Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Same team with Chilwell, Fofana, Kovacic, Sterling hopefully ready to start for Badiashile, Cucurella, Madueke and RLC.

I think Cucu still gets the start as Chilly is just coming back. He will put in a shift against Brandt/Bellingham like he did against Salah. I think Badman has been one of our best performers so it's a shame we have to drop him. The bigger shame is that we will probably have to play KK as Fofana would be lucky to make the bench.

Kova and Sterling back will be big. We have people to create tap ins for Sterling and Kovacic will complement Enzo for the time being. The problem is neither of them is a natural DM. So unless they share the load and both focus on interceptions I don't see us getting far. I think we need a Kante/Matic type player who will sit behind them and set them free.

Depending on the XI we choose I think this will be a very tight match. Dortmund are in excellent form, yes, but they won’t have faced a team with our talent outside of Bayern in their league. Especially our attacking talent.

Koulibaly coming in from the cold is a big concern but it looks like Kova and Chilly should be good to start so LB & midfield should be much improved from recent performances.

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a back 3 again. Potter hasn't tinkered in a while, and he might try something different for Europe. Especially with an away game and no Badiashile.

Hope not. 

Players need to get used to the system he is trying to implement. Master one before fucking with anything else.