Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea

James

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Mr 8 PL career goals? Neither broja nor Jackson can finish they are both ass

He played for a dire Southampton side and has even played twenty league games for us. Not to mention, he's only 22 to boot.

I never once said either were good enough long-term (been calling out Osimhen's name before he even moved to Lille), but Broja is the lesser of the two evils and has a presence. Tbh, it's beyond draining going on about the CF position at this point.

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Man U despite their rough patch sit 3 behind City. And 3 from 4th! Id rather have their crisis! We're 11 from 4...and no chance of breaking back i

Look at their CL position in one of the easiest groups. People can pick and choose what to look at.

Edited by LAM09

50 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It was like they were all on beta blockers

I think not being used to play on midweek and the sort of game we had vs Brighton may have played a part. Actually, Poch admitted as much in his post match. If indeed poor conditioning and mental preparation was too at fault, Major blame goes to Poch and his staff.  These guys are mostly in their physical prime and should be fitness beasts. Our old guard from 2008 on mostly in their 30ies consistently soldiered through 60 game seasons without any such lacklustre performances 

Edited by Magic Lamps

No I don't want Poch to leave

Because these clowns in the admin are going to bring in another Lampard or Potter as coach 

To everyone who was was whooping in joy at how we mass cleared out half our squad, leaving us with near 0 experience in central midfield. Great. This is exactly what we have.

A reduced wage bill, and near 0 game management experience.

This is why we are struggling and will continue to struggle for the rest of the season.

Some good matches and performances here and there, but also accompanied by a series of terrible results.

Perfectly fine for midtable. But not enough for Europe.

Edited by Blue Armour

Scary part is we arent 6 or 8th but consistency wise even worse. Top 4 is a dream, this isnt odd season like under Mou, where we bounce back. This is actual level of our club. Midtable. Chelsea is big only by name. Even Pool or United or Arse didnt have it this bad during their shit periods. Its alarming and I dont know how are people not freaking. This board fucked up the club. 

Even If and thats a big IF we somehow gain consistency, quality, experience in Enzo, James, Palmer or whoever else, raising our game;  they will fuck off sooner than we can actualy get any title or trophy. 

We desperately need better GK, CB, experienced CM and class striker, which to say after splashing billion is fucking ridiculous. Not to mention better health staff because half of our team is constantly injured. 

Yet I am a fan for a very long time and still hope and look for the progress even in this shit team. 

Ktbffh

4 hours ago, Chuckso said:

Yet Eddie Howe used an even younger and greener team to outplay yours. 

That's just not true.

Avg age of Newcastle squad - 26.9 ( 3rd oldest squad in the league)

Avge age of Chelsea squad - 23.8 (youngest in the PL)

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.us/premier-league/altersschnitt/wettbewerb/GB1

We have the youngest PL squad, and one of the cheapest, and the bozos in charge have fooled our fans into thinking the team are some sort of world beaters.

Absolute farce.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Poch comments are worrying - "The players gave everything"

You're having me on? I haven't had time to watch his post match interviews yet. 

He's kind of fucked either way... if he roasts them publicly, they will turn on him but if he backs them the fans will turn on him. 

8 hours ago, Azpinator said:

If you think about it, we could have been in the same boat had we not bottled the games against Villa, Bournemouth and Brentford.

True but we did and have lost more games then we've won...tbf our table position isn't a case of bad luck its where we should be playing how we are.

Agreed. Chelsea's abject performance baffles me. Just about everyone was dreadful. Passing inaccuracy, lack of tackling, players disappearing throughout the match. This was Newcastle revisited. Jackson and Broja couldn't hit a barn door between them and proved it once again. I am not sure how long Poch will last. We need to see obvious improvements soon. Players are poor despite their grossly overinflated prices. 

It's not JUST about the players. The manager has to take some responsibility. Let's face it........football in general is going through a very poor phase at the moment with VAR and a rack of sub standard vastly overpaid premier league players who have little identity. Oh for the days of yesteryear with the great players Chelsea had 10 years ago. Even the team of 2021 which won the champions league were below par but better than the current lot. It's not just a CFC problem.......but an issue for most clubs. Yes...you have the odd outstanding players such as Salah and the blonde bombshell at Man City. But that's just about it. Arsenal and Villa are playing some great soccer but who are the stars !! As for playing it from the back.....who came up with that idea. It's a disaster. Huge number of goals are now being give away.   

36 minutes ago, Jonty said:

It's not JUST about the players. The manager has to take some responsibility. Let's face it........football in general is going through a very poor phase at the moment with VAR and a rack of sub standard vastly overpaid premier league players who have little identity. Oh for the days of yesteryear with the great players Chelsea had 10 years ago. Even the team of 2021 which won the champions league were below par but better than the current lot. It's not just a CFC problem.......but an issue for most clubs. Yes...you have the odd outstanding players such as Salah and the blonde bombshell at Man City. But that's just about it. Arsenal and Villa are playing some great soccer but who are the stars !! As for playing it from the back.....who came up with that idea. It's a disaster. Huge number of goals are now being give away.   

You had drawn me in, then you said soccer 😭

11 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

That's just not true.

Avg age of Newcastle squad - 26.9 ( 3rd oldest squad in the league)

Avge age of Chelsea squad - 23.8 (youngest in the PL)

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.us/premier-league/altersschnitt/wettbewerb/GB1

We have the youngest PL squad, and one of the cheapest, and the bozos in charge have fooled our fans into thinking the team are some sort of world beaters.

Absolute farce.

I was actually referring to reports where they used an injury ravaged team and had to use kids including our own Lewis Hall to dominate their opponent. To be fair when I did further research it was only the games of Newcastle vs ManU and us that cites using an injury ravaged team but when I went through the lineups it was still an experienced team like the one you referenced.

However the point stands - which is you can use a young team to play well, be successful and win things IMMEDIATELY. Alex Ferguson’s 1996 team comes to mind. Honorable mention to Monaco’s 16/17 team. 

The talent in this squad is not a (deservedly) 11th place team and it is easy to perform a thought experiment to prove the case - know and watch earlier versions of our players and know what level they can play at. If you can look at the players in the teams above us and WILL substitute our player (playing at their potential) for the equivalent position player in theirs, this means our manager can be argued to be doing a relatively good job in comparison to other managers. If you would prefer OUR player, then simply it's on our manager. He is wasting the talent. 

Edited by Chuckso

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

He played for a dire Southampton side and has even played twenty league games for us. Not to mention, he's only 22 to boot.

I never once said either were good enough long-term (been calling out Osimhen's name before he even moved to Lille), but Broja is the lesser of the two evils and has a presence. Tbh, it's beyond draining going on about the CF position at this point.

Look at their CL position in one of the easiest groups. People can pick and choose what to look at.

True but then again we'd probably be the same position  in that group..

Tbf they have lost the same amount of us but have drawn 0 so that's the 8 point gap.