Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa

James

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

who is that?

Carney Chukwuemeka is not a winger (anymore than Chilwell is), he is a combo CMF/AMF

heh I don't think 19yo have a position nailed down yet.

Fair enough, but he was playing on the wing when he played well. I thought he was pretty shitty against Liverpool when he played as a CAM.
Perhaps he will become a good winger yet.

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

heh I don't think 19yo have a position nailed down yet.

Fair enough, but he was playing on the wing when he played well. I thought he was pretty shitty against Liverpool when he played as a CAM.
Perhaps he will become a good winger yet.

I do not see him as a winger at all atm, but perhaps he changes my mind

maybe we can call him a potential LMF/Inside Left

edc9f28452f06cf6fa54963cdd48cf46.png

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I do not see him as a winger at all atm, but perhaps he changes my mind

maybe we can call him a potential LMF/Inside Left

edc9f28452f06cf6fa54963cdd48cf46.png

heh I liked what I saw of him in the wing, but yeah let's see. I just like wingers who can play in tight spaces esp at big clubs and he seemed to be able to do that. There is the injury now, so that's an unwanted variable in the mix.
19yo, esp the ones playing with the senior team in a strong league for the first time are literally finding themselves as footballers. They will find where they are most effective, or (the good) managers will help them find that.

Would be a nice stat to dig up, but I suspect a lot of these young players don't really stick to the same position they played in the youth team. I think switching positions is quite common, and I've seen extreme cases too: like a youth CB turning striker or the other way around.

Granted at 19yo they already have a better idea about where they like to play, but often physical development itself dictates position change; e.g. loss of pace or acceleration, gain of mass, etc.

I'd like to see the following:

GK

Gusto -------- Disasi ----------------- Colwill ---------- Maasten 

Caceido ----------------- Enzo

Conor

Sterling----------------   Jackson -------------------- Mudryk

I really think Mudryk needs someone to link up with on the left hand side and someone who will drive forward. He was pretty stranded with Levi not pushing until later in the game. Enzo not so far forward if we are playing Conor. 

52 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I will not expect winning, until I see winning. I am not trying to be pessimistic, but this squad really needs to show me they can win, before I expect it.

It's funny seeing the reactions of some players when the fans have the audacity to boo their horrid performances. 

8 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's funny seeing the reactions of some players when the fans have the audacity to boo their horrid performances. 

Tbh, these players are mostly kids. Of course they can't handle it well. Hopefully Poch will tell them to just get on with it.

Kinda makes me laugh that the players don't know the player properly in Thier every direction, sterling for example doesn't know the player behind gusto the player to his left Jackson, or Caicedo, same with Jackson, with sterling mudryk Conner or Enzo behind, they don't know each others game, takes ages to figure out and yet!! We are expected to play free flowing attacking football. 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12535507/Chelseas-injury-issues-uncovered-Trevoh-Chalobahs-personal-trainer-reason-leaked-messages-deleted.html

Chelsea star Trevoh Chalobah's personal trainer reveals the 'absolute MESS' he says is causing their injury crisis with Mauricio Pochettino left to work with a threadbare squad

75593879-12535507-image-m-22_16951265882

At the moment, only authority saves Pochettino   from more serious criticism.
If we don't improve our game and our results soon , the fans will turn against him right here, if we don't win.
It is clear that there are many injuries, but the coach must show flexibility with what he has and come up with a  different way from what we offer in the first 5 matches. 1 win out of 5 games against Luton who will hardly have many points this season is not  serious .

And this was considered an easy program .

Edited by milka

Just want to see, finally poch drop 3 at the back, and put actual LB on the left.

Changing to 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or any other tweak in our formation doesn't guarantee immediate improvement,

but by keep insisting colwill to play as our leftback, make our left side poorly in supporting attack and make enzo playing like isolated player in advanced position, just asking for the same problem from the last match.

52 minutes ago, dimmas said:

Just want to see, finally poch drop 3 at the back, and put actual LB on the left.

Changing to 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or any other tweak in our formation doesn't guarantee immediate improvement,

but by keep insisting colwill to play as our leftback, make our left side poorly in supporting attack and make enzo playing like isolated player in advanced position, just asking for the same problem from the last match.

This. Play Chilly at LB. We have the DMs to cover the space left behind by Gusto/Chilly going forward. Would help the area of the pitch we need to improve - the attack. At the moment there is no plan once we reach the attacking areas

28 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I still don’t get Poch’s comments saying about the full backs being high and confusing the attacking players. At Southampton and Spurs these were huge parts of his team. 

Get Maatsen and Mudryk together on the left. Let them create.