This could end like last summer

i think swoop for jaan class huntelaar will be good. or why someone else bring robben back he is a world class player untouchable on his day and would be available for as chip as 7m to 8m pounds. or drenthe would be a great signing as he will be the back up for ashley cole.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sneijder,Van der Vart or Huntelar all are welcome.

WE could buy a midfielder one from the first two and Huntelar.

Would be a good summer for us.

We could perhaps get a back up keeper and a winger and are ready for next season.

Goalkeepers - we already have Cech, who is the world's best goalkeeper. However, I've felt he hasn't been as consistent since Cudicini left, leaving me to assume he isn't being pushed enough by another competitive goalkeeper in training. A young goalkeeper should be brought in for both the future and as cover; Hilario is a great reserve, but he isn't Chelsea first-team standard, and we need to bring in a confident, established young goalkeeper who can fill the void, like Assman, Hart or Neuer.

Defenders - the one area of the pitch that needs no cover at all, in my view. At right-back we have both Bosingwa and Ferreira, and they can also cover the left-back position of Ashley Cole if needs be. We also have Ryan Bertrand who can play there, and Michael Mancienne can play in either position. At centre-half we have Alex and Terry, and Ivanovic as cover. Mancienne is a centre-back by trade, and we also have Essien who can fill in during emergencies, as well as Belletti who strictly speaking is a full-back.

Midfielders - again, this is an area that needs little or no change. With Joe Cole back to full fitness, we will have two out-and-out wingers in he and Malouda, and Kalou, Stoch and even Anelka can also play out in wide positions. Essien and Belletti have also played out wide when needed, so we have plenty of cover there. Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Belletti and Mikel make up the central midfield positions, and its likely Jack Cork may be called up following strong performances at Championship level. The only real cover we need is that of another winger, in my opinion, and Zhirkov would best fit that bill as he can also operate at left-back. Of course, the cover we currently have may not be entirely adequate but we do have that cover available if injuries become plentiful.

Strikers - with Anelka and Drogba finishing the campaign in fine form playing together, it would appear we have found a winning partnership up front. However, both strikers are on the wrong side of 30 and whilst we have di Santo and Kalou who are both young forwards, Kalou's form is spasmodic at best and di Santo is relatively unproven against Premier League opposition. We need a striker who is either proven in the Premier League or at least have the experience of playing regularly in a top European league, such as Tevez and/or Aguero. Then we need to bring in someone like Daniel Sturridge, a young striker, preferably English so we can include them in the "home-grown quota," and therefore include more players in the European squads and so on. Let's not forgot Shevchenko and/or Pizarro may be returning, and Pizarro himself has been in good form for Werder.

In conclusion, I believe we need:

• 1 goalkeeper with first-division experience, preferably someone young and competitive who can challenge Cech for the starting position, ie. Hart or Assman.
  • 1 winger/wing-back again with experience of playing at the top level, who is similar to Belletti in the way they can play either in a wing position or a full-back position, ie Zhirkov.
  • 2 strikers with European experience; preferably one established first-team regular and the other a younger play who can be grown into a potential star, ie. Tevez/Aguero and Sturridge.

Agreed completely, Chelsea are not going for the big guns (Ribery, Benzema, Villa) this summer and our most realistic signing is probably in Zhirkov, Sturridge, or Tevez.

Cech, Hilario. In: Assman or Hart.

Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Ivanovic, Ashley Cole, Mancienne, Ferreira. In: Burdisso, only if the club think its a good idea in the trade for Deco and Carvalho but personally i dont think he is needed.

Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Malouda, Joe Cole, Ballack, Stoch, Sinclair, Mellis. In: Zhirkov and Pirlo, who i personally think could be great for us, i think he would suit the EPL very well and someone who be good cover while the African Cup of Nations are on, the only downside is that he is a bit older than what we are looking for.

Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo. In: Aguero or Tevez and Sturridge.

Edited by STEV3O

This mourning Spanish newspapers Marka said that Real will be selling a lot because of their new signings to get some money back....It is belived that those 9 players are:

Raphael Van Der Vart- good choise I think

Rood Van Nisterloy

Klass Jan Huntealar- very good choise!!

Royston Drenthe- good player but we have A. Cole and he will probably go to Fiorentina.

Arjen Robben- don't think that he would like to come back

Wesly Snaider...!!ž

Gabriel Haince

Javier Saviola

Mamathu Diarra

6 dutch-man , 2 Argentians and 1 African....

They will coast like 15-20 milion euros each......

If we where to sign some of there players i would only like to see Van Der Varrt who we where looking at a couple of seasons back and is a great talent just not getting game time. Also Sniejder and possibly Drenthe for cover for ashley but i dont think he is needed.

Many of your are suggesting young keepers from other clubs, what about what we already have?

Jan Sebek who you might of seen interviewed in this months Chelsea magazine has been tipped as the next Cech. He had fine run of solid reserve team displays and earned himself a squad number towards the end of last season.

His only 18, already 6'5, is Czech and even comes from the same town as Petr.

Many of your are suggesting young keepers from other clubs, what about what we already have?

Jan Sebek who you might of seen interviewed in this months Chelsea magazine has been tipped as the next Cech. He had fine run of solid reserve team displays and earned himself a squad number towards the end of last season.

Sebek is certainly looking like becomming a big talent for us. The problem with him is that up until a few months ago his form was poor, he was not looking like living up to his hype until he made his reserves debut! Since then i have very much liked what i have seen, however next season would be too soon for him to be third choice keeper. The lad is a monster though.

Rhys Taylor has not progressed enough since playing reserves on a regular basis. Maybe a loan for him is needed next.

GK: Cech, Hillario, Taylor

Defence: Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Ivanović, A.Cole, Mancienne, Belleti, Bertrand

Middfield: Lamps, Mikel, Essien, Ballack, A. YOUNG, J. Cole, Malouda, Stoch, Kakuta

Attack: Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo,TEVEZ, PATO.......

I would like many many others but this is the likely one....I would like we to come in a race for Mirko Vučinić b belive me he is great and he can show that in CFC, hope basterds from Manchester won't get him!!

Edited by Mungii

I feel we need experienced first division back-up. That's why I personally want Hart or Assman, though I do rate Sebek and Rhys Taylor.

cech other players:- keepers:- turnbull, sebek, taylor(hilario retires)

maicon richards terry a.cole defenders:-mannciene, alex, ivanovic, ferreira, belleti +more

essien midfield:-ballack, mikel, miniero, stoch, + more

lampard zhirkov forwards:-j.cole, anelka, di santo, kalou, sinclair

pato malouda

drogba

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You