This could end like last summer

Cech, Manuel Neuer (Schalke's young keeper, we have been rumoured to be after him)

Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Ashely Cole, Ivanovic, Mancienne,

Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Mikel, Joe Cole, (possibly A. Young, might not need him with Zhirkov)

Drogba, Anelka, Aguero, Zhirkov, Kalou

And then some of our youth academy players to be given a chance, like Stoch, Di Santo, etc

Edited by Tomlewis7

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been impressed when i've seen Drenthe play. He's young and has great potential but i don't think he would like to be a second choice left back. And i doubt he would stay for long. Even though he can play left wing too but again his not likely to be first choice. However he could give us the depth in the squad we need.

Van Der Vaart hasn't really been given a chance at Real Madrid but i don't see why we need him. He would end up being a squad player, similarly to how he is being used at Real Madrid. Especially if Deco and Ballack stays. I don't see what he can give us at this moment in time.

Robben would be great to have back too. I think if he can stay fit for more than 2 days he can be one of the best in the world. ^_^

cech, NEUER, hilario

bosingwa, terry, alex, ivanovic, manciene, ferriera, a.cole, ZHIRKOV

lampard, ballack, essien, mikel, j.cole, DOUGLAS COSTA

anelka, drogba, AGUERO, stoch, di santo, STURRIDGE

Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

Bosingwa, Terry, Cole, Mancienne, Alex

Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Mikel, J. Cole, Zhirkov

drogba, anelka, aguero, sturridge, tevez

Edited by ChelseaUSA

cech, turnbull, hilario

bosingwa, terry, alex, ivanovic, manciene, ferriera, a.cole, zhyrkov

lampard, ballack, essien, mikel, j.cole, gourcuff

anelka, drogba, vagner love, stoch, di santo, sturridge

Gourcuff already finalized his transfer to Bordeaux. If we were going to buy him it would have been before that.

I'm with the wes... I'd love to see us sign Douglas Costa. Young Brazilian scouted by ManU, wanted by ManU. Would love to see us have more of a presence in Brazil. Get some youngsters in here. Maybe loan them out til they get a work permit. I guess I'm talking long term though, anyways here's my list

GK -- Cech, Hilario, Taylor, ASSMAN (simply because he's South American like me and given I am an assman, having a Chelsea kit that has Assman on the back would be perfect).

DF -- Bosingwa, Terry, Alex, A. Cole Mancienne, Ivanovic, Belletti, Ferreira, Slobodan Rajkovic (or is his loan deal not up til next year?)

MF -- Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Ballack, Malouda, J. Cole, Douglas Costa, Scott Sinclair,One of Luka Modric (likely a pipe dream)/Pirlo/Gatusso (if we get them for at the most 15 million quid for Pirlo and 9 million quid for Gatusso).

FW -- Drogba, Anelka, Stoch, Di Santo, Tevez, Sturridge, Nouble (is he ready?), Gaël Kakuta

------------Cech-------------------

Bos---Terry---Alex---A. Cole----

---- Mikel ------ Gattuso --------

Essien ---- Lampard --- Malouda

------ - ---- Drogba ------

ACON squad

------------Cech-------------------

Bos---Terry---Alex---A. Cole----

--- ----- Gattuso --------

J. Cole---- Lampard --- Malouda

------Anelka ---- Tevez ------

This could be total bullshit though haha. All depends on us signing Gattuso which I think would be wise considering the loss of Mikel and Essien in Jan.

Good choices although we wont loose Mikel in January because he fell out with the Nigerian FA for claiming he didnt have the right pass to play in the game in that country, and then being spotted at the game watching the Nigeria team, to which the fans threw bottles of urine at him...No joke, check it out its on t'internet. And today we have announced the re-loaning of defender Rajkovic to FC Twente for another year. Besides that i like the look of your squad...If we had Gattuso in the team as well as Mikel then Lampard can go back to being a proper out and out AM.

Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hillario.

Defenders - Bosingwa, Ferriera, Alex, Terry, Mancienne, Ivanovic.

Midfielders - J.Cole, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Ballack, Malouda, Sinclair, Stoch, Katuka, Zhirkov

Strikers - Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo, Tevez.

Ramos cannot defend at all, stupidly over-rated!

Wouldn't mind Pepe, VDV or Huntelaar.

I would snap Pepe right up, but with the other 2 I would only go for them if everyone else we tried to sign failed.

Don't really rate any of the other players mentioned...Even Robben, past it. Too many injury problems, would rather us spend that money on someone who will play all season.

Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnball, Hillario.

Defenders - Bosingwa, Ferriera, Alex, Terry, Mancienne, Ivanovic, A.Cole Zhirkov.

