Daniele de Rossi

the wes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think my little heart can take seeing a Chelsea midfield getting overrun by bottom half sides for another season.

Can't imagine us starting the season without adding someone there. Unless Jose feels MvG is ready immediately or that Essien is back to his best.

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 46s

Mourinho has denied any interest in Higuaín and either Daniele De Rossi or Luiz Gustavo and said there are no untouchables (Guardian) #CFC

dont know if true but if yes..either the board or mou are delusional.

Fake. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/19/jose-mourinho-chelsea-godfather

From The Independents interview with Jose:

"He also said that the club would not be bidding for Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi. “No, we are fine for midfield players. Experience: Michael Essien, Lampard. Mid-age: John Obi Mikel, Ramires. Very young: Marco van Ginkel. We are there.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jose-mourinho-tells-john-terry-to-show-he-is-worth-new-chelsea-deal-8721148.html

Just seen a quote stating definitively that we won't buy anyone in midfield.

Will we see the dreaded Mikel/Lamps partnership again? Who the hell are we gonna line up in midfield to handle Fernandinho/Yaya?

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 46s

Mourinho has denied any interest in Higuaín and either Daniele De Rossi or Luiz Gustavo and said there are no untouchables (Guardian) #CFC

dont know if true but if yes..either the board or mou are delusional.

Fukin funniest thing ive heard all day!!

Cause you know more than mou or the boardabout what's going on at the club, about the players etc. haha

Close thread. Mou confirmed he's not buying anyone else for the midfield.

“No, we are fine for midfield players. Experience: Michael Essien, Lampard. Mid-age: John Obi Mikel, Ramires. Very young: Marco van Ginkel. We are there.”

To be fair, once Romeu was told he was behind Essien, it was quite a clear indication that Jose intends to use both he and Lampard this season. When you add that to the fact that Mikel's staying put and that Ramires was told he was a vital player to the team, I can understand why we're not looking at anyone else. Of course that could all change if a bid came in for either Mikel or Essien, but I can't see it happening.

Shame, because our midfield has been crying out for a bit of steel, and De Rossi would've been perfect. I can't imagine players like Yaya are going to quiver with fear at the sight of Marco van Ginkel and Ramires...

If that's true Mikel will have a prominent role next season. Looks like Mourinho has faith in our midfield. Our midfield isn't bad, but adding De Rossi would definitely take it to the next level. Maybe they have a lot of faith in MVG.

I'm okay with it to be honest if they want to give Marco more chances.

Daym i was really crossing my fingers for DDR or Luis Gustavo to join us. Our mid would have been the best in the world. I'm not saying it can't be still but our defensive midfield area will definitely need working on with the curren options available to Mou. If anyone can turn Mikel from average to world class though it is definitely Mou. Essien looks like he can still a job and I strongly believed he could have last season and was genuinely annoyed at us loaning him out to Real Madrid.

I hate it, i cant get what Mou wants to do with our midfield players, and i think it will be extra hard to win the title with this midfield. PANIC and all that... yes.

I hope someone will surprise me... but i know tht Essien was a fucking RB for Mou in Real, so in Chelsea he's good enough for CDM? fuck it, are we Spurs or Chelsea? we want our Alonso. thats just make me mad. I at least hope he's gonna give the job for Ramires and MVG, not Lamps and Ess/Mikel.

Gutted, really wanted De Rossi to sign. Would love to see a Ramires - Van Ginkel pivot though, both can swap their roles during games, Marco would start as the 6 with Ramires being the box to box player but he could swap with Rami so Rami's the 6 and Marco's the box to box player.

Honestly, I think essien will be no 1 DM over mikel.

And mvg will get a few opportunities here and there.

Not a chance.

Personally, I'd start Mikel, Lampard, Ramires and Van Ginkel over Essien.

Essien used to be my favourite player as well but people are just going overboard if they're expecting Essien to be our number 1 DM. What are you basing that on exactly? His games at DM at Madrid or? Because at Madrid his best performances came at RB, not at DM. At DM he was more oft than not sub standard.

Have no idea why people are getting so excited over Essien. Seems to be because he had a decent game against a sub standard team, which is very, very illogical IMO.

I think Mikel will surprise a lot on here and start lots next season personally. Mikel was always Jose's experiment.

I could see Oscar falling back if we plan on starting one of Schurrle or KDB. There are few options, Oscar-Lamps, Essian-Ramires, Oscar Mikel, Van Ginkle-Ramires. That should be plenty enough to work. Throw in Mikel as well and we're set.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You