Real Madrid 2-0 Chelsea

James

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

4 matches, 3 different managers, 2 different tournaments, 0 goals, 5 conceded. 0% hope, 100% frustration.

Nice stats!!! 

Everybody does well in the easy European matches of the autumn, including Lampard and Potter.
The problems start after that.
For a series of years we sign players who are at best mediocre and usually worthless.
It's not because of lack of money and it's a mystery.
Only 10% of the problem is due to TT of his last weeks with the club, Potter and Lampard it transpires.

And I 'm not moaning because we lost to Real, a derby match. I 'm moaning because of Southampton and Aston Villa.

Edited by cosmicway

In the decade of being a Chelsea fan I have never ever been this pessimistic and out of touch with watching Chelsea matches live.

Somehow this season I don't want to do anything beyond just following news about Chelsea and I am ashamed of myself because I used to be so passionate about Chelsea.

What is Real doing better ?
First my comparison standard for Chelsea is the team of the previous two years and not today's team.
What are they doing better then ?
First they have Vinicious who is a phenomenal winger. Then Benzema who is n't a phenomenal centre forward but he is doing the job more than adequately.
But the secret is in the midintervals. There the ball and the players become invisible !
If you do that then even a substitute c.f. like Remy, Demba Ba, Bats will find spaces and score.
Compare to the (better) Chelsea: Laborious buildup, player with the ball has to try hard to keep possession, selects a simple pass to somebody who can't do much with it (most of the time that is).

City in that department are like Real and maybe better.
Barcelona who strangely are ten points ahead of Real in La Liga Santander are supposed to have invented the fast passing game (under Pep). They too are improving. Nothing like before, but they are improving.

As for Chelsea we struggle hopelessly. Upfront we don't have any international stars anymore, but it's the overall movement not good I am inclined to think now after looking carefully at yesterday's match.

Edited by cosmicway