Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we fail to beat bottom of the league Southampton with a caretaker manager, though…..

We failed to beat bottom of league Forest. We will lose to Soton and drop out of CL pretty surely, yet people will buy this bs forever, as a big chunk of our fanbase has clearly accepted the mid-table mentality for whatever reason.

Potter is luckiest man on earth that Boehly has this ultra happily naive approach to football.

The midfield situation needs addressing also. We have got a good mix of players for playing in there but Enzo and Ruben as a pair, without the ball, honestly… they look miles off it. Particularly when guys start running off of them. I don’t know how many times the likes of Can and Bellingham ran into spaces behind them (particularly first half it was like every time they got the ball) but it certainly seemed a lot. Kante is a huge miss for sure. That ability to recover 5-10 metres and get his foot in is a huge huge bonus. I know Enzo is still getting up to speed with his new team mates etc but I am beginning to think maybe having Paredes and De Paul in alongside him for Argentina certainly helped him do his thing. Not sure about at Benfica as didn’t see as many matches but we certainly need to find that right balance and partner for him

Edited by OneMoSalah

If we play like we did today and put away our chances in the second leg, we go through comfortably. 

It is what it is. A win of any sort, actually, a few on the trot regardless of how we play would do us wonders just for confidence and routine. 

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

If we play like we did today and put away our chances in the second leg, we go through comfortably. 

It is what it is. A win of any sort, actually, a few on the trot regardless of how we play would do us wonders just for confidence and routine. 

We haven't put our chances away all season, so you're asking for a miracle at this point.

Ben Chilwell created more chances (3) in 71 minutes against Dortmund than Marc Cucurella has managed to create in his last 8 games (2) in all competitions.

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2023/02/this-astonishing-stat-looks-bad-for-marc-cucurella/

50 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ben Chilwell created more chances (3) in 71 minutes against Dortmund than Marc Cucurella has managed to create in his last 8 games (2) in all competitions.

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2023/02/this-astonishing-stat-looks-bad-for-marc-cucurella/

Cucurella has never taken part in an attacking move.

I was quite happy with tonights performance.We are starting to dominate teams again and playing decent football.

Lack of goals is of course a massive problem.I would rather not have RLC and Havertz any where near the team sheet,but I think slowly but surely we are starting to put round pegs in round holes.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

I was quite happy with tonights performance.We are starting to dominate teams again and playing decent football.

Lack of goals is of course a massive problem.I would rather not have RLC and Havertz any where near the team sheet,but I think slowly but surely we are starting to put round pegs in round holes.

Nice one new guy👍

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

I thought RLC actually had an OK game..... he isn't ever going to be what we really need next to Enzo but he hasn't been that bad the last few games. Havertz though.... I'm done with this fraud.