Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa

James

36 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I still don’t get Poch’s comments saying about the full backs being high and confusing the attacking players. At Southampton and Spurs these were huge parts of his team. 

Mudryk is perma-confused chasing the ball after his poor first touch.

Maatsen is a great idea... let's get another aspiring footballer to play against professional footballers...what can go wrong? even better another 21yo fucking nobody who refuses to sign a contract.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Couldn’t think of anything worse than Mudryk starting regularly. 

boy we've been sooooo patient with him... we all see the bad touches don't we? it's not like he can hide it. And yet we just hope he will turn a corner at some point.

Edited by robsblubot

51 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He has no continuity and game sense due to not playing. 

Let him play through it. There is a player there. Lets be honest, he should have had two assists on the weekend, if not for our terrible finishing. There is plenty bad bits to his game, but I think they dissipate with more consistent play time. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its either Mudryk or more of Chilwell being asked to play as a LW. 

Don't see Maatsen getting much game time as he's probably just waiting for City to put in a bid for him. 

50 minutes ago, Thor said:

He has no continuity and game sense due to not playing. 

Let him play through it. There is a player there. Lets be honest, he should have had two assists on the weekend, if not for our terrible finishing. There is plenty bad bits to his game, but I think they dissipate with more consistent play time. 

I hope your joking. Painful enough watching him as it is never mind for a prolonged period. He’s had ample chances but cannot seem to do the basics or have a fundamental understanding of the game - if he can’t do them/doesn’t know that now, he never will.

@Reddish-Blue Maatsen? City? Eh? I somehow severely doubt that. When have City ever bought Chelsea 3/4th choice players? Considering the success they've had with hybrid fullbacks such as Zinchenk, Ake & now even Gvardiol, I would be incredibly incredibly shocked if there were any truth to those links 😂

I mean one season in the championship and City want him…. sure but lets freak out if he does go because he is that good. Good enough for City but not good enough to displace Chilly? 

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I hope your joking. Painful enough watching him as it is never mind for a prolonged period. He’s had ample chances but cannot seem to do the basics or have a fundamental understanding of the game - if he can’t do them/doesn’t know that now, he never will.

@Reddish-Blue Maatsen? City? Eh? I somehow severely doubt that. When have City ever bought Chelsea 3/4th choice players? Considering the success they've had with hybrid fullbacks such as Zinchenk, Ake & now even Gvardiol, I would be incredibly incredibly shocked if there were any truth to those links 😂

I mean one season in the championship and City want him…. sure but lets freak out if he does go because he is that good. Good enough for City but not good enough to displace Chilly? 

Wouldn't be the worst buy for City, especially if he comes in on a minimal fee (as his contract is set to expire and apparently he is reluctant to sign a new deal at Chelsea).  He could ride the bench and be a squad player for them just like Kalvin Phillips and whoever else they have these days. 

Having seen a bit of him at Burnley, he's got the raw attributes of a player that would do well under Pep's coaching.  

I'd be surprised if Maatsen is still here after the January window, same probably goes for Chalobah (as the club would look to cash in and get some profit on the board to balance the summer expenditure)

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Wouldn't be the worst buy for City, especially if he comes in on a minimal fee (as his contract is set to expire and apparently he is reluctant to sign a new deal at Chelsea).  He could ride the bench and be a squad player for them just like Kalvin Phillips and whoever else they have these days. 

Having seen a bit of him at Burnley, he's got the raw attributes of a player that would do well under Pep's coaching.  

I'd be surprised if Maatsen is still here after the January window, same probably goes for Chalobah (as the club would look to cash in and get some profit on the board to balance the summer expenditure)

City were looking for a LB in the window too. Were looking at Balde from Barca and also Cucurella if the conditions were favorable. But if they really did want Maatsen, they could have put in a bid. The money was reasonable. Looks like his options will be in the Burnley-West Ham range

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Its either Mudryk or more of Chilwell being asked to play as a LW. 

Don't see Maatsen getting much game time as he's probably just waiting for City to put in a bid for him. 

Sterling on the left and Cole Palmer on the right

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

They are better team not only on the pitch but on paper as well. Expecting win here is extremely unrealistic. 

Sanchez < Martinez

Gusto > Cash

Disasi/Colwill > Konsa

Silva > Torres

Chilwell > Digne

Caicedo > Kamara

Enzo > Luiz

Gallagher < McGinn

Sterling > Bailey

Mudryk < Diaby

Jackson < Watkins

I have it 7 - 4 Chelsea on paper unless you disagree with any of that. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Sanchez < Martinez

Gusto > Cash

Disasi/Colwill > Konsa

Silva > Torres

Chilwell > Digne

Caicedo > Kamara

Enzo > Luiz

Gallagher < McGinn

Sterling > Bailey

Mudryk < Diaby

Jackson < Watkins

I have it 7 - 4 Chelsea on paper unless you disagree with any of that. 

The problem is they run down the pitch to score goals. We walk the ball down the pitch, stand in a big rectangle, and kick the ball around.

12 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The problem is they run down the pitch to score goals. We walk the ball down the pitch, stand in a big rectangle, and kick the ball around.

I mean Silva really is taking on the Jorginho role with Enzo so further up. 

20 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

AV currently playing in Poland with many from starting 11. 6 players that started against Palace are playing now. 

Hard to grasp how abysmal they must be playing to be hanging at 2:2 with Polish team. Our league exist mainly to supply content for out of context football compilations. If they will proceed to plow through us, it means we are done.

Edited by Vegetable

20 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Hard to grasp how abysmal they must be playing to be hanging at 2:2 with Polish team. Our league exist mainly to supply content for out of context football compilations. If they will proceed to plow through us, it means we are done.

Losing 3:2 now. 3 more players from first 11 in early in the second half. I think we may get a point on Sunday 💪