Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

As I said in an earlier post — even more important than what we think is what the squad think. And those that have come out with an opinion are all sorry to see Poch go !!!

I feel even worse about it this morning than I did last night. I may be wrong but I’m sure this wasn’t mutual and if all the Board had come out publicly backing Poch I’m sure he would still be here.

6th place, one cup final, one semi and European football next season. How can that be classed as failure in your first season ? Plus many players have shown big improvement during the season - Cole,Conor,Jackson,Madueke,Chalobah and some of that must be a reflection on the coach and his team.

Plus he wasn’t responsible for signing the under-achievers in the squad — the Board and Sporting Directors did

We have made some crazy decisions in the last few years but this is definitely the craziest

A very sad day in the proud history of Chelsea FC

4 minutes ago, Seymop said:

How can that be classed as failure in your first season ?

That was a pathetic showing in the cup final though against a Liverpool side that weren't exactly full strength themselves. 

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

McKenna's value is high right now after back-to-back promotion. Ipswich's squad have many loan players and many ex-League one players, it's likely they will struggle in the PL like Sheffield, Burnley or Luton this year. Kompany was also praised after last season, but his squad was just not good enough to play the same football in the Premier League. McKenna might consider that and take an offer from a bigger club(not necesseraly us).

McKenna would be better off trying to get the vacant Brighton role, that's the perfect opportunity to work with young & experienced players and a squad that is good enough to be mid-table most of the season. 

40 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The first time round with the transfer ban the likes of James, Mount, Abraham and Tomori were all involved a lot - what did we have then?

Tomori played like 15 proper games that season, that's why he left for AC Milan....from memory, he was supposed to go to a french club or somewhere on loan on deadline day in the previous window as well but the paperwork didn't go through on time (IIRC). 

4 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

That was a pathetic showing in the cup final though against a Liverpool side that weren't exactly full strength themselves. 

A young team , in their first major final and we didn’t play well.Not sure that one game makes it a poor season. We also had even more injuries in the squad than Liverpool did.

Be interesting to see who is queuing up to work under the clowns we have leading the club !!

Just now, Seymop said:

A young team , in their first major final and we didn’t play well.Not sure that one game makes it a poor season. We also had even more injuries in the squad than Liverpool did.

Be interesting to see who is queuing up to work under the clowns we have leading the club !!

Our team also had had a younger average age than that Liverpool team aswell, which ppl either forget or just conveniently leave out. 

If Poch was not garbage for most of the year, this team should finished in the top 4. Villa and Spuds have absolutely no business finishing above us.

Overall Poch results and improvement was not good enough. You guys are getting carried away by the last 5 games results, like the other 33 games didn't matter only the that matter, and if we are being honest the performance was nothing to write about. 

Remember Crystal Palace finished the last 6 games like us, in fact they looked even better.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Our team also had had a younger average age than that Liverpool team aswell, which ppl either forget or just conveniently leave out. 

But you cannot compare 50m or 100m youngsters with 4 Liverpool academy players that no one heard before. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Seymop said:

Not sure that one game makes it a poor season. We also had even more injuries in the squad than Liverpool did.

There were multiple poor games this season under Poch.   

I was actually keen on Poch sticking around for another season based on the decent football that was being played in the last few games.  

Edited by Reddish-Blue
duplication

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

If Poch was not garbage for most of the year, this team should finished in the top 4. Villa and Spuds have absolutely no business finishing above us.

Overall Poch results and improvement was not good enough. You guys are getting carried away by the last 5 games results, like the other 33 games didn't matter only the that matter, and if we are being honest the performance was nothing to write about. 

Remember Crystal Palace finished the last 6 games like us, in fact they looked even better.

I explained his innovation and why we won the last six games.
If we could find a way not to be compromised unduly in the back then it is perfect.

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Poch was playing something like Potterball - Mouball but without the talent of an Eden Hazard up front or the killer instinct of an Olivier Giroud.
He changed his ways and it worked somehow (also Palmer's contribution cannot be understated).

