Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

James

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thats the problem, why is there nothing to aim for ? We have become a club of low expectations, a self fulfilling prophecy. So the mantra becomes ''next season''. Fuck that Spurs mentality.

I normally calm down after an hour after a defeat, not worth getting worked up about. I am still fuming, can see the bigger picture, and the morass of constant shit results we're sleep walking into thanks to current ownership

I fully agree with this. 

Its going to be tough times. 

It surprises me how many are devaluing the Champions League.

It could save our lives and I believe with the right tactics we could "swallow" Real's midfield with Kanté and Enzo.

Even Kovacic has already said that a formation with three central defenders is the one that suits the team best. Changing to 4x3x3 was a big mistake.

Against Liverpool we were ok. It was only necessary to keep it and not change everything again.

Edited by Mário César

5 minutes ago, Mário César said:

I fully agree with this. 

Its going to be tough times. 

It surprises me how many are devaluing the Champions League.

It could save our lives and I believe with the right tactics we could "swallow" Real's midfield with Kanté and Enzo.

Even Kovacic has already said that a formation with three central defenders is the one that suits the team best. Changing to 4x3x3 was a big mistake.

Against Liverpool we were ok. It was only necessary to keep it and not change everything again.

Honestly I don’t know. If we were playing well and had a competent manager at least maybe, but Modric, Kroos and the other lad will be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us. I mean they even rested Modric & Kroos today.

We look lightweight in midfield without the ball/on defensive transitions - something that will play right into Madrid’s hands as we seen against Barcelona. They decimated them on the counter with the likes of Vini and Rodrygo coming into central areas exposed by the Barca MF as they were pushing forward.

So unless Lampard all of a sudden managed to make us compact, then I wouldn’t get overly confident. Not like his teams have a history of being hard to play against. Even the first season, we were always leaving huge gaps in between midfield and defence.

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly I don’t know. If we were playing well and had a competent manager at least maybe, but Modric, Kroos and the other lad will be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us. I mean they even rested Modric & Kroos today.

We look lightweight in midfield without the ball/on defensive transitions - something that will play right into Madrid’s hands as we seen against Barcelona. They decimated them on the counter with the likes of Vini and Rodrygo coming into central areas exposed by the Barca MF as they were pushing forward.

So unless Lampard all of a sudden managed to make us compact, then I wouldn’t get overly confident. Not like his teams have a history of being hard to play against. Even the first season, we were always leaving huge gaps in between midfield and defence.

What I read on the Real forum is that Real have difficulties when Modric and Kroos play at the same time. I read that both can't play together and I think that's where we can take advantage of that.

I know Real's last few games have been good and the result against Barcelona gives them confidence, but I think being overconfident could play in our favour.

What worries me is the Vinicius & Benzema duo. 

But, well, with Lampard I don't believe we can get anything positive out of it. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Under a manager that can actually coach tidy, intricate football where patterns and triangles are played like muscle memory and second nature (like City & Arse do) Sterling can be very useful. He looked great in that system at City. I haven’t totally written him off. If he looks like this next season then get rid.

Cucu I’m now having serious doubts about. But next year we will hopefully never have to see him as a CB or wingback again since Colwill will be back to play in that left side.

He looked good at times playing alongside some of the best playmakers around and was dire at other times, missing chances for fun. Sterling's reputation exceeded his actual ability due to the collective around him.

We need players that can deliver consistently rather than needing a system suited around their limited skillset. 

Judging from our two previous encounters with Real Madrid I believe it's not impossible to go through.
After all last year and the year before we were not exactly a monster team in the premier.
But I also believe City will dispose of TT and then against City our chances are a little better than infinitessimal.
Against Bayern again inifnitessimal.
So forget the champions league, it's the same as Canada winning the world cup or something like that.
But reaching the semis is an achievement initself.
I don't know what will happen next year, more than six players have to go.
It does n't mean they are useless. They 're all good for the Italian clubs for example so we can put a price on them.

14 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thats the problem, why is there nothing to aim for ? We have become a club of low expectations, a self fulfilling prophecy. So the mantra becomes ''next season''. Fuck that Spurs mentality.

I normally calm down after an hour after a defeat, not worth getting worked up about. I am still fuming, can see the bigger picture, and the morass of constant shit results we're sleep walking into thanks to current ownership

My feelings exactly🤙

We need proper owners whatever that is, but it certainly isn't Boehly and clearlake, it should be clear 'em out.

Boehly is a clueless nincompoop.

Oh how I miss Roman.

5 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

My feelings exactly🤙

We need proper owners whatever that is, but it certainly isn't Boehly and clearlake, it should be clear 'em out.

Oh how I miss Roman.

Under Roman we did make a lot of lousy -or not so great- transfers:

Falcao-Pato-Morata-Haverts-Barkley-Werner-Lukaku ...

The scouts we have are to blame.

46 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

My feelings exactly🤙

Oh how I miss Roman.

Yup will we get 21 Trophies under Boehly and the Swiss  hedgefunders. Rhetorical, but they will make some money doubtless

The problem with Lampard is that he himself is blinded by the endless amounts of bum lacking he has received from England over the years... he is extremely arrogant when it comes to football and thinks he knows best and that's that. That's why he went to a 433 formation... he thinks he can see a clear vision that nobody else can.. love the geezer for what he has done at a playing level for this club but comon...as a manager? You just ain't it son. These owners have a big mess to clear up.

56 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Under Roman we did make a lot of lousy -or not so great- transfers:

Falcao-Pato-Morata-Haverts-Barkley-Werner-Lukaku ...

The scouts we have are to blame.

Why people act like roman is the one who decide our transfer decision back then?

I know on certain cases, especially transfer with monsterous fee, roman have some final say regarding that. 

But most of our big transfer is handle by our scout management, director of football and other club hierarchy to handle the large part of player assessment and negotiation process.

I think the problem is, while the transfer windows is open, the club structure isn't established yet. So there is no one strong enough to prevent boehly and co to make amateurish and questionable football decision

Edited by dimmas

9 minutes ago, dimmas said:

Why people act like roman is the one who decide our transfer decision back then?

I know on certain cases, especially transfer with monsterous fee, roman have some final say regarding that. 

But most of our big transfer is handle by our scout management, director of football and other club hierarchy to handle the large part of player assessment and negotiation process.

So they have n't been so bright - compare with Pep team.
But under Boehly it's the scouts again who decide and the manager perhaps.
We need some professionals.
As a rule when we bring a player from an inferior league system it's a fifty-fifty situation.
But there is more to it than that.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Wolves fans seem alright.

Tinkering with this and that probably to mask the ever present mediocrity, moving the deckchairs on the Titanic

If we're going to have years now in the wilderness like under Ken Bates, at least bring back hooliganism to liven it up 🤪

22 hours ago, Mário César said:

What I read on the Real forum is that Real have difficulties when Modric and Kroos play at the same time. I read that both can't play together and I think that's where we can take advantage of that.

I know Real's last few games have been good and the result against Barcelona gives them confidence, but I think being overconfident could play in our favour.

What worries me is the Vinicius & Benzema duo. 

But, well, with Lampard I don't believe we can get anything positive out of it. 

They’ve won like 5 CLs with them starting every game….. wtf