Pato signs for Corinthians

the wes

Yes, there is plenty wrong with that. What would happen to Sturridge? He can not/should not play on the RW anymore. It would be best to buy Hulk or another RW who can play as a striker rather than buying both a Striker AND a RW.

How many solid right-wingers can also play as a striker and actually seem interested in a move to Chelsea, apart from Hulk.

Schurrle doesn't look ready for the step-up...Jovetic is still learning...Moses is a work in progress..

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many solid right-wingers can also play as a striker and actually seem interested in a move to Chelsea, apart from Hulk.

Schurrle doesn't look ready for the step-up...Jovetic is still learning...Moses is a work in progress..

Well I'm coming around to the idea of just buying Hulk for the £38 million price. However, whether the club does it or not I'll support them.

Not sure why everyone is so fixated with the ready-made players for us, usually when we sign them from a club they've 'made it' at, we play them out of position or don't massage their ego's in the right way.

What happened to the days of 04/05 when we signed young hungry players! Yes they were known but question marks were asked of some of them, did they work out? Yup! did some not work out? They did not however the majority did and everyone did their best to play their part which is why I think Moses would be a better buy than most we're being linked with.

Well I agree in some aspects, but we were a different team 7/8 years ago. I think Hazard especially is still young and hungry, just a different calibre of player. When we signed young players around 03/04/05, we were not at the top level of football. We're now European Champions, and to stay at the top level, you have to have top players, which we're now able to attract.

It is crazy and such a shame because Pato has the natural ability to become one of the best players in the world but his injuries have made his career a nightmare! It could be a complete waste of 20 million or so to buy a player who has suffered from 14 injuries in 2 years. If your willing to do that then surely paying double that amount for say Cavani who isn't injury prone would be more of a beneficial deal, no?

No because I'd rather pay 20 million than 40 million, I think you've got to look for the better deals. Injury prone or not Pato is still amazing, in fact if he wasn't so injury prone we wouldn't be speaking about Cavani.

No because I'd rather pay 20 million than 40 million, I think you've got to look for the better deals. Injury prone or not Pato is still amazing, in fact if he wasn't so injury prone we wouldn't be speaking about Cavani.

I totally agree that Pato is still an amazing player and i have been a huge fan of his for a long time but having said that there isn't much logic in buying a player who suffers from 14 injuries in 2 years.

Ahh I still remember Robben, guy spent more time injured than available and it had a negative effect on the team.

Pato is a great player, but with Torres, Lukaka and Sturridge playing for that one spot up front I'd consider it a waste of money (think of the £100k a week wages).

Far Breyer options out there, and we still need a RW!!

• 4 months later...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/10/27/chelsea-to-launch-bid-for-ac-milan-forward-alexandre-pato-as-blues-continue-striker-search/

Mr. Pato is being linked with us again. I'm one Pato's largest fans but his recurring thigh problems are a huge worry. Maybe it's the fault of the Milan Labs, maybe it's the fault of the managment playing him through injuries or maybe he is just naturally prone to injuries. But when he is fit and on his game, he is a match changer and a game winner.

But when it's all said an done, I'd rather have Pato injured and not scoring than Torres fit and not scoring. At least I'd have the hope that Pato will one day grow past his injuries; I'm all out of hope for Torres.

Pato is great striker when fit, very fast and his brazil dribbling and speed could beat any english defence, but as said, he is injury prone and he also lacks fitness right now.

I know its ridiculous, but if we would get him for 15-18mio, considering his injury problems, I would take him, but he is definately not worth more money due to risk. Rossi was also worth 30mio, but now with his injury problems, he is worth 15.

No thanks. I am a big fan and still think this goal against Barca last year was one of the most BEASTLY play I've ever seen. But he's too injury prone and we're not desperate enough to be taking chances on him. I'll loan him, but not buying.

Always liked Pato since the first I saw him play for Internacionale in the CWC, really too bad hes so injury prone. Injuries really stalled his career, if he was fit 90% of the season he wouldve been one of the best for sure.

I'd honestly take Torres ahead of Pato at the moment - players like him are a huge risk. We have all seen Kaka post injury failing to break into Real's first eleven - same would happen to Pato his physical traits have been severely hampered by his recurring injuries.

• 2 months later...

Really feel for him, injuries blighted his enormous potential. Still, Corinthians are getting a player who without injuries can be a world beater for around 12 million. Maybe there medical team will do better for him. Putting that all in perspective its quite strange, but understandable I guess, how we've always gone after and injury prone Pato for around 30 mill and haven't seemed to of enquired for the same package at 10-12million.