25. Moisés Caicedo

James

13 hours ago, Strike said:

As bad as he looked last night, he was outnumbered in midfield. 

I don’t get this outnumbered thing.

manure and us both played 4231

we had Enzo caicedo double pivot and Mudryk/Palmer as no 10

they had mctominay amra DP and penandes no 10

caicedo is just poor no matter which formation.

City have rodri, arse have rice, manure have mct. None of them cost remotely what caicedo did.  iMposing midfielders, taking responsibility, scoring important goals. Even endo and Douglas Luis are performing way better than Caicedo. Dude is just washed already at 22. Tons of money down the drain just like Cucurella, Mudryk, madueke, and all these other stupid signings from our daft board. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

City have rodri, arse have rice, manure have mct. None of them cost remotely what caicedo did.  iMposing midfielders, taking responsibility, scoring important goals. Even endo and Douglas Luis are performing way better than Caicedo. Dude is just washed already at 22. Tons of money down the drain just like Cucurella, Mudryk, madueke, and all these other stupid signings from our daft board. 

Paul Winstanley and the other bozo have alot to answer for. 

Their recruitment has been piss poor.

The only player who looks like an actual top talent is Badiashile and Enzo (despite his recent form). The rest are dogshit. 

On 07/12/2023 at 15:52, robsblubot said:

Sure but it is what it is. The club for whatever strange reason decided to go for all these young players and all at once -- spending a lot in the process. I don't understand the reasoning, unless it's not a footballing reason.

I just can't act surprised about something I said very early in the Chelsea Transfer channel, which tbh was quite obvious to me. That these players current ability was below our immediate needs. 🤷‍♂️

Honestly felt like the board was just loading up a new save in football manager and signing every 4 and 5 star wonderkid hoping that they would pan out in 5 years time. 

I actually like Caicedo as a player but that 70-ish million that Arsenal offered to Brighton was overpayment back then and then they somehow laughed their way to the bank as we blindly offered 110+ million for him.  

For 200 million, we could have had a top midfield with experience...but in our case, we have 2 youngsters that will probably get agitated and depart once they actually hit their prime (Enzo won't be short on offers if he lives up to his potential). 

3 hours ago, DDA said:

Paul Winstanley and the other bozo have alot to answer for. 

Their recruitment has been piss poor.

The only player who looks like an actual top talent is Badiashile and Enzo (despite his recent form). The rest are dogshit. 

Wasn't there a post from the Brighton forum where they absolutely loved the fact that they were able to offload Winstanley or the other guy from their scouting/transfers team? 

That speaks volumes about the new ownership at Chelsea.  Roman used to have Piet De Vissier as his senior consultant (i.e. the guy who brought Ronaldo to PSV, found De Bruyne, Courtois and a number of other top talents over the years)...and now all we have is an ex-Spurs man as our head coach. 

6 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Wasn't there a post from the Brighton forum where they absolutely loved the fact that they were able to offload Winstanley or the other guy from their scouting/transfers team? 

That speaks volumes about the new ownership at Chelsea.  Roman used to have Piet De Vissier as his senior consultant (i.e. the guy who brought Ronaldo to PSV, found De Bruyne, Courtois and a number of other top talents over the years)...and now all we have is an ex-Spurs man as our head coach. 

What happened with that Michael Edwards guy we we're targeting.

Edited by TheHulk

On 07/12/2023 at 05:48, DDA said:

Not living up to even 50% of what we paid for him. Absolutely dogshit. 

Pull your fucking finger out or fuck off when Lavia is back.

Lavia may be worse. Not at all saying he bang on will be worse, but there is a decent chance.

12 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Honestly felt like the board was just loading up a new save in football manager and signing every 4 and 5 star wonderkid hoping that they would pan out in 5 years time. 

🤣 that'd explain so much... FM for billionaires!

17 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think the point is about the exact players you listed. They are both poor at defensive tasks; Palmer does not have the physique for that either, while Mudryk not the knowhow.

If we make an analogy with City, yes you can cite the one DM they employ, but I rather focus on what all the other players do when they defend. Point being that they defend in numbers, and that's, as I'm sure you know, always key. The moment you are outnumbered in areas in key areas of the pitch, it's trouble. The best teams manage to constantly outnumber the opposition: by having players capable of dribbling past players, and/or by strategy. However, even doing that by strategy demands certain characteristics, which I'm afraid isn't available in the squad right now.

During the match against United, it did look to me that we were outnumbered both in the middle and defense at times.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Let's all hope so!!!

I believe him and santos will turn out very well. The other Brazilian kid we are after too.

caicedo seems very slow and weak too for someone who needs to rely on his physicality over technical skills 

58 minutes ago, lucio said:

I believe him and santos will turn out very well. The other Brazilian kid we are after too.

caicedo seems very slow and weak too for someone who needs to rely on his physicality over technical skills 

We have so many midfielders, one is bound to stick can't all be shit.

5 hours ago, lucio said:

I hope for Santos that we break the loan in January and get him some game time somewhere else. 

Was touted as a proper talent coming out of Brazil (think he was the u-20 captain or something like that as well)...and now he's apparently wasting 6 months in the Forest reserves...

Wow, crazy - this forum reacting after a short amount of games and writing someone/the team off? 

We look far better with Caceido on the field than we do when he doesn't play.

Our team is a project filled with great players. City just got outplayed by Villa and had 2 shots on goal, both of which came in the 11th minute. Man United just lost 3-0 to Bournemouth. 

We have a shit game in a stretch of 7 or 8 where we had great improvement, and it comes against a team we haven't done well historically against recently, and while we were absolutely depleted for numbers. 

Enzo and Caceido both worth it on an individual aspect. Just need to click and find what works within the team. You don't just outplay the likes of Arsenal, City, Tottenham, etc by mistake. 

On 09/12/2023 at 21:38, Thor said:

We have a shit game in a stretch of 7 or 8 where we had great improvement, and it comes against a team we haven't done well historically against recently, and while we were absolutely depleted for numbers. 

Enzo and Caceido both worth it on an individual aspect. Just need to click and find what works within the team. You don't just outplay the likes of Arsenal, City, Tottenham, etc by mistake. 

But you don’t just disappear by mistake in games against a poor poor Man Utd side, against Everton, Newcastle, Brentford etc either then by that logic?

Great improvement? Where? Which aspects? The results improved but barring the bigger games where we have been more of a counter attacking side (bar v Spurs but our quality wasn’t great and we struggled to break them down at times until late on…), performance wise, playing style wise, its been very very poor.

On the two lads in MF - Enzo hasn’t played remotely near well enough this season and neither has Caicedo. The team’s best performances have been where we have been the underdogs and played counter attacking football so if your telling me we’ve spent £220m on two midfielders who between the two of them do not have the ability to influence a team that is going to have the majority of the ball then yes I can see why people would be upset. 

If you had said 12 months ago we would be saying Connor Gallagher has been our stand out midfielder this season, people would have laughed. But he has been. By a considerable distance. Fair play to him but the other two have been incredibly poor from what is to be expected. 

Edited by OneMoSalah