Chelsea 1-0 Leeds

James

Shambolic to drop off that quickly after the first 20/30 minutes where we did look really good. High, energetic pressing with chances that should have been buried..... Havertz is fucking me off beyond belief. Wesley Fofana should have out that header in too. Frustrating as fuck to watch.

Got 0-0 or 1-0 Leeds written all over it. Can see the players not got the fight in them. Like they think the game lasts 25 minutes. Embarrassing, but Potter will massage their egos and tell them performances like that are acceptable. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Got 0-0 or 1-0 Leeds written all over it. Can see the players not got the fight in them.

Nothing to do with fight, the confidence is on it's arse, they are scared to get on the ball in the Leeds half.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Nothing to do with fight, the confidence is 9n it's arse, they are scared to get on the ball in the Leeds half.

Confidence also but if your not confident at least do the basics well, win your duels, be hard to play against, win headers etc. Leeds came back into it there last 15-20 minutes causing some issues and will smell blood if we continue like that in the second half. 

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Confidence also but if your not confident at least do the basics well, win your duels, be hard to play against, win headers etc. Leeds came back into it there last 15-20 minutes causing some issues and will smell blood if we continue like that in the second half. 

Confidence will destroy a player, no confidence no basics, only way I can put is it, imagine been terrified of heights and some is telling you to stand on the edge of a 100ft drop and look down, that's what been given the ball feels like when you have no confidence.

Promising first 25 minutes but the way in which we've lost momentum mid half at home to a struggling side is really disappointing.

Leeds have grown into the game and it is giving off the feeling that they'll nick a goal in the second half.

The start of this second half is critical for me. We've looked awful recently at the start of second halves, and I'm hoping having been booed off there's a immediate reaction from the team.

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Shambolic to drop off that quickly after the first 20/30 minutes where we did look really good. High, energetic pressing with chances that should have been buried..... Havertz is fucking me off beyond belief. Wesley Fofana should have out that header in too. Frustrating as fuck to watch.

They dont drop off on purpose.. This is how football works. If you doesnt get a goal after 3-4 very good chances you will get anxious and become passive. If Havertz had score and Felix shot was 10cm lower we would be 2-0 up and eating them alive.

The state of our performances is a mix of midtable Potter and alot of fecking unluck. 

5 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Promising first 25 minutes but the way in which we've lost momentum mid half at home to a struggling side is really disappointing.

Leeds have grown into the game and it is giving off the feeling that they'll nick a goal in the second half.

The start of this second half is critical for me. We've looked awful recently at the start of second halves, and I'm hoping having been booed off there's a immediate reaction from the team.

Been booed off is probably the worst thing for a team with no confidence.

Our players’ heads go and confidence drops off a cliff when they control the game and still can’t score in a brothel. It’s like it says the energy out of them.

Inject some pace into the attack with Mudryk or a focal point that can make the ball stick like Fofana or Auba.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Confidence will destroy a player, no confidence no basics, only way I can put is it, imagine been terrified of heights and some is telling you to stand on the edge of a 100ft drop and look down, that's what been given the ball feels like when you have no confidence.

Look I get having no confidence and not being able to do the hard stuff but basics are basics for a reason. Wanting to win tackles, headers, be compact and press of the ball largely comes down to work ethic.

Not seen anywhere near enough of that under Potter which is why we’re always so easy to play against. And if I am honest we could be flying and we would still concede easy chances and goal’s because of this. Forget confidence, this side has no personality, fight or heart in it. Neither does the manager which I think is where the majority of the issue comes from.

Big changes are needed ASAP to salvage an already fucked up season.

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Look I get having no confidence and not being able to do the hard stuff but basics are basics for a reason. Wanting to win tackles, headers, be compact and press of the ball largely comes down to work ethic.

Not seen anywhere near enough of that under Potter which is why we’re always so easy to play against. And if I am honest we could be flying and we would still concede easy chances and goal’s because of this. Forget confidence, this side has no personality, fight or heart in it. Neither does the manager.

Big changes are needed ASAP to salvage an already fucked up season.

Basic are the hard stuff with no confidence.

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Been booed off is probably the worst thing for a team with no confidence.

Agreed but we need some leaders here. A couple of players willing to take the responsibility. 

I completely understand where you're coming from, but in situations like this you do need someone to step up.

That confidence won't return if everybody goes into hiding.