Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Again, not sure if this is true, but Poch will get the boot if his vision doesn't align with Clownlake. The only type of transfers that will interest these guys, are the ones with plenty of resale value.

3 hours ago, Mário César said:

ofc our board want a yes men 

Managers need not be given power over transfers. We saw how it went with Conte. 

+ Clearlake's transfers aren't looking so bad now are they? Palmer and Gusto are the clear standouts. But even among the rest - Cucurella, Caicedo, Noni, Jackson have shown that over a larger sample size, they are holding up, showing they belong at this level. Only clear misses are Mudryk, 

"Chelsea want a head coach who will feed into the conversation around potential signings and sales without seeking to dictate strategy or make demands, and commit to working with the talent assembled by the recruitment team."

Completely reasonable ask from Clearlake if this is the case. 

I'm all pro Poch and him staying but don't agree with his demands. He should know his place. 

He is here to grow with and develop our young players for 2 or 3 seasons. After that when we become special force we bring someone else. Him having say in transfers doesn't have any sense. 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I'm all pro Poch and him staying but don't agree with his demands. He should know his place. 

He is here to grow with and develop our young players for 2 or 3 seasons. After that when we become special force we bring someone else. Him having say in transfers doesn't have any sense. 

Yeah - even the pro-Poch crowd can only point to the last few games for the positives. That includes a 5-0 collapse vs Arsenal that people conveniently ignore.

Poch staying should be under the current system where he is the coach who's got a credible recruitment team. Work with them and give suggestions if needed but nothing to suggest he's the kind of coach who should be given a voice in transfer strategy

For an ownership group who seem to constantly talk in statements about how they want to get the supporters onboard, if they were to sack a manager who ended up doing a decent job and has the full backing of the players and replace him with a virtual nobody from a tiny English club they risk huge fan backlash and negativity. There seems to be some genuine hope and momentum for the first time in a long time at the club. Fucking it all up because Poch refuses to be their perfect puppet would be ridiculous.

I think the only man they could replace him with that would actually keep the fans fully onboard would be bringing Tuchel back. 

34 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah - even the pro-Poch crowd can only point to the last few games for the positives. That includes a 5-0 collapse vs Arsenal that people conveniently ignore.

Poch staying should be under the current system where he is the coach who's got a credible recruitment team. Work with them and give suggestions if needed but nothing to suggest he's the kind of coach who should be given a voice in transfer strategy

It's funny when people are calling that Poch is great for inverting Cucu, when in reality Enzo injury forced him to change something in the midfield, and midfield was dysfunctional for most of the season

Think he is gone considering the noises coming out on the usual socials, including Rio (not that I consider him a source of truth but he has a popular podcast etc.).

I personally think it is 50/50, Poch wants a say, perhaps more than a say ie. Keep Conor, Clearlake want someone who gives their opinion but doesn't give a firm 'no'. Considering how long it took Poch to make a change with Cucu, never seems to have a plan B, I struggle to see tactically how he sets up a team now, and future. Especially if someone came to him and said "Right we have Kendry and Este, how do we fit them in?" now a respectable manager may say "We don't, one or the other, whoever performs best" but it seems Clearlake want the stage for their stars.

I still want him gone, for the reasons I gave a few pages back, tactically I do not think he is up to it and I think the last 5-6 games masked a season of chance after chance to take advantage of dropped points elsewhere, chance after chance squandered. I genuinely dislike the amount that the last 5-6 games has changed the narrative of a season, the emotion is gone, lets be objective, in my opinion, not good enough.

Poch should have some say on recruitment though just that,not complete control.

Should have final say on who is sold though.i'd say that should be the case with every head coach/manager when player concerned wants to stay.

Clownlake wants the Brighton model with a young coach  who they can control and who has no problem with what  players he have, while  Pochettino doesn't fit in with his desire for proven players who also don't fit in the American model trust the process to make money with South American kids .Get out .

I'd walk if I was not allowed to have a say in the transfers incomings and outgoings, if you want me to steer the ship I take the wheel, simple as that.

Pointless giving him players he hasn't selected himself or rates. 

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

it baffles me how someone think that managers should not have a saying in the transfers? like how is that going to work if the board gives him players he does not want or like.

Board is not saying Poch should not have a say. They are saying Poch won't dictate transfer policy. Even Klopp at Liverpool worked with a sporting director who was driving transfer strategy.

The board have said from the beginning and I believe it was confirmed multiple times that Poch does get a say, he and ALL directors have to simultaneously agree on a transfer and if anyone is a no then it is a no.

What he can't do is just decide for himself on a player and clearly some others in the group do not agree with whoever he is suggesting. That's their job. He has a terrible track record at picking players so I'm thankful for that. Just hope he's not ruled out some good options for us because their chakra didn't feel right to him or whatever voodoo hippy bullshit about energy he believes in.