bully the other midfielders.Just watch the last match of everton against city and see how Fellaini overpowered Toure to get the ball.

I fail to see how that's relevant. I'm not asking you to blindly accept whatever the club does. But our finances (as far as i'm aware) are in good shape judging by the end of year reports. They're not something that we'll ever get a full picture on, so if Mourinho wants him, the board want him, and the club can afford him, what does it matter to you how much he's being paid per week?

By that mentality we should also stop discussing anything about Chelsea and just stick to reporting news because of course the club knows more than us. But they can make mistakes and I think this would be one of them. BTW, the only reason we broke even last season is because we got 67m from the CL win. No we're not in great shape financially.

It matters to me because, don't we currently have a striker problem because we can't replace Torres because no one would pay the wages we decided to give him? Didn't we pay Malouda a few millions last season just so he can train with reserves because again no one would pay him the wages we were giving him?

the player who we are really lack in our squad he is Daniele De Rossi and another striker.
look at Bayern, was feel they missing player like Javi Martínez and they go and buy him for €40 million!
and in the end we saw the result! so do we, we missing player like De Rossi and i hope we go and buy him for any price!

By that mentality we should also stop discussing anything about Chelsea and just stick to reporting news because of course the club knows more than us. But they can make mistakes and I think this would be one of them. BTW, the only reason we broke even last season is because we got 67m from the CL win. No we're not in great shape financially.

It matters to me because, don't we currently have a striker problem because we can't replace Torres because no one would pay the wages we decided to give him? Didn't we pay Malouda a few millions last season just so he can train with reserves because again no one would pay him the wages we were giving him?

I'm sure Ballack probably arrived at a similar age and on similar wages, and i'd say that was an excellent signing.

I didn't say we're in great shape financially either. We're in good stead to comply with FFP, and if Mourinho and the board think that signing De Rossi is necessary to achieve more success which in turns brings in more money, so be it.

We weren't/aren't looking to replace Torres this year as far as i'm aware, so I don't know where you've got that from. We were looking to add to our strikers with either Falcao or Cavani, who would've also been on similar wages to Fernando anyway.

Before, you were complaining about the club's desire to go into last season with a thin squad, and now you're complaining that moving for one of the top CMs in the world is a mistake. It's all well and good buying young talent like van Ginkel, but every team needs some experience and steel (as Lampard showed us last year). Speaking of Frank, he'll likely be off next summer, so theres a cool £100K+ a week to take off the bill.

Fair enough if you think this move would be a mistake, that's your opinion. My opinion is that fans talking about the money involved in wages is pretty much redundant, as all we have to go on is the media. I'd like De Rossi to join, and frankly i'm not fussed about how much he earns. If it's an extra £20-30k then so be it.

I don't understand why everyone is suddenly so tries to act all conscious about wages. We have a superfluous amount of money and ffp isn't too much of an issue (see clubs like psg etc).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You