Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

James

Watching Arsenal and Liverpool today/yesterday it struck me: we currently play a different sport.

Yeah it looks like football just a lot slower. Yeah liverpool is about the same level as we are, but they managed to rise to the occasion and match Arsenal quick passing thru sheer physicality in that second half (and a nice hand from the officials who were shit as usual). Ironically, the local fans were angry at the officials... go figure. They managed to tie against a much better team--no easy feat.

Arsenal can do what City does, just not as consistently.

44 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Watching Arsenal and Liverpool today/yesterday it struck me: we currently play a different sport.

Yeah it looks like football just a lot slower. Yeah liverpool is about the same level as we are, but they managed to rise to the occasion and match Arsenal quick passing thru sheer physicality in that second half (and a nice hand from the officials who were shit as usual). Ironically, the local fans were angry at the officials... go figure. They managed to tie against a much better team--no easy feat.

Arsenal can do what City does, just not as consistently.

They would have taken all 3 points (at the death) if it wasn't for Ramsdale. 

Liverpool are well ahead of us, they have a style of play in place and they have attackers in Salah/Jota who can make things happen in and around the box.   If Klopp gets the funds to fix his midfield, they'll be back in the mix for top 3 once again. 

We just wasted a full season for nothing, could have gotten a more experienced manager at the helm instead of jumping aboard the Potter wagon and the 'squad' had enough quality to at least be around the top 6 this season.   Right now, we're in relegation form, the players look afraid to score and the players generally look like they've given up and they're just going through the motions knowing that there's like 9 games left in the season.  I was sort of shocked by the Lampard appointment as he isn't known for his tactical skills........and I get the feeling that the fans won't be too pleased if we continue to put in rubbish performances like the one against Wolves. 

If ownership is serious, they should announce the next manager as soon as possible. At least that way the players have a clear understanding of who is coming in and then hopefully some of the players try to impress the new boss in the remaining games.....as there should be a big clear out in the next transfer window (if we plan on regaining our spot in the top 4). 

On 08/04/2023 at 15:51, DDA said:

People going on about 'No manager can fix this team' 

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY EXPEXTING LAMPARD TO FIX IT??

Fucking embarrassing being a Chelsea fan at the moment it really is...

90% of fanbase want Frank in the dugout so they can sing Suuuuper fucking Frankie all match long.

What happened to our ambition???

These inbred fans want a playing legend to coach the team for VIBES!!??

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU CUNTS.

What the fuck is this it's just ramblings what inbred fans are you referring to and how can anyone slag off their own fans like that ?. Another keyboard warrior who only wants the pleasure of supporting a club none of the pain. Never been to the bridge and never will but if you do spend any of your universal credit and make it to the bridge I'll give you a few pubs where you can and call us inbred cunts see how long you last bruv.

11 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

They would have taken all 3 points (at the death) if it wasn't for Ramsdale. 

Liverpool are well ahead of us, they have a style of play in place and they have attackers in Salah/Jota who can make things happen in and around the box.   If Klopp gets the funds to fix his midfield, they'll be back in the mix for top 3 once again. 

We just wasted a full season for nothing, could have gotten a more experienced manager at the helm instead of jumping aboard the Potter wagon and the 'squad' had enough quality to at least be around the top 6 this season.   Right now, we're in relegation form, the players look afraid to score and the players generally look like they've given up and they're just going through the motions knowing that there's like 9 games left in the season.  I was sort of shocked by the Lampard appointment as he isn't known for his tactical skills........and I get the feeling that the fans won't be too pleased if we continue to put in rubbish performances like the one against Wolves. 

If ownership is serious, they should announce the next manager as soon as possible. At least that way the players have a clear understanding of who is coming in and then hopefully some of the players try to impress the new boss in the remaining games.....as there should be a big clear out in the next transfer window (if we plan on regaining our spot in the top 4). 

Agreed that they are ahead of us in names, team setup, managing, but they have not been ahead of anyone this season.

Football at this level can turn on dime. Look at Xhaka for ex: take a picture of him a few years ago and compare with today. I'm not a fan either way, but the difference in agility, pace, and esp quickness is night and day! He looks leaner and fitter, which was likely a requirement to play in this very mobile system implemented by Arsenal.

yeah with the players we've got, unbalanced squad or not, the club should be doing a lot better considering the overall quality. Just a get a good manager and let him work... Seconded, getting rid of some deadwood is perhaps more important than signing new players atm.

22 hours ago, milka said:

Comparing Havertz against prime Hazard a bit unfair, since the latter could do a lot., and too easily.

Seems daft at this point, but I still can see use for Havert in this squad. Just not as a goalscorer. His all round play has improved a lot in the past few games (holdup and off the ball movement), so I'd like to see how he would play when partnering someone more lethal like Nkunku. Felix is not that player unfortunately.