The Next Manager?

The contract length doesn't matter one jot- If he fails and I mean fail completely as in loses five say of the first ten then his head is on the block. Don't fool yourself for one moment by the words project, patience and time.....Get the popcorn ready

3 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Find it intresting/bit worrying the comments from Leicester fans don't seem to be sad he is leaving more wtf are Chelsea doing.. fun times ahead.

City fans also laughed at us for buying Cole Palmer for the price we did. In fact, most of the league did. 

Reality is - no one knows shit. 

Posted (edited)

Ranieri's Leicester with Vardy seemed to be the diametrically opposite from what you describe.
No possession at all even against weaker opponents, counterattacks only, long balls to find Vardy.

Edited by cosmicway

Posted (edited)

Maresca is going to need the players to play his football, quite frankly how his tenure going to go is going to be on Chelsea ownership and directors. They know what they are signing up for, a manager who is very set on how he is going to play and not changing. Get him the players needed.

If they are all on the same page, i very much expect Maresca to succeed. 

Edited by Clockwork

3 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Maresca is going to need the players to play his football, quite frankly how his tenure going to go is going to be on Chelsea ownership and directors. They know what they are signing up for, a manager who is very set on how he is going to play and not changing. Get him the players needed.

If they are all on the same page, i very much expect Maresca to succeed. 

If he could play his football with Dewsbery-Hall, Patson Daka and Jannick Vestergaard then he should sort it out with the 40-50 players available in the first team, loan army and development squads. I feel it is a fair expectation from the new manager not wanting to make lots of changes in the squad, recent 1-1.5 years we completely changed the entire group.

Get him the players needed? We pretty much have players with any possible profile.. Especially winger, midfielder or left back. I will lose my shit if we have to buy Ndidi because none of our midfielders "fit his football".

17 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

If he could play his football with Dewsbery-Hall, Patson Daka and Jannick Vestergaard then he should sort it out with the 40-50 players available in the first team, loan army and development squads. I feel it is a fair expectation from the new manager not wanting to make lots of changes in the squad, recent 1-1.5 years we completely changed the entire group.

Get him the players needed? We pretty much have players with any possible profile.. Especially winger, midfielder or left back. I will lose my shit if we have to buy Ndidi because none of our midfielders "fit his football".

That was in the Championship though. No we are not buying Leicester level players.

Need GK and CB that fits his profile. 

7 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

That was in the Championship though. No we are not buying Leicester level players.

Championship doesn't get the credit it deserves tbh, it's a bloody hard league and most weeks more enjoyable to watch than the prem

10 hours ago, manpe said:

I know nothing about Maresca, but I hope he's at least flexible enough that he can play counter-attacks too when that's appropriate. If he's a one trick pony that tells the players to only play out from the back and retain possession at all costs, then he's gonna fail quickly.

Recently they beat Southampton 5:0 with 34% possession. 

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I don't know, I have felt for years that GK is the last thing we should worry about, profiles and passing abilities don't count as much as it is discussed.. Real Madrid won the league and reached CL-final with their 3rd choice, Liverpool and Manchester City are not worse teams at all with their noname goallies. I firmly believe that we would have been still 6th if we had Oblak or Ederson or whoever.. There are like 50 goallies around who can do the job, we can just go with Petrovic, Sanchez or Kepa. They are not outstanding but not bad either.

CB will be needed either way.

16 hours ago, Thor said:

City fans also laughed at us for buying Cole Palmer for the price we did. In fact, most of the league did. 

Reality is - no one knows shit. 

True but he did manage their team and they saw the results and performances etc...which ended up throwing a huge point lead with 6 defeatsin 10 games. 

I just hope he is given time. If results are iffy at times and performances are bad hope it isn't a case of give him a season and fire again because what be the point. No one is a miracle worker and this side needs work so hopefully he isn't a one season hiring cause be silly if so.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

5 year deal 🤣 be a nice payout when he gets sacked within 12-18 months. Absolute insanity. 

Apparently there are "break clauses" in the contract to prevent just this. So we can get rid easily if he performs poorly

Edited by Artandur

21 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Saying hes good because Diet Pep worked with Guardiola isn't a valid recommendation. We heard the same thing about AVB being good because he worked with Mourinho.

I always thought it was too soon for AvB when he was asked to take over Chelsea, especially with the squad we had at the time (JT spoke about how he pissed off all the first team regulars in pre-season by making them fly economy and the youth players were in first class). 

Maresca basically has Sterling, Chilwell as his 'older' players, everyone else is like Under-25 in this team.....and it should be the same squad heading into next season (minus Silva and maybe 1-2 others depending upon FFP concerns). 

16 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

There are like 50 goallies around who can do the job, we can just go with Petrovic, Sanchez or Kepa. They are not outstanding but not bad either.

CB will be needed either way.

Exactly...CB and a proper striker should be the priority in this window. 

GK can be sorted out, we've wasted more than enough of both Kepa/Sanchez, I wouldn't want to see another massive amount spent on someone like Pickford. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Championship doesn't get the credit it deserves tbh, it's a bloody hard league and most weeks more enjoyable to watch than the prem

Irrespective of if it gets the credit it deserves or not, winning it with the best squad in the league by a country mile doesn’t warrant getting the Chelsea job. We had the same thing being linked with Jokanovic before (can’t remember the year but was another manager linked with us who’s achievements didn’t warrant the job). Although he was also an ex player here but don’t think that made a difference. 

Also on another point, if having worked with Pep is a massive selling point for a managers job at a top club then I don’t know. There has to be so much more to it than that. And based on how he got on at Parma and then Leicester (which I think isn’t remotely impressive given the players they’d retained), I don’t think there is a lot of other huge selling points outside of Pep link & playing style. For me Arteta is definitely a one off and even then it took him 2.5 years to properly get going. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

On 21/05/2024 at 11:10, Marta1988 said:

I think Chelsea need someone who has already won, not a bet. At this point keep the trainer you already have. On the best football betting websites there are different options for the Chelsea's future. We can see what happened. 

Posted (edited)
On 27/05/2024 at 21:15, Vegetable said:

Yeah. Whichever chancy, Championship-level manager it will be, I hope the club won't repeat the same mistake THIRD time in form of burning bridges and literally insulting everyone they had held talks with, making the guy unsackable as a bonus; But yeah, I won't be surprised with another After high-tech, 10 year long reaserch we decided to go with X from Faroe Islands third division as dAtA shows this is absolutely best and eXcItInG manager, levels above any elite manager that miraculously shown interest in managing Clearlake's Chelsea and we put full trust in him, while other candidates suck and then proceed to hover around 12th place.

Clownlake want a person to lead, train the kindergarten process, a coach who will not have a problem with the players  (children from South America), players whose data analyzes tell them that within a year they will be superstars and a coach who will not speak about what  is really is behind the scene, as Pochettino was in recent weeks with his encrypted interviews, that he needs experienced players which was not liked. Maresca is another fall guy who will be burned in the mid season .

Edited by milka