Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

We not gonna be selling club for sure. Why would we spent 220m pounds for Enzo and Caicedo. How can you sell them for profit? Idea is that players grow together. Plus you have quotes about Boehly wanting 100 points a season team. 

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Second strings usually.
About Palmer he was a substitute and Pep quite probably made a mistake.

Pep usually allows players to leave 

Many have left in last few years. I can remember only Bernardo and Walker being persuaded to stay. Rest like Gundogan, Ferran, Jesus, Zinchenko all left. Even Ake and few others were close to being sold 

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

Pep usually allows players to leave 

Many have left in last few years. I can remember only Bernardo and Walker being persuaded to stay. Rest like Gundogan, Ferran, Jesus, Zinchenko all left. Even Ake and few others were close to being sold 

Nobody transfer lists their cream players.
Only the poor houses.
With Rudiger it was a big contract issue.
With Hazard Roman's experts anticipated he did n't have many years infront of him (turned out he had zero years !).
The case of Kovacic intrigued me a little.

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Whoever walks through the door will be given the line "here are the players we are buying you, sort it"

Apparently the two clowns Winstanley and Stewart presented to Poch the big missed chances, well fuck me sideways you pair of cunts couldn't even get him a top striker.

Wankers

As if he was the player missing the chances

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

As if he was the player missing the chances

Everybody misses big chances. Including Maradona and Pele.
Those players who miss big chances all the time are those who don't have good sideways vision and lose confidence infront of goal.
Examples are Werner and Mudryk. Jackson also but a little better,
Only Diego (who also missed a few glaring chances in his time) was near perfect and Drog before him.
One who was real bad was Morata but managed to correct himself back in Spain.
Then some others like Aube, Higuain, Falcao, well -; those did not have the strengths needed to play for Chelsea.

I don't really know if a coach can correct this in a player. Maybe but I don't recall many cases.
Chance conversion is really a special talent.
You know who was the deadliest I 've known ?
Mitroglou (Olympiakos - Fulham - Benfica) !
Not much of a footballer but cool as an iceberg infront of goal.

Edited by cosmicway

5 hours ago, Mhsc said:

One cynical view might be that really all they want to achieve is to establish a series of "talent factories" that produce world class academy talent, selling them for huge profits, and buying young players to sell on for big profits in the future.

Yes, and not that cynical. That approach is endorsed by many clubs, especially in the Championship.  

I cite Bristol City, nice shiny PL standard stadium, ✔️ (makes the fans feel special), billionaire owner, ✔️, profitable from buying land and developing a 'sporting quarter', ✔️ profitable from selling any player that is PL material, (the list is phenomenal)  ✔️ quite happy to make a profit, and let the team wallow in mid table mediocrity✔️

So many owners dont care where the revenue comes from, and for some success is just another fucking headache they could do without - as that puts pressure on them. We were lucky to have 20 odd years where winning trophies was the owners be all and end all.

15 hours ago, Strike said:

Rest like Gundogan, Ferran, Jesus, Zinchenko all left. Even Ake and few others were close to being sold 

Ferran, Zinchenko can be easily replaced in the City machine.   They didn't really need G.Jesus either when you have Haaland and Alvarez up front.   

Gundogan is the only real loss for City & Pep. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes, and not that cynical. That approach is endorsed by many clubs, especially in the Championship.  

I cite Bristol City, nice shiny PL standard stadium, ✔️ (makes the fans feel special), billionaire owner, ✔️, profitable from buying land and developing a 'sporting quarter', ✔️ profitable from selling any player that is PL material, (the list is phenomenal)  ✔️ quite happy to make a profit, and let the team wallow in mid table mediocrity✔️

So many owners dont care where the revenue comes from, and for some success is just another fucking headache they could do without - as that puts pressure on them. We were lucky to have 20 odd years where winning trophies was the owners be all and end all.

I like the Bristol example. But it can get even worse. Look at HSV. One of the historic Bundesliga founding clubs. 6 times German champion, (legacy)Champions league winner 1983,  From wealthy Hamburg, Germanys 2nd largest City, bankrolled by Germany’s richest man KM Kühne (40bn in the bank), iconic 4 star stadium . All the ambition in the world and they have been playing 2nd tier division for years now. A similar case could be made for Schalke or Köln. The point is, even with money and ambition a club can get ruined by poor management. We ofc have the advantage of superior TV income and less restrictions (german clubs can not be fully owned by investors) but our owners are even more incompetent than the HSV and Schalke hierarchies who are at least experienced football ppl

Edited by Magic Lamps

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Ferran, Zinchenko can be easily replaced in the City machine.   They didn't really need G.Jesus either when you have Haaland and Alvarez up front.   

Gundogan is the only real loss for City & Pep. 

Prepared to sell Ake and sold Laporte, Mahrez as well. Even sold Pedro Porro and Lavia when they were young. I think they are quite liberal in selling even their good players if the player decides to go. Lucky for us that Shields got wind of Palmer wanting to leave. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Strike said:

Prepared to sell Ake and sold Laporte, Mahrez as well. Even sold Pedro Porro and Lavia when they were young. I think they are quite liberal in selling even their good players if the player decides to go. Lucky for us that Shields got wind of Palmer wanting to leave. 

Funny thing is I don’t think City have/will have missed any of them. Even Gundogan. They’re still on for a domestic double, a season after winning the treble. Many people thought they’d flaker off this season due to hangover from previous season/lack of motivation.

For me, Pep very rarely gets it wrong when it comes to selling players. Doesn’t mean they’re bad players but how many bar Ibra have really gone on and proved him wrong over a prolonged period? And even then, Pep & Barca still won much more than Ibra did in that time frame.

I mean Palmer could hypothetically do it (performance wise at least) but again, he is still young. The next seasons for him will be interesting as people will now expect what he did last season every season. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Fucking useless dog, hope it's the last time we hire a pathetic Tottenham loser addict. 

It was a mismatch of squad building & manager choice. Maybe originally when they appointed Poch they thought they were building a squad that would suit him, with Ugarte "locked in" and they ended up building something really not suited to him at all.

Of course if Poch was an elite coach he would have adapted, and found a way to get through the season without the shambles that we saw happening.

Manager choice so far is the owner & directors biggest failing. A bunch of uninspired hires that..turned out to be uninspiring.

Edited by Mhsc

Posted (edited)

Can see us having no Europe next season now. Not sure we're going to jump through the FFP hoops required for Conference League. 

Edited by King Kante