Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/features/2024/5/21/24161431/four-reasons-why-Chelsea-should-not-keep-mauricio-pochettino

Pretty fair analysis honestly. Agree with all points.

I don't think it will be the end of the world if we keep him, but given De Zerbi is available for free honestly I'd be very tempted if I were the Directors.

Only thing I read was about Milan which got denied by a few X sources, but who knows.

Honestly given the choice, it feels mad as he is volatile, but I'd lump for De Zerbi over Poch, even though the latter has done absolutely nothing and I'm basing it off what I read. Just my opinion, I feel the players need someone who is going to say "Stand like this, receive the ball like that, move here, move there", whereas Poch, from what I've read, doesn't do much tactical work.

We will never truly know the ins and outs until they go on the Obi podcast in 10 years.

5 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Amorim has a €30m release clause

Would definitely not be interested in spending 30m on an unproven coach in the PL when De Zerbi is free and we already have Poch in situ 

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

James, Nkunku, Lavia, and Colwill fully fit and ready for preseason. 😀

With who though 🤣 honestly can we not have a transfer window or a summer break that just normal.... If poch goes I can see some of the people of this forum eating humble pie, most here have been screaming for this all season! Now it's a possibility all I see is u turns.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DH1988 said:

Only thing I read was about Milan which got denied by a few X sources, but who knows.

Honestly given the choice, it feels mad as he is volatile, but I'd lump for De Zerbi over Poch, even though the latter has done absolutely nothing and I'm basing it off what I read. Just my opinion, I feel the players need someone who is going to say "Stand like this, receive the ball like that, move here, move there", whereas Poch, from what I've read, doesn't do much tactical work.

We will never truly know the ins and outs until they go on the Obi podcast in 10 years.

You do not have to read…. You can watch the games to see that is clearly the case. 

Edited by Chuckso

Posted (edited)

Interesting if it is by mutual consent. Implies Poch wanted something more and the club cannot agree, so they decided to part ways. Whether that is a sensible decision then depends on what he wants. If, as rumoured, it is more powers over transfers then I would say it is the right decision for all involved to part ways - I can see why he wants it but he's also got too big of an ego to accept that he is BAD at it, like maybe one of the worst of all the famous managers in the last 10 years. If it was something more general, like he wanted to tweak the clubs strategy to include a few more experienced players amidst the youth, then I would say the club has got it wrong (as long as his expectation was not also that he would be picking these experienced lads himself)

If we go for De Zerbi I think it is an upgrade personally. Really not sure on the other candidates.

Edited by Mhsc

Reading that a club has paid compensation to Brighton for De Zerbi, it obviously isn't the release clause but apparently it's a very very small amount.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Interesting if it is by mutual consent. Implies Poch wanted something more and the club cannot agree, so they decided to part ways. Whether that is a sensible decision then depends on what he wants. If, as rumoured, it is more powers over transfers then I would say it is the right decision for all involved to part ways - I can see why he wants it but he's also got too big of an ego to accept that he is BAD at it, like maybe one of the worst of all the famous managers in the last 10 years. If it was something more general, like he wanted to tweak the clubs strategy to include a few more experienced players amidst the youth, then I would say the club has got it wrong (as long as his expectation was not also that he would be picking these experienced lads himself)

If we go for De Zerbi I think it is an upgrade personally. Really not sure on the other candidates.

You have been pushing for De Zerbi for the last 3 pages in here pep beat him 4 times this year

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

You have been pushing for De Zerbi for the last 3 pages in here pep beat him 4 times this year

He is the only available manager I know of that is playing the kind of progressive, strategic football that all of the top teams have been dominating with in recent years, and has a track record with some of our players, that is free and might actually be up for joining us. I'm sure other good options exist, but as a person that mostly watches PL he is a simple and safe option to me that guarantees many of the things I wanted to see this season and saw none of.

Edited by Mhsc