Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

I'd still like to understand how a club signs Fofana for any meaningful fee, and on top of that on a regular long-term deal.... 

insanity, as he was clearly damaged goods already at that point

I lost my fucking mind at the price and length of contract

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Cue us wanting Atalanta manager now. 

would love him here (he is a master at improving young players), BUT he is the opposite of a yes man

no way, at 66 years of age, that he will take shit from Bo-Clownlake

Gasperini is as far from a boot-licker that you can get

Edited by Vesper

We have a young team, with another old head gone in Thiago. 

The players loved Poch. You take away that semblance of continuity and it will impact a young team like this, especially Poch who was well liked by the players it seems. 

I'm not a genius or know what Poch was thinking, but, I think this high risk attacking football was to get the players to enjoy the football. They certainly did. 

I think the defensive solidarity was coming this next season with a few buys and more focus there, because our offence is firing on all cylinders now. 

Even Abramovich didn't have 5 managers in 3 seasons who was uncompromising, but he had ambitions and always corrected the mistakes he made with managers the next season, aiming for the best, that was the level in the club
these yankees will make the same mistake for a third season with a young coach where you do the same thing and expect a different result .The wrongers Winstanely , Stewart should to be sack they are  nowhere near Marina .

How you expect CL with Championship level managers this club is run by PR .

1 hour ago, milka said:

Even Abramovich didn't have 5 managers in 3 seasons who was uncompromising, but he had ambitions and always corrected the mistakes he made with managers the next season, aiming for the best, that was the level in the club
these yankees will make the same mistake for a third season with a young coach where you do the same thing and expect a different result .The wrongers Winstanely , Stewart should to be sack they are  nowhere near Marina .

How you expect CL with Championship level managers this club is run by PR .

Last year, after Lamps departed, we were hearing about some really big names who were candidates for the job.
Now ?
Also if as is rumored Pochettino asked for reinforcements and they said no and decided to leave what does that mean ?
Zero transfers ?

Biggest frustration at the moment is lack of understanding between owners and fans. Never was a fan of Poch, but now we again left completely in the dark. No clue there is it all heading for, feelings of another wasted season, like Potter one, are very high.

They need to understand it isn't a stop and shoot type sport like baseball. 

You can't just assemble talent and expect it to fit. Its a dynamic sport, where the manager needs input on types of players to fit the style. 

Won't get anywhere chopping and changing. No continuity. 

Whoever walks through the door will be given the line "here are the players we are buying you, sort it"

Apparently the two clowns Winstanley and Stewart presented to Poch the big missed chances, well fuck me sideways you pair of cunts couldn't even get him a top striker.

Wankers

47 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Whoever walks through the door will be given the line "here are the players we are buying you, sort it"

Apparently the two clowns Winstanley and Stewart presented to Poch the big missed chances, well fuck me sideways you pair of cunts couldn't even get him a top striker.

Wankers

cmon, don't believe every rumor and nonsense 'journalist' are reporting

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

would love him here (he is a master at improving young players), BUT he is the opposite of a yes man

'he is the opposite of a yes man', exactly, he is the type of manager who chased away one of his best players in the middle of the season for diasgreement, 

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Aye very risky appointment for that reason specifically. He has been given carte blanche there. Won’t get that here. Hence why we are going for Thomas Framk and the Leicester manager (couldn’t imagine either being a yes man). 

Posted (edited)

One cynical view might be that really all they want to achieve is to establish a series of "talent factories" that produce world class academy talent, selling them for huge profits, and buying young players to sell on for big profits in the future. Then the only priority with the manager is someone that wont argue and is good enough to take a talented bunch of kids into the top 4 regularly, and can grow the kids and play the sort of football that increases their value.

Could argue Poch has done that for Gallagher - he was basically Poch's perfect player, and now they'll sell him while his value is peaking. Then the new manager maybe will make some of our wingers look insane for the next year and they'll sell those off, and chop and change the manager again for whoever they think will boost the right players transfer values...

Cynical and probably mostly wrong, but it has crossed my mind...

Essentially the Tony Bloom approach but with way more cash and bigger risk / bigger reward if it goes well.

Edited by Mhsc

25 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

One cynical view might be that really all they want to achieve is to establish a series of "talent factories" that produce world class academy talent, selling them for huge profits, and buying young players to sell on for big profits in the future. Then the only priority with the manager is someone that wont argue and is good enough to take a talented bunch of kids into the top 4 regularly, and can grow the kids and play the sort of football that increases their value.

Could argue Poch has done that for Gallagher - he was basically Poch's perfect player, and now they'll sell him while his value is peaking. Then the new manager maybe will make some of our wingers look insane for the next year and they'll sell those off, and chop and change the manager again for whoever they think will boost the right players transfer values...

Essentially the Tony Bloom approach but with way more cash and bigger risk / bigger reward if it goes well.

Monstrous, to the point I find it difficult to believe.
It is anestablished fact that the teams who sell players sink to oblivion.
Some people pocket money but the teams sink.
Watch this:
Who is Greece's greatest player of all time ?
It is Mimis Domazos undisputedly.
Played from 1959 to 1980 for my rivals, Panathinaikos.
In 1959-60 he won the league. My father's friends were teasing me thus: "your little team is hopeless, we have the big general" and it was only his first season.
I remember this as if it was yesterday.
So in today's world how long would he have stayed in Greece ?
January 1960 ? Bust it - ok - maybe. 
September 1960 ? Unlikely.
He was probably going to move to Roma or Eintracht Frankfurt - I 'm not saying Real Madrid or AC Milan.
The same with all the other great icons of past years.
Our football history would be some evzon players from the mountains ...
We would n't even remember today that Mimis was once one of the greens. Some would say "he was one of the ... reds".

58 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Isn't it what most of clubs outside the top of the top are forced to do anyway?

It's one of most proven ways to make club's operation profitable on books and only way to sustain for most. There was a lot of talk Clearlake is going to do this. On the other hand, the club is overpaying massively for meh-players in the beginning and doesn't really have a structure in place to develop them, so I don't see how would it be supposed to work. Selling out all decent academy players seems like the only way imo.

2 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Isn't it what most of clubs outside the top of the top are forced to do anyway?

It's one of most proven ways to make club's operation profitable on books and only way to sustain for most. There was a lot of talk Clearlake is going to do this. On the other hand, the club is overpaying massively for meh-players in the beginning and doesn't really have a structure in place to develop them, so I don't see how would it be supposed to work. Selling out all decent academy players seems like the only way imo.

Second strings usually.
About Palmer he was a substitute and Pep quite probably made a mistake.