This could end like last summer

I agree, spending zillions is not the way to go. But I think that either Tevez or Pato should be the exception. Somebody is needed up front other than Sturridge. We need to think of a strike partnership for the future after Drogs and Anelka are gone.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, spending zillions is not the way to go. But I think that either Tevez or Pato should be the exception. Somebody is needed up front other than Sturridge. We need to think of a strike partnership for the future after Drogs and Anelka are gone.

When you think of the future, you sign young players like Sturridge. You don't go signing big name players now to replace current players two years down the line.

When we lose Drogba or Anelka is when we make a big name signing to replace them. Otherwise, it's not really necessary and it's better that we develop our young strikers by giving them a chance.

But there is a possibility Ancelotti will buy a big name or two.

It's more than likely Abramovich would have sanctioned some cash to spend on who Ancelotti chooses, as part of his agreeing to come to West London......

But Carlo isn't that type of manager. He never really spent big at Milan and he won't here. Players like Turnbull and Sturridge will be the sort of players Ancelotti wants to sign in the future. He will spend big if needed say if Drogba leaves he WILL replace him but otherwise he will look to tighten up the squad with backup and future players.

When you think of the future, you sign young players like Sturridge. You don't go signing big name players now to replace current players two years down the line.

When we lose Drogba or Anelka is when we make a big name signing to replace them. Otherwise, it's not really necessary and it's better that we develop our young strikers by giving them a chance.

But Pato is young and will outlast Drogba and Anelka, so I don't agree with you on that one Elliott. So what would be wrong with a Pato, Sturridge, Droba, Anelka forward line in whatever combination ?

We are all waitnig for Tevez, Danile is already here, but we just need someone of the trio Pato/Aguero/Tevez and we would be really powerfull....plus Yuri.

But Pato is young and will outlast Drogba and Anelka, so I don't agree with you on that one Elliott. So what would be wrong with a Pato, Sturridge, Droba, Anelka forward line in whatever combination ?

Well, my point is you don't sign a big player today with view to use him to replace another big player in two years time. Pato might be young, but the fact that he is an International, at a huge club like AC Milan, and is commanding the huge transfer fees we've been hearing, means that he is a big player, not a prospect.

But Carlo isn't that type of manager. He never really spent big at Milan and he won't here. Players like Turnbull and Sturridge will be the sort of players Ancelotti wants to sign in the future. He will spend big if needed say if Drogba leaves he WILL replace him but otherwise he will look to tighten up the squad with backup and future players.

Ancelotti didn't get any money to spend at Milan, the transfers were made by Berlusconi. Bruce Buck said that Chelsea will make a big signing this summer, he also said we would get 4-5 players in. We already have 2 almost 3 with Zhirkov. 1 big name and 1 youngster is what I am thinking.

This will not be like last summer at all.

Edited by we hate scouse

I want us to nick Samuel Eto'o. Its seems as tho Barca are willing to sell him and get David Villa. Eto'o cannot go to Man City and we cannot let another one go through the net. Dunno what's going with our transfer policy they last few years. Robinho should've been got last year, seems as tho we're gonna miss out on all the big names again. Can forget about the big trophies again too.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You