25. Moisés Caicedo

James

When I watched the game live on tv it seems to me that Caicedo challenge was just yellow. When I watched replay after the game I am not so sure, he is very lucky he didn't get red.

What is wrong with him always doing this reckless/stupid challenges, and playing on the verge of red card every game?

We need to cut our losses and sell him and mudryk. They are inherently untalented and don’t really have scope for improvement.

It’s unacceptable to have 2 midfielders (caicedo and gallagher) who are technically poor. No top european teams are lining up with donkeys in the middle of the park 

On 05/02/2024 at 05:32, OneMoSalah said:

Awful. Paid £100m too much.

Anyone defending him needs to stop watching football.

There are no excuses to be so sloppy as a professional midfielder in possession. Under pressure, under no pressure. How many braindead fouls does he concede also?

100% biggest flop of the season not just in the PL but probably the whole of Europe.

Liverpool are laughing! Then again Klopp probably wouldn't have him playing like this...

I think as some others mentioned he might be better as B2b. He is not like Maka. 

Likewise when we had Kante he was wasted as DM, he was better as a bomber. 

I wonder if Lavia fit, that might work better in the mid? 

27 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think as some others mentioned he might be better as B2b. He is not like Maka. 

Isn't Lavia also B2b? 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

That's hard to believe considering how little his contribution up front has been. Like I don't really see evidence he's capable of doing that right now. He's a good disrupter, a *ball-winning mid* and that's about it.

I hope Lavia adds a new dimension to our midfield otherwise we are fucked.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

MacAllister also isn't a DM, and yet he's played there and doesn't look out of place. He played all over in midfield for Liverpool and Klopp has managed him perfectly. 

yep. MacAllister is a good passer and a good player. He's also more experienced.
We still hope Caicedo improves, but I prefer players of McAllister mould, personally.

Edited by robsblubot

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last couple weeks there has been an improvement in his game. His passing is more progressive even bagged himself an assist on a recent Jackson goal. He was never a 100m player however he’s growing now that the team looks like it’s finally starting to gel.

2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Over the last couple weeks there has been an improvement in his game. His passing is more progressive even bagged himself an assist on a recent Jackson goal. He was never a 100m player however he’s growing now that the team looks like it’s finally starting to gel.

Should of had another assist today, however Sterling messed up the shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely diabolical. He has to be sold for peanuts. We won’t achieve anything with this turd of a footballer in midfield. Shouldn’t make another appearance for the club 

10 hours ago, lucio said:

Absolutely diabolical. He has to be sold for peanuts. We won’t achieve anything with this turd of a footballer in midfield. Shouldn’t make another appearance for the club 

He really is. I honestly cannot see what he does well apart from being a scrappy ball winner - with a lot of his ball wining being required because he has either caused issues with ball transition or has been caught out of position.

On 24/03/2024 at 00:13, Tomo said:

He is an OK passer. It honestly does not look like it's something he will ever excel at.
He also hasn't been nearly consistent enough at that. He had what? 3-4 absolute stinkers since joining, which were all caused by poor passing.

We can be optimistic and consider it's his first season, and that he's young, but it's just too many passing mistakes to be "fine" with it.

Gallagher 5 goals (all in last 50 days) plus lots of assists and Enzo 7 goals this season can offer a lot in the final third. But they need protection from DM which Caicedo is not. He would probably already lose starting position but others are injured. I think Lavia is the guy. So next season I expect:

Lavia 

Gallagher      Enzo