Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

20 hours ago, Hashishi said:

Who plays upfront for them in this case?

Not a  big loss, he has been horrendous recently and basically dropped out of the first eleven as soon as Haller could walk again

Think Koulibaly will 100% start here. Potter will want to give him a mental boost and if he starts and plays well it could get him back on track.

I’d actually be okay with a back 3 for this as well. Dortmund probably won’t expect and prepare fully for it since we haven’t been using it much lately. Reece and Chilly are MUCH more dangerous in that formation and it could cause BVB all sort of headaches.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think Koulibaly will 100% start here. Potter will want to give him a mental boost and if he starts and plays well it could get him back on track.

I’d actually be okay with a back 3 for this as well. Dortmund probably won’t expect and prepare fully for it since we haven’t been using it much lately. Reece and Chilly are MUCH more dangerous in that formation and it could cause BVB all sort of headaches.

If KK starts, Dortmund will wreck him a new one. If there was one team I would not want an old slow immobile CB to start against it would be BVB. Their fleet footed attackers will run rings around him and Cucurella if GP is daft enough to start him again.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

If KK starts, Dortmund will wreck him a new one. If there was one team I would not want an old slow immobile CB to start against it would be BVB. Their fleet footed attackers will run rings around him and Cucurella if GP is daft enough to start him again.

What are the better alternatives, though? Chalobah hasn’t played in a bit now and I don’t trust him not to make a silly mistake or two. Fofana being thrown straight into the biggest match of our season thus far having been out for 4 months is surely not going to happen. 

I think Potter will trust that a hugely experienced KK will be okay now that he’s been dropped for a while.

Not putting Badiashile in the CL squad is a massive fuck up. Don’t trust any of KK, Fofana or Chalobah in a back 4. Still can’t believe we paid 100m+ for Fofana and KK. Mental. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Really not sure what will happen tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if the atmosphere gets to this lot as we are a bit weak mentally and physically right now.

Kepa, Reece, KK, Silva, Chilwell, Kova, Mount, Enzo, Mudryk, Madueke, Havertz

Think it's a given that Havertz starts, we just have to expect that every game now. 

37 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not putting Badiashile in the CL squad is a massive fuck up. Don’t trust any of KK, Fofana or Chalobah in a back 4. Still can’t believe we paid 100m+ for Fofana and KK. Mental. 

100m?

I wish!

Counting salaries, we are on the books for around £250m just for those two quote possibly perma rinsed CBs. 

Summer 2022 window was a fucking disaster. Likely around half a billion quid committed for what is likely 5 shit buys (CuCu, Auba, KK, Sterling, and W Fofana) 

Quite likely the worst Sr player transfer window in English history, especially as we also lost at least £130-150m on frees and shit sales.

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

100m?

I wish!

Counting salaries, we are on the books for around £250m just for those two quote possibly perma rinsed CBs. 

Summer 2022 window was a fucking disaster. Likely around half a billion quid committed for what is likely 5 shit buys (CuCu, Auba, KK, Sterling, and W Fofana) 

Quite likely the worst Sr player transfer window in English history, especially as we also lost at least £130-150m on frees and shit sales.

Fofana might turn out ok and sterling too

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

So you wouldn't put Mudryk, Enzo or Felix in CL squad?

8 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

So you wouldn't put Mudryk, Enzo or Felix in CL squad?

Would of went for Badiashile over Mudryk tbf but his price tag undoubtedly would of raised a question.

I mean Badiashile and Silva have arguably been our best snd most consistent players of late so its hardly that much of a surprise to say we should have put him in, is it? 

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Really not sure what will happen tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if the atmosphere gets to this lot as we are a bit weak mentally and physically right now.

Kepa, Reece, KK, Silva, Chilwell, Kova, Mount, Enzo, Mudryk, Madueke, Havertz

Think it's a given that Havertz starts, we just have to expect that every game now. 

No Felix? 

Madueke cannot play CL. 

Team traveled to Borussia:

Kepa Arrizabalaga
Enzo Fernandez
Thiago Silva
Mateo Kovacic
Joao Felix
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Marcus Bettinelli
Trevoh Chalobah
Mykhailo Mudryk
Mason Mount
Denis Zakaria
Ben Chilwell
Hakim Ziyech
Conor Gallagher
Reece James
Kalidou Koulibaly
Cesar Azpilicueta
Kai Havertz
Carney Chukwuemeka
Marc Cucurella
Wesley Fofana
Lucas Bergstrom
Lewis Hall

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Would of went for Badiashile over Mudryk tbf but his price tag undoubtedly would of raised a question.

I mean Badiashile and Silva have arguably been our best snd most consistent players of late so its hardly that much of a surprise to say we should have put him in, is it? 

As you said - noone sane would left Mudryk out after we paid so much money on him. And considering Sterling injury we have no other good options to play on the wing.

Just now, ulvhedin said:

As you said - noone sane would left Mudryk out after we paid so much money on him. And considering Sterling injury we have no other good options to play on the wing.

Perhaps but I think keeping our best defensive CB partnership in the CL is more beneficial than a top heavy area of the team where we have 7 or 8 options on paper.

There’s no chance any of the 3 that were chosen were going to be left out. All 3 are potential match winners. Mudryk in particular was extremely impressive in the UCL with Shakhtar and can be a game changer if we can actually get him the ball in space. Which should happen if Cucu doesn’t start today.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

There’s no chance any of the 3 that were chosen were going to be left out. All 3 are potential match winners. Mudryk in particular was extremely impressive in the UCL with Shakhtar and can be a game changer if we can actually get him the ball in space. Which should happen if Cucu doesn’t start today.

Wonder whether Chilwell is fit enough to start.. Hall played in Dev squad during the weekend, so I don't think he is considered in first team selection.