Chelsea 1-0 Leeds

James

Delighted with the win but it's a small sticking plaster over a gaping wound.

The football is quite tragic to watch, some players are just fucking lazy, Havertz and Sterling being the biggest culprits.

No player was above 6/10 again but that will be masked by 3 points. 

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Weird to be at SB wishing for the whistle at 1-0 -haven't felt like that for years

Against Spurs with Taylor.
But it was only the last ten-twelve minutes, understandable if you are one up against any opposition.
This was 35 minutes of desperation.
Potter must go - this was equivalent to a 0-3 defeat against any medium sized team.

If 1-0 with Leads that gains us nothing will be used as a proof that Potter is a genius, Boehly was right and the machine is gaining speed, and all our problems are gone, I'm in for terminating Fofana's contract this summer 😂

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

This is Enzo when he isn’t even used to the league or his teammates fully yet. Big, BIG player for the future. There are some sloppy giveaways here and there because he’s always trying to make things happen even when they aren’t on but those will get ironed out.

The way he is always looking to either play it forward or ping it out wide to the free man is amazing. He’s like the polar opposite of J5.

When we eventually get Mudryk up to speed and have Nkunku next season, Enzo should be lethal with pace like that to pick out.

11 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

If 1-0 with Leads that gains us nothing will be used as a proof that Potter is a genius, Boehly was right and the machine is gaining speed, and all our problems are gone, I'm in for terminating Fofana's contract this summer 😂

what fofana?

There are short periods of 30 minutes where we play really well with one touch and a lot of movement in attack and then there are moments where you are looking at completely different players

when we find a person who can realize these situations, I believe that things will become easier

It was funny how Potter put every possible defender against 17th Leeds in the last mins 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Chilly, Fofana, and Enzo all very good on the day.

The back 3 is so HUGELY beneficial to Chilly it’s not even funny. He’s a totally different player when he can bomb forward time and time again and Leeds didn’t know what to do with him. Reece will do the same on the other side when he’s back.

If we had someone, anyone who can be a penalty box striker and get in the end of these crosses we’d start scoring goals again. Havertz clearly isn’t it. 

Auba NEEDS to start playing. Been one of the best penalty box predators in the world during his career and he can’t even get a game when we’re dead up front. 

This!

We never have anyone in the box. Opposition Defenders literally have the easiest game against us.

Havertz is clueless as a striker (which he isnt) and so so weak...

8 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I remember when 90% of this forum was crying out for back 4. 🤣🤣

I wouldnt use it anymore. Maybe its some black magic but this club can only be successful with a 3atb. 

7 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

It was never in doubt we would get better results with 3atb but that's not the point. 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

It was never in doubt we would get better results with 3atb but that's not the point. 

The point is win, 3atb 4atb I couldn't care less what formation we play, if 3 atb gets us points I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

The point is win, 3atb 4atb I couldn't care less what formation we play, if 3 atb gets us points I'm all for it.

Exactly. The performance today wasnt any better than in the last few games, the difference is we just win. Im not superstitious in general, but somehow a 3atb just gets us results somehow for the last 6 years. 

11 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

The issue with it before was that it stifled our creativity when Jorginho and a rotating cast of out of form midfielders were in there. Mount was woefully out of form, Chilly and Reece were injured, Fofana injured etc.

With a CM that actually looks to pass the ball forward in Enzo, our wingbacks fit now (fingers crossed with Reece) and multiple CB’s who can carry the ball and pass forward like Fofana and Badiashile this system can work much better. 

With the current personnel we have I much prefer we stick with the back 3. When we get Enzo a proper partner in the summer and some sort of goal scorer up top then perhaps we can move back to a 4.

6 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Exactly. The performance today wasnt any better than in the last few games, the difference is we just win. Im not superstitious in general, but somehow a 3atb just gets us results somehow for the last 6 years. 

Not mention every one bar Felix bads and enzo who started today we basically bought for 3atb