Daniele de Rossi

the wes

Marquinhos 25m? LOL I thought he was like £40m or something, sign him up! One of the best young CB in the world atm if not the best, 25m is peanut for him, he is the future Thiago Silva. As for De Rossi, he is worth around £10-£15m imo, maybe we can push it up to £20m but that would be about it.

40 million pounds? That'd be ridicilous, even if he is a great talen. He has only played one season in the Serie A so far. And he could not challenge Luiz, Cahill or Ivanovic. They are strong, experienced players. Experience really important for a CB.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 million pounds? That'd be ridicilous, even if he is a great talen. He has only played one season in the Serie A so far. And he could not challenge Luiz, Cahill or Ivanovic. They are strong, experienced players. Experience really important for a CB.

He is much better than Cahill and Luiz, maybe Ivanovic is better atm because he is more experienced. Yeah that would be his price because of his age+potential. Around 30-40m, there are not many great young CB around atm.

You are right, experience is often valued over talent in the ever so crucial CB position.

However Mou has showed with what he has done with Varane that young CBs can be very effective even at the top level. Given they have proper guidance of course.

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/zu0fall-ekoahtkedcl30g/Show/Player-Focus-Top-Teenage-Centre-Backs-Marquinhos-Zouma-Laporte

A nice article dealing with young CBs. One of the main points : Sheer athleticism has become an invaluable quality in football as of late.

Then again ; nothing wrong with experience and it is because it usually works best that teams usually favour experience over youth in this position. I'd like to add though that going for youth is sometimes a risk worth taking. It all comes down to the player himself, the manager and the tactics.

You are right, experience is often valued over talent in the ever so crucial CB position.

However Mou has showed with what he has done with Varane that young CBs can be very effective even at the top level. Given they have proper guidance of course.

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/zu0fall-ekoahtkedcl30g/Show/Player-Focus-Top-Teenage-Centre-Backs-Marquinhos-Zouma-Laporte

A nice article dealing with young CBs. One of the main points : Sheer athleticism has become an invaluable quality in football as of late.

Then again ; nothing wrong with experience and it is because it usually works best that teams usually favour experience over youth in this position. I'd like to add though that going for youth is sometimes a risk worth taking. It all comes down to the player himself, the manager and the tactics.

Varane played very well last season, but he was sitting on the bench for one and a half year altough he was really talented.

And a 35 years old Drogba showed us that Varane got still learn a lot to become a top defender.

He is much better than Cahill and Luiz, maybe Ivanovic is better atm because he is more experienced. Yeah that would be his price because of his age+potential. Around 30-40m, there are not many great young CB around atm.

Luiz is better.......

Varane played very well last season, but he was sitting on the bench for one and a half year altough he was really talented.

And a 35 years old Drogba showed us that Varane got still learn a lot to become a top defender.

Good point !

Mou has surely learned a lot from it. I guess youth in those defensive positions has to be used very carefully. Europe is a different battlefield, young players have often proved erratic in there.

I'll try and get back to De Rossi from there. Couldn't a player like him : A very experienced leader in the defensive half of the pitch help us push our young players to get just the extra edge they need to compete on all fronts?

I mean, our young boys sometimes lack concentration (sometimes they're not so eager to defend as much as they should even) and they could be inspired by a guy like De Rossi and rally with him.

Attacking wise yet and more flair but not at the most important aspect-the defending.

No. Luiz was the perfect defender in Di Matteo's time! Benitez came along made his offense better and his defensive skills lower. Now, he is back at CB for Brazil and it seems he got it back. He is a fantastic CB. If he keeps top form then he is one of the best. atm he is better than thiago Silva ans surley better than your youngster.

I share the same opinion, he's worth more than 25 million euros, thought about 35-40. Even if he's only played one season, you only need one game to watch him in action and realise he'll be a top defender in the future. Best rated CB aged betweed 18-21 years old along with Varane, Nastasic, Umtiti, Zouma, Papadopoulos, maybe De Vrij IMO. Moreover, I see Marquinhos as a one-club only player in the future. If Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Paris, United will sign him will have him for years - he'll just grow bigger and bigger by year and it will be hard for someone to take his place in the 1st eleven. I don't say he'll be breaking into the first team this season, but the kid is pure class. Better than Cahill for sure, he'll be better than Luiz and Chelsea must try and sign him. Even if he'll choose Barcelona or PSG over us, but at least we tried and didn't let him go to a top team without doing all we could to sign him.

You're joking, right? That'd make him probably the most expensive defender in history...for a player that's played 35 professional games in his entire career, and has no appearances for his national team. You want to pay elite striker money for an unproven CB. Just when I think people can't overrate potential and youth any more than they already do, someone proves me wrong. He would be worth a bid and may very well have a very bright future, but he's not worth half of what you are willing to pay for him right now.

We have some good young talent at CB already in Kalas,Omerou,Chalobah etc..so another one is not a priority tho they can play other positions too so if the price is right and they bought him I wouldn't complain.

Meanwhile on the De Rossi thread.....

was just going to say maybe this talk should be taken to general or his transfer thread... any new news on de rossi haven't heard anything pleasing in last couple of days

So, today Roma president hangs down the phone wrongly and whoever called him heard what he was discussing with the other director/directors about their transfer strategies? Are you buying this?

Now, they talked about:

-Roma will sell De Rossi for the right price. They say the right bid hasn't yet come for Daniele

Well, I don't know if this wasn't just a strategy to rush the sellings, but this means De Rossi will end his journey in Rome now. Hearing this, he won't stay any second there. Hope he'll make the right decision by coming here.

Mirror are reporting that we could close the transfer for De Rossi if we'll give them Wallace on loan.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-daniele-de-rossi-2043516

Italian press proved in the Cavani saga they know nothing about are businesses, maybe The Mirror? :ph34r:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You