This could end like last summer

Whats the rush?

The only problematic signing for us is Tevez/Aguero/Pato. We have two months to sign on of them.

Our first signing would be done once Ancellotti joins us. And my guess is Zirkov.

We then need to sign a back up Goalie, a decent midfielder which we will easily sign.

My only issue is how we manage to bring in Tevez/Aguero/Pato. Thats gonne be the transfer saga of the summer for us.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all these big names touted in the press connected to us (some probably true and some probably a Mikel shot wide of the mark) I am kinda worried that we could see the Robinho situation all over again this year. Real are making all the right noises, which in turn sees all the stars preferring to become Galactico's instead of coming to us. I know its silly season, but I think we should officially announce negotiation has started with someone somewhere. Discuss....

LOL good one Stamford, and it's sad to say you may be right. As long as we by the right players then It's all good.

I don't see how people can complain about Madrid and City spending mega amounts of cash when we were doing the same season after season. Using the excuse of "but we didn't spend so much" is invalid as well - we dominated the transfer market for years. We now have to stand up and realise Madrid and City now have the money and we will only get the leftovers. Its time like this where we should scout for new talent and stop trying to offer millions for some other club's hottest prospect.

I read an article the other day which suggested that due to the current value of the Euro against the Pound, it having an influence on players deciding to come to England to play football, and also something reguarding tax issues. Other countries have a fraction paid on tax compared to that of the UK.

When it comes down to it, there is no loyalty in football, its all about the money. Those who are looking for a massive pay day will look elsewhere as finacially its a safer bet.

With all these big names touted in the press connected to us (some probably true and some probably a Mikel shot wide of the mark)

Love the metaphor :lol:

I think we're going to sign Zhirkov soon, Sturridge after him, and the go for a Young GK , we were linked to a couple as far as i remember and a good Defender

There is always the rumours - reading between the hype I reckon the done deals will be Zhirkov, Sturridge, and the Boro keeper Turnbull.

And that will be it.

Though I would love to see Tevez arrive........

In all fairness, I think that's all we will need. Drogba, Anelka, Kalou and Sturridge will be sufficient as our strikers.

I don't see how people can complain about Madrid and City spending mega amounts of cash when we were doing the same season after season. Using the excuse of "but we didn't spend so much" is invalid as well - we dominated the transfer market for years. We now have to stand up and realise Madrid and City now have the money and we will only get the leftovers. Its time like this where we should scout for new talent and stop trying to offer millions for some other club's hottest prospect.

I always thought that was Arnesens brief ...wonder when his expertise will start to pay off

I think if we get Zhirkov, Sturridge and Turnbull then that is the basics of whate we need for a great and slightly younger (and more English) squad. I hear Sheva's on his way back to Kiev, and maybe Deco and Calvalho are on their way out, so long as we give Mancienne a chance we dont need to replace anyone in defence. This morning i have seen reports of Chelsea after the awesome PSG player Sessegnon, as a replacement for Deco, the ageing (but in my eyes still good) Ballack, and Essien when he goes to the African Cup of Nations (Which Mikel isnt going to). I think if we got those 4 there is no way we wouldent win the Premier League and Champions League. I think Chelsea will secure the first three then push for a big bid for either that PSG midfielder, or something really special up front like Pato or Aguero. If we do get those 3 id be happy, and a currently great young Striker (because Sturridge may need some time to become a legend) then id be exstatic

Its the first day of the transfer window and we don't even know who Ancelloti wants, Thats the thing. We should sign who HE wants rather than who we want. Its time to trust Carlo with his signings and his tactics and get behind him 100%. I'll support any signing he makes whether it is Ross Turnball, or if its Aguero.

More than likely the days of big spending are gone. Turnbull for the English quota, Sturridge and Hiddinks recomendation of Zhirkov could be well be the lot.

Pato and Tevez would be great, a different class to Sturridge, but cant see it happening.....

Sometimes, less is more !

Just think about Shevchenko. Big names have "Flop" as second name.

I am happy we are not spending 589023 MIllion Pound on one player just to turn him into a one man show.

Our best players were recognized by other Clubs ( Drogba is the best example) but nothing compared to the hype about Kaka, RIbery or Benzema.

I think we should do more deals like the Zhirkov deal...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You