25. Moisés Caicedo

James

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Gallagher 5 goals (all in last 50 days) plus lots of assists and Enzo 7 goals this season can offer a lot in the final third. But they need protection from DM which Caicedo is not. He would probably already lose starting position but others are injured. I think Lavia is the guy. So next season I expect:

Lavia 

Gallagher      Enzo 

should be upgrading gallagher if possible too

He was not even half bad until his mistake yesterday but now his confidence is probably shattered and he will be anonymous at best for the next 10 games again.

Was never a fan of his, hated us signing him and unfortunately was proven right. Overall he is just a an absolute train wreck  of a footballer. His potential is average at best. One of the worst midfielder we have ever had playing consistently. I was wondering if maybe Antony was in a similar category of flop but I guess we saw the answer yesterday. Caicedo is clear. 

• 2 weeks later...

Credit where credit is due, the first match I've watched Moises and thought he looked like the Brighton player we bought, albeit against a terrible Everton side, I thought we'd get bullied in midfield.

12 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Credit where credit is due, the first match I've watched Moises and thought he looked like the Brighton player we bought, albeit against a terrible Everton side, I thought we'd get bullied in midfield.

I read this differently: it is worrying that it took this level of opposition for Caicedo to "resemble" the player thought we signed. Take a peek at Everton mids... a player of Caicedo's quality (regardless of how one rates him) should definitely give us an edge against that midfield. Conor did pretty well too.

Still, the game was pretty disputed until Cole started nut megging players. That can be disheartening to players trying to be physical and winning 50/50s like they did early on.

55 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I read this differently: it is worrying that it took this level of opposition for Caicedo to "resemble" the player thought we signed. Take a peek at Everton mids... a player of Caicedo's quality (regardless of how one rates him) should definitely give us an edge against that midfield. Conor did pretty well too.

Still, the game was pretty disputed until Cole started nut megging players. That can be disheartening to players trying to be physical and winning 50/50s like they did early on.

Price tag aside, I rate Everton's midfield Vs Moises. I've been pretty open that I think Moises is one of the most disappointing signings, however, partly blame the system. Hopefully it gives him some confidence in the final run-in.

Caicedo in time will get better. Again I saw stats comparing him with Rice and they are similar despite the latter actually playing in his natural position. 

It's Enzo I am worried about as I don't see a fit for him unless we play a 433. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Caicedo in time will get better. Again I saw stats comparing him with Rice and they are similar despite the latter actually playing in his natural position. 

It's Enzo I am worried about as I don't see a fit for him unless we play a 433. 

Enzo is more than capable of being in the double pivot with Moi. The issues the pair have had are pretty obvious to me and are ignored by media and even some of our own because of their transfer fees.

Firstly, Enzo was our best player last season playing deep and he has done it internationally and in Portugal and Argentina's respective leagues and secondly, the rumours of him not being okay this term are overstated. Figure in that Lavia was bought primarily to help cover for our two overworked and over travelled South American mids and has never been around for them TO rest.

Enzo had had no break from playing for two years when he arrived and surely had none since he got here and has been carrying that hernia for months too. Caicedo has had similar issues and importantly isn't used under pressure to break the press as he was at Brighton. Enzo was moved around different roles by Poch while Moi has been used to just destroy which is not him.

In short neither have been truly fresh or fit, neither rested nor often played in their best roles. Moses has been hammered by the media this term very unfairly when you consider the madness around him yet has good player partnerships with Palmer and Gusto as.the most settled area with the ball in our team. 

Give both of them a more consistent role with players they know better next term and, provided they get rest things can only improve imho.

47 minutes ago, mastiffchild said:

Enzo is more than capable of being in the double pivot with Moi. The issues the pair have had are pretty obvious to me and are ignored by media and even some of our own because of their transfer fees.

Firstly, Enzo was our best player last season playing deep and he has done it internationally and in Portugal and Argentina's respective leagues and secondly, the rumours of him not being okay this term are overstated. Figure in that Lavia was bought primarily to help cover for our two overworked and over travelled South American mids and has never been around for them TO rest.

Enzo had had no break from playing for two years when he arrived and surely had none since he got here and has been carrying that hernia for months too. Caicedo has had similar issues and importantly isn't used under pressure to break the press as he was at Brighton. Enzo was moved around different roles by Poch while Moi has been used to just destroy which is not him.

In short neither have been truly fresh or fit, neither rested nor often played in their best roles. Moses has been hammered by the media this term very unfairly when you consider the madness around him yet has good player partnerships with Palmer and Gusto as.the most settled area with the ball in our team. 

Give both of them a more consistent role with players they know better next term and, provided they get rest things can only improve imho.

Enzo's hernia situation could also be a factor.