Real Madrid 2-0 Chelsea

James

Against RM tonight one could see plainly how awful our attack is, in terms of individual efforts, movement.
In the premier this is many times obscured because we have to play against brick walls of teams who park the bus and it's not obvious.
Tonight against Real you saw the snail pace, inability to do even basic things.
James too who was getting involved from the right wing had one of his worst games.

I think Kai should have started and I 'm afraid the great white hope Joao is proven to be inferior or just inferior to Kai.
Sterling no.
Mount from the beginning maybe or Mudryk who is fast, but that of course hardly fixes things as we already know.

Just now, cosmicway said:

Against RM tonight one could see plainly how awful our attack is, in terms of individual efforts, movement.
In the premier this is many times obscured because we have to play against brick walls of teams who park the bus and it's not obvious.
Tonight against Real you saw the snail pace, inability to do even basic things.
James too who was getting involved from the right wing had one of his worst games.

I think Kai should have started and I 'm afraid the great white hope Joao is proven to be inferior or just inferior to Kai.
Sterling no.
Mount from the beginning maybe or Mudryk who is fast, but that of course hardly fixes things as we already know.

I agree, but to be fair is in hindsight so easy to be a forum manager..

6 minutes ago, Ljpaddock said:

Yes ok.
I don't criticize Frank for using Felix but for me today's match proves conclusively he 's not one for the hall of fame.
About Sterling I do criticize him. We saw him all these months and Ziyech / Pulisic are better options.

Edited by cosmicway

4 minutes ago, Ljpaddock said:

Calling people forum managers for pointing out glaring, obvious flaws of a tremendously flawed team is a fail.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Calling people forum managers for pointing out glaring, obvious flaws of a tremendously flawed team is a fail.

We had terrace managers, now forum managers.
We tend to avoid doing that yet some things are obvious.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I have to wonder how Kovavic is actually offering, as he certainly isn't helping us in midfield. Zakaria should be playing DMF allowing Kante to play further ahead.

It was more than an error, though. A decision that almost anyone could see would come back to haunt us from afar.

At the time most argued with my alternative suggestion for who to leave out instead.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Tbf to his post, if you compare this forum to the shed end, the amount of forum managers here is rather ridiculous.

The 3-5-2 rarely works. 

Remember Tuchel and Conte using it vs City and it always led to the same problem - nowhere to go in attack. 

Like yesterday - 5-6 defensive players surround 2 lightweight forwards - Felix and Sterling. The attack had Courtois in its sights maybe 3 times in the whole game - Felix, Sterling and Mount chances. 

The plan was to park the bus but this squad was way too talented to be consigning ourselves to 2012 CL tactics. 

Edited by Strike

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Tbf to his post, if you compare this forum to the shed end, the amount of forum managers here is rather ridiculous.

Isn't that the whole point of the forum though?   You watch the game as a passionate fan and you expect your team to at least put in the effort to make it a competitive match against arguably the best team in Europe. 

Madrid used the same variation of a 1 2 over and over to bypass our midfield and we still didnt read it. Only thanks to Kante that it was broken up several times. How many times did we get near their penalty area and there was no one in attacking positions ? What's happening in training ?

If we have no recognised striker Kai needs to be told to stay in and around their penalty area, though its lost now, the whole season. Abramovich wouldn't have let it come to this.

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Isn't that the whole point of the forum though?   You watch the game as a passionate fan and you expect your team to at least put in the effort to make it a competitive match against arguably the best team in Europe. 

Kinda yes and kinda no aswell, fans are fans managers are managers, we see 90 mins once or maybe twice a week, managers spend all week with these players, they know alot more than us about these players, we give our opinion on passion heartbreak or joy depending on how the match goes, doesn't make it right or wrong btw it's just an opinion, people can post any many spread sheets player lists on pointless crap all they want, they are still just a fan. Easy to apparently have all the answers when it isn't your cock on the block.

59 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Kinda yes and kinda no aswell, fans are fans managers are managers, we see 90 mins once or maybe twice a week, managers spend all week with these players, they know alot more than us about these players, we give our opinion on passion heartbreak or joy depending on how the match goes, doesn't make it right or wrong btw it's just an opinion, people can post any many spread sheets player lists on pointless crap all they want, they are still just a fan. Easy to apparently have all the answers when it isn't your cock on the block.

Still more honest occupation, than tv celebrity pundits, not only sharing their shit wisdom as "experts", but also push whatever agenda or sympathy they tend to have at the moment 😀

And well, teams are nothing without a fans, so that's the kind of barter there is - whatever they'll do, there will be fans fiercely criticizing it. And I'd say we have full right to do so, as we are only ones doing it for free. Meanwhile people getting unimaginable money for it seem no wiser in recent times.

I always said that if eg. club had followed this board's dream transfer targets, we'd be long time relegated and bankrupt, on the other hand, it often seems that nothing is learnt from obvious mishaps. But being able to be a little grumpy is a big part of being a fan I guess 😉

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

We have n't got all the answers.
If I knew about Aube-Sterling-other flops beforehand I would go to the British embassy, wring the military attache by the throat and get him to bring Boehly to me at once.
I 'm only observing what is happening and compare with other teams.