Chelsea 1-0 Leeds

James

38 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Us and Liverpool were level at one point..now they're 8 points above

What happened at Liverpool and Klopp most likely would've happened with us as well if we kept Tuchel. They we're in a hole and Klopp once again showcased his skills to get them out and perform again, definitely think it would've happened with Tuchel as well if we kept the patience and didn't replace him with that amateur.

57 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

What happened at Liverpool and Klopp most likely would've happened with us as well if we kept Tuchel. They we're in a hole and Klopp once again showcased his skills to get them out and perform again, definitely think it would've happened with Tuchel as well if we kept the patience and didn't replace him with that amateur.

Tuchel didn't get sacked for results, something went on back stage, Simon Jordan has said numerous times if Chelsea fans new what was/had happened they would want him sacked aswell, very professional to actually keep that out of the media as well btw.

56 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Tuchel didn't get sacked for results, something went on back stage, Simon Jordan has said numerous times if Chelsea fans new what was/had happened they would want him sacked aswell, very professional to actually keep that out of the media as well btw.

Intrigued to know what Boehly said to Jordan about sacking Tuchel, or if its Simon Jordan just being Simon Jordan and saying he would do the same.

The shared vision comments Boehly made  earlier in the season were very vague and doesn’t entirely paint an accurate picture. 

I mean we know there was a difference of opinions on transfers but surely not that badly? There had to be much more issues underlying because you wouldn’t expect anybody who is competent to ditch such an elite coach for Graham Potter on small disagreements.

It would be interesting to know what it was exactly because it clears everything up.

Real Madrid struck a Potter spot yesterday.
90 minutes of pressure but they did not create a single chance - Van Der Stegen had an easy day.
The only two chances fell to Barcelona, the goal and another one late in the game.

'I'm fit': Chelsea defender sends message to Graham Potter ahead of Leeds United clash

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/player-quotes/im-fit-Chelsea-defender-sends-message-to-graham-potter-ahead-of-leeds-united-clash/

Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana has provided a positive fitness update following a long-term injury which could prove important amid Thiago Silva’s absence.

Silva is expected to be out for up to six weeks after sustaining a knee ligament injury in Sunday’s defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.

This is a huge blow considering the Brazil international has arguably been Chelsea’s best player this season.

It is perhaps impossible to replace the overall qualities that Silva offers to the team, but defensively, Graham Potter has plenty of reliable centre-back options, including Fofana.

The French defender featured as a substitute in the last two games, including when he had to replace Silva in the first half last weekend, and did quite well on both occasions.

Based on Fofana’s admission, he may even be ready to play the full 90 minutes in the next games.

Chelsea Training Session

“It’s very good, I’m back now. I’m fit,” the former Leicester City man told Chelsea’s Twitter.

“It’s good to be back with the team — I’m very happy.

“I played [in the last] two games and tried to help the team to the maximum, and now I’m pushing to stay fit.”

Speaking about his injury absence, he added: “Four months is very long and very hard.

“Mentally, it’s very hard, but I stay calm, focused, and work hard.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co0JolormT6/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=40747970-9dce-4c20-a8c6-44d97f28ecf8

d0fed6743d01cebefc0b07045223d54f.jpg

Fofana, Trevoh Chalobah, Kalidou Koulibaly, and Benoit Badiashile are the four centre-back options at Potter’s disposal.

Badiashile, in particular, is not registered in the Champions League and is not going to be available for the second leg against Dortmund.

This means he will likely be one of the two or three centre-backs when Chelsea face Leeds at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Man, I genuinely think we could lose again here with this injury news. Silva being out is big but with the CB’s we have I think we’ll be fine. Reece being out when Azpi is also out (not that he was going to help much anyways) is awful. That means Chalobah at RB again 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Not a chance would I pick to lose to Leeds just to sack manger, wtf sort of fan are you, seriously?

One that actually thinks about the long term gain compared to the short sighted one? If this amateur gets sacked we might actually head somewhere unlike right now, where we are wasting our time. Also this match is basically a dead rubber anyways since we aren't getting Europe nor relegated.

I want to win because its Chelsea and I want us to win every game but I also wouldn't feel that gutted with another loss if it meant Potter is shown the closest exit.