This could end like last summer

Its definitely Ribery being targetted, i have no doubts about that and i think Roman's gonna target him and buy him no matter the price unlike previous seasons. He is probably thinking about how Robinho got away last season and wont want that to happen again. We aint won the league since 06 and aint ever won the UCL so maybe its bout time we put ourselves out to get targets. £70m is stupid tho but thats what was in the mail.....

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me it won't be Pato this yr !! Ancelotti would more likely want him for next yr.. because this yr Drogs n Nico wd do just fine for the lone striker role.. Drogs may not be the same next yr when he is 32 and may be allowed to leave wd Pato then comin as a replacement..

My guess is Ancelotti would hv told Pato to be at Milan this yr so that he gets a first team place in the Brazil squad for the WC.

Well, its only my guess, u know !! ;)

So its between the Frankenstein n Kun I believe...

With Bruce Bucks announcement that we are still looking to make a block buster signing for the season, it got me wondering who they would need to bring in. Perhaps Ribery or Villa, maybe Tevez, Aguero or even Pato, could it be De Rossi or Pirlo? Then I started thinking, do we actually need any of these players? My feeling is no, our first 11 pretty much picks itself, especuially with Joe Cole fit and Zhirkov to provide competition on the left. If we were to bring in any of tese players it would disrupt the team as they would want to walk into the first team. Yes Pato and Aguero are both very young but would cost a fortune and come with large expectations. Tevez would mean we would have to play 2 up front as we cannot leave two world class players out on the bench. I think signing Ribery or Villa would just be luxury signing that we dont actually need, as would Pirlo or De Rossi. I say we should continue as we have been so far and bring in quality players who can add depth and versatity to the squad, like we have done with Zhirkov. I dont think we need more than 2 more signings to replace those who are destined to leave in Deco and Carvalho. If it were me id try bring in Van Der Vaart or Snjider to replace Deco and if we allow Mancienne to go out on loan to Wolves for the season, id want Micah Richards or Steven Taylor to provide quality, young, strong, English talent and not Bruno Alves or Mexes who we have been linked with.

Do we NEED a big signing? Probably not, our squad is excellant for sure. However we seriously need to be considering the future. To sign, especially Pato or Aguero now would put us in an excellant position to build on for the future. With so many of our players into their 30's it is now we need to start dealing with replacing them.

Plus to be adding the quality of a truly World Class player to our squad will take us up a level and make us even stronger and give us a even better chance of winning the big cups this season.

The thing is we really need someone who can do something special, something unexpected. That's what we are missing, we need such a player, probably a star-name.

I agree with what you are saying, my only concern is the disruption that a signing like that may cause, any big name signing will want to play and im not sure that we could guarantee it with the exception of during the AFCON. Perhaps it would be wiser to rather wait until a player like Drogba does leave and then purchase such a player. bearing in mind the quality youngsters we already have in Stoch, Di Santo, Sturridge, Kakuta, Mancienne to name a few does put us in a strong position for the future.

I agree with what you are saying, my only concern is the disruption that a signing like that may cause, any big name signing will want to play and im not sure that we could guarantee it with the exception of during the AFCON. Perhaps it would be wiser to rather wait until a player like Drogba does leave and then purchase such a player. bearing in mind the quality youngsters we already have in Stoch, Di Santo, Sturridge, Kakuta, Mancienne to name a few does put us in a strong position for the future.

Stoch, Di Santo, Sturridge, Kakuta and Mancienne all have to prove still that they can play at the highest level on a regular basis. If a couple of them were fairly established i would agree with you.

To wait could be a big mistake, we may not be able to land someone at that time and we could be left with nothing or someone not quite good enough.

It is obvious we want a big signing to improve the quality of the squad and we DO need someone who can do something special!

The thing is we really need someone who can do something special, something unexpected. That's what we are missing, we need such a player, probably a star-name.

We already have Lampard, Drogba & Joe Cole who are all capable of this and who have proven they are capable of this. Yes most of our star players are ageing, but we have some seriously talented young players, people forget about Mikel, Kalou, Stoch, Kakuta, Bosingwa is only 25, Joe Cole 27, Zhirkov is 25, Essien 26 I think, so we have young players, I think we should rather bring in players who we can develop into word class players like we have done with Zhirkov

Stoch, Di Santo, Sturridge, Kakuta and Mancienne all have to prove still that they can play at the highest level on a regular basis. If a couple of them were fairly established i would agree with you.