10 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Looking at both teams:

Liverpool: Kelleher, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Mac Allister, Gakpo, Elliott, Robertson, Gravenberch, Bradley.

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Tsimikas, Clark, McConnell, Koumas, Danns, Quansah, Nyoni.

Chelsea: Petrovic; Gusto, Disasi, Colwill, Chilwell (c); Caicedo, Enzo; Palmer, Gallagher, Sterling; Jackson

Chelsea substitutes: Sanchez, Bettinelli, Chalobah, Gee, Gilchrist, Tauriainen, Madueke, Mudryk, Nkunku

I wonder which side had more unknown youngsters in the final.  The fact that we had attackers on the bench and they had no-one and we still couldn't buy a goal that day...

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Overall Poch results and improvement was not good enough. 

A little bit fortunate with injuries and not being let down by Jackson finishing mostly we would finish season now with 4th place and both Cups. Literally a couple smallest possible details are reason we are not. Poch would be genius in that case? But he is not because Jackson missed sitters against Liverpool and City on Wembley and in PL let's pick injury time goal in Sheffield after set piece and disallowed goal at Villa Park. There you go 4 small details and we have both Cups and top4. Where is Enzo missed penalty, Sanchez mistakes, Sterling selfishness...

From 44 to 63 points is big improvement. Goals scored from 38 to 77 as well. Position from 12th to 6th. 

It would be way better without injuries and players disappointing. 

There were things I didn't like with Poch ofc especially team selections and being late in making obvious changes. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

A little bit fortunate with injuries and not being let down by Jackson finishing mostly we would finish season now with 4th place and both Cups. Literally a couple smallest possible details are reason we are not. Poch would be genius in that case? But he is not because Jackson missed sitters against Liverpool and City on Wembley and in PL let's pick injury time goal in Sheffield after set piece and disallowed goal at Villa Park. There you go 4 small details and we have both Cups and top4. Where is Enzo missed penalty, Sanchez mistakes, Sterling selfishness...

From 44 to 63 points is big improvement. Goals scored from 38 to 77 as well. Position from 12th to 6th. 

There were things I didn't like with Poch ofc especially team selections and being late in making obvious changes. 

our main problem was our absurd injury record and playing with sanchez

for example, the game against arsenal was 3 points wasted because of him

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Just got done watching a video about De Zerbi’s tactics and continue to think he’d be ideal. He has that same sort of obsessive, maniacal approach to coaching that Pep does. This is what this squad needs: extreme tactical discipline and understanding EXACTLY where to be at all times. Like City, like Liverpool, like his Brighton side last season. The movements, the triangles, the positioning is masterful and it comes as effortless second nature to the players.

We need this sort of micromanaging coach badly. It just so happens that he’s now right there to be had without any trouble of dealing with his club.

He’s the only name that’s we’ve been linked to now that I’d be happy with at this point.Theres a reason his style caught the eye of these clubs that are renowned for playing beautiful, controlled football as a successor to legends like Guardiola.

for sure now its look like its more about what the owners want and not what the team needs.

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You are not counting properly because some other times we 've been  lucky.
For example the Solanke chance in the last match - that was -2 points, indefferent but -2 points.

These names that the reliable reporters are putting out there that were interested in are a disgrace. The sorts of managers that you’d expect the likes of West Ham or some other traditional midtable club to go for. Not a club with ambitions to compete at the top again and soon.

If these jokers are dumb enough to appoint McKenna, Thomas Frank, or that Leicester manager we’re finishing 10-12th again next season.

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I look at the overall season, as far injuries some were net positive. For example Axel Disaster, Sanchez, Sterling. 

As far as your points as improvement from last season. Potter was terrible hire, and we spent a lot of money in the summer. Potter/Lampard was a disaster of season, and only way to go was up. 

If the last six games were mixed results you guys would not be mad about this as some of you are. 

I wait for who they hire, i think letting Poch go was the right decision but not going lie i am concerned with who they hire.