Midfielders - J.Cole, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Ballack, Malouda, Stoch, Cork Zhirkov, Dzagoev

Strikers - Drogba, Anelka, Aguero, Sturridge

Good old 442 :)

------------Cech--------------------

Bosingwa-Terry-Alex-A. Cole----

Zhirkov-Lampard-Essien-Malouda

-------Aguero--Drogba------------

ACON squad

------------Cech--------------------

Bosingwa-Terry-Alex-A. Cole-----

Zhirkov-Lampard-Dzagoev-Malouda

-------Aguero--Anelka-------------

Edited by we hate scouse

Goalkeepers - Cech, Turnbull, Hillario.

Defenders - Bosingwa, Ferriera, Alex, Terry, Mancienne, Ivanovic.

Midfielders - J.Cole, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Ballack, Malouda, Sinclair, Stoch, Katuka, Zhirkov

Strikers - Drogba, Anelka, Di Santo, Tevez.

Not a very good defence!!! Would Ferriera play left back? How much would we get for Ashley Cole and who's he going to? ;)

Not going into much details but here is my starting 11

Cech

Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Cole

Cole, Lampard, Essien, Malouda

Drogba Anelka

I doubt Chelsea will make a move for anyone significant this year and if this squad can work together + stay healthy, then I have no problem at all.

Edited by Tech9C

Goalkeepers - we already have Cech, who is the world's best goalkeeper. However, I've felt he hasn't been as consistent since Cudicini left, leaving me to assume he isn't being pushed enough by another competitive goalkeeper in training. A young goalkeeper should be brought in for both the future and as cover; Hilario is a great reserve, but he isn't Chelsea first-team standard, and we need to bring in a confident, established young goalkeeper who can fill the void, like Assman, Hart or Neuer.

Defenders - the one area of the pitch that needs no cover at all, in my view. At right-back we have both Bosingwa and Ferreira, and they can also cover the left-back position of Ashley Cole if needs be. We also have Ryan Bertrand who can play there, and Michael Mancienne can play in either position. At centre-half we have Alex and Terry, and Ivanovic as cover. Mancienne is a centre-back by trade, and we also have Essien who can fill in during emergencies, as well as Belletti who strictly speaking is a full-back.

Midfielders - again, this is an area that needs little or no change. With Joe Cole back to full fitness, we will have two out-and-out wingers in he and Malouda, and Kalou, Stoch and even Anelka can also play out in wide positions. Essien and Belletti have also played out wide when needed, so we have plenty of cover there. Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Belletti and Mikel make up the central midfield positions, and its likely Jack Cork may be called up following strong performances at Championship level. The only real cover we need is that of another winger, in my opinion, and Zhirkov would best fit that bill as he can also operate at left-back. Of course, the cover we currently have may not be entirely adequate but we do have that cover available if injuries become plentiful.

Strikers - with Anelka and Drogba finishing the campaign in fine form playing together, it would appear we have found a winning partnership up front. However, both strikers are on the wrong side of 30 and whilst we have di Santo and Kalou who are both young forwards, Kalou's form is spasmodic at best and di Santo is relatively unproven against Premier League opposition. We need a striker who is either proven in the Premier League or at least have the experience of playing regularly in a top European league, such as Tevez and/or Aguero. Then we need to bring in someone like Daniel Sturridge, a young striker, preferably English so we can include them in the "home-grown quota," and therefore include more players in the European squads and so on. Let's not forgot Shevchenko and/or Pizarro may be returning, and Pizarro himself has been in good form for Werder.

In conclusion, I believe we need:

• 1 goalkeeper with first-division experience, preferably someone young and competitive who can challenge Cech for the starting position, ie. Hart or Assman.
  • 1 winger/wing-back again with experience of playing at the top level, who is similar to Belletti in the way they can play either in a wing position or a full-back position, ie Zhirkov.
  • 2 strikers with European experience; preferably one established first-team regular and the other a younger play who can be grown into a potential star, ie. Tevez/Aguero and Sturridge.

In conclusion, I believe we need:

• 1 goalkeeper with first-division experience, preferably someone young and competitive who can challenge Cech for the starting position, ie. Hart or Assman.
  • 1 winger/wing-back again with experience of playing at the top level, who is similar to Belletti in the way they can play either in a wing position or a full-back position, ie Zhirkov.
  • 2 strikers with European experience; preferably one established first-team regular and the other a younger play who can be grown into a potential star, ie. Tevez/Aguero and Sturridge.

I agree 100% I would just prefer some more cover in midfield, someone who can replace Deco and cover for Ballack who is aging a bit and Mikel and Essien, you pretty much have that with belletti but i would let him go and bring in someone like Van Der Vaart. Would have loved Gourcuff but we were too slow.

This would be my team...

Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Ashley Cole, Ivanovic, Mancienne, Paulo Ferreira

Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Malouda, Joe Cole, Ballack, Stoch, Sinclair, Mellis, Källström, Robben

Drogba, Anelka, Aguero, Tevez

Edited by CJ Revo

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You