To wait could be a big mistake, we may not be able to land someone at that time and we could be left with nothing or someone not quite good enough.

It is obvious we want a big signing to improve the quality of the squad and we DO need someone who can do something special!

Agree totally. We do not necessarily need a big name, but a signing that can just do that little something to turn the odds in our favour. Also by signing this so called marquee signing, it will in turn strengthen our bench. For example look at Utds bench last season, they could batter most teams with their starting line up. Then when the opposing team think they have handled themselves quite well, they look at the touchline and see Tevez, Berbatov or Rooney waiting to come on. That's what we need a real threat from the bench as well as the starting line up.

We already have Lampard, Drogba & Joe Cole who are all capable of this and who have proven they are capable of this. Yes most of our star players are ageing, but we have some seriously talented young players, people forget about Mikel, Kalou, Stoch, Kakuta, Bosingwa is only 25, Joe Cole 27, Zhirkov is 25, Essien 26 I think, so we have young players, I think we should rather bring in players who we can develop into word class players like we have done with Zhirkov

Joe Cole is the nearest we have to the "creative" type player. Lampard and Drogba are special players who can do incredible things but not the sort of player that i think we are lacking.

Our main problem is that our attacking line is getting older. Drogba and Anelka especially. Plus we never really in the same way replaced Robben and Duff, the way they played absolutely terrorised oposition teams and we have not had that since and that is what we are looking for.

That's all true and yes, Lampard, Drogba and Cole are all fantastic players. But either Ribery or Pato or Aguero are all different classes. They can aspire after The world player of the year award in the future, especially Pato and Aguero, and that would mean so much.

I would love to see either Aguero or Pato at Chelsea , though I dont think Chelsea are short up front. Nobody really knows how Ancelotti will set up the team yet and what formation he will play. Personally though I would like to see another top class central midfielder at the club. Im not high on Ballack and if we got somebody like say De Rossi it would give John Obi Mikel some time to develop as a player.

People like Di Santo are unproven at the club because they haven't been playing enough games. I would seriously let Di Santo go out on loan, solely to gain Premier League experience.

To answer the question "do we need a marquee signing"... Yes!

Aguero, Tevez, Ribery or Pato would be the ideal signing in this category. Drogba is a goalgetter for us, but he's no Thierry Henry or Fernando Torres IMO. We need a striker who is young and can score a lot of goals, and a lot of vital winners as well, when we really need it.

Although Tevez might be the only player we won't get because Man City already have one hand on him at the moment.

My thought that we really should be watching to buy one brilliant footbaler and he must be young not more then 24....We really must have somebody that world will talk about his skills and that he must love CFC!!

Yes. People are talking about Ribery. But we cant just blindly get Ribery, just cus we need one Star signing. We have Malouda and Zirkov Already.

We must aggresively go for Aguero/Tevez. With that I mean a Second Striker. My choice would be Aguero this season. He is only 21 has enough time to settle in Premier League.

Next season, Anelka would be 31 and Drogba 32, Sell one of them and buy Pato.

Give the Aguero/Pato Partnership a season or two to blossom into one of the most top Strike pair in Europe. To give them competition we have Di Santo and Sturridge. By then we may also have Kakuta and Stoch in the first team. They all are almost of the same age. And we may have a young talented Attack.

This is what I want to see in 3-4 years, for which we should start buying the young stars from now on. Aguero now and Pato next season.And Dzagoev after that. Just go for them one by one every season.

Strikers: Aguero, Pato, Di Santo, Sturridge

Wingers: Kakuta, Stoch, Aguero, may be one more winger for competition.

Midfield : Essien, Mikel, Dzagoev, Mellis, Woods, Lampard

LB: Zhirkov, Bertand

CB: Terry, Ivanovic, Alex, Mancienne

RB: Bosingwa, Mancienne

GK: Cech, Turnball, Sebek.

This is the team I want to see in the next three seasons. Lively Young attack, Experience and young legs in the midfield and Experience at the back.

Edited by warnie_666

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You