26. Levi Colwill

ZAPHOD2319

52 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wonder if he will get thrown under the bus like Mount if he leaves.

Mount threw himself under the bus. And I doubt it because he’s never played for us and casuals have probably never heard of him 

2 hours ago, lucio said:

Mount threw himself under the bus. And I doubt it because he’s never played for us and casuals have probably never heard of him 

I hope your joking. Most Chelsea fans with half a set of working eyes know who he is. No doubt there will be uproar and he will be graded as a cunt as well 🤣

Edited by OneMoSalah

58 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I hope your joking. Most Chelsea fans with half a set of working eyes know who he is. No doubt there will be uproar and he will be graded as a cunt as well 🤣

A lot of people who follow casually and just watch match of the day aren’t going to know him or care too much.  
can’t compare someone with 0 apps staying at Brighton after his loan with a first team star rejecting a contract and joining a major rival 

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

if he’s gonna act like an ungrateful little wanker like Mount just get rid, enough toxicity in this club pls.

The kid has a contract at Chelsea till 2025, let him show up for pre-season and talk to Poch before we start coming to conclusions about him being toxic. 

Think about why he might me a little resentful and not super enthused at this moment in time. Last summer we binned him off for a 30+ year old Koulibaly without giving him a chance. Then in the very next transfer window we went out and signed another CB who has the same profile as he does (very young, left footed, ball playing CB who plays on the left). So he was probably thinking to himself “why would I return to Chelsea when there are two established left sided CB’s in my way when I can go elsewhere and start?” 

But at least now KK is gone so Colwill should legitimately feel that LCB spot is there for the taking. Plus Thiago will surely be retiring from European football after this season so he’ll be even more solidified in the team from next season on.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Think about why he might me a little resentful and not super enthused at this moment in time. Last summer we binned him off for a 30+ year old Koulibaly without giving him a chance. Then in the very next transfer window we went out and signed another CB who has the same profile as he does (very young, left footed, ball playing CB who plays on the left). So he was probably thinking to himself “why would I return to Chelsea when there are two established left sided CB’s in my way when I can go elsewhere and start?” 

But at least now KK is gone so Colwill should legitimately feel that LCB spot is there for the taking. Plus Thiago will surely be retiring from European football after this season so he’ll be even more solidified in the team from next season on.

This was all Clearlake though. No planning, no direction, nothing. 

With Stewart, Winstanley, Shields, etc all here we actually have some understanding and infrastructure in place. As far as I'm concerned Poch will speak with him and tell him he's going to be involved. Poch's wet dream is having CBs that have a great passing range. 

Not concerned about his situation,just needs to be sure he's not gonna ride the bench all year and with BB out for a while he's probably gonna have a run in the starting lineup for atleast the first month or so.

I think he just doesnt want a situation where he comes out with Chelsea are my dream club only to then be sold. For some young players at Chelsea they may have the football version of "battered wife syndrome" they want to believe they'll be treated right but need to experience it for real before they fully accept it. I'm confident Poch will be good for the right players at our club.

if colwill yields, there's nothing wrong if he doesn't want to make his entire career at Chelsea

if he brings a good 3/4 years and then gets sold for a high price, his bet was already worth it 

Mount, despite everything, was a good sell for a player who only had one year left on his contract and didn't even play very well consistently 

Edited by Mário César

The thing is as well, this interview/quote he gave along the lines of it feels as if we didn’t trust him last summer when we signed another CB? Is that real? If this kid had it in his head he should be nailed on in the squad (and now undisputed starter by sounds of it this season) here before having even kicked a ball for a PL team in a way where it seems like it should of been handed to him, that is also concerning.

We lost 2 experienced CBs last summer in Antonio and Andreas, what did he expect us to do? A club like Chelsea not sign somebody with experience? Yes KK move didn’t work out, it was still the right move to make at the time in the market, or the profile at least - a more proven and experienced player. 

The more and more I read/hear about this kid I hope he’s worth the hassle. I mean he looks good yes but playing at Brighton and u21’s NT is different.

I mean theres a chance its misconstrued but at the same time theres no smoke without fire. If he thinks at his age, with 1 season of PL experience he should be guaranteed to start and will spit the dummy out if not, I know what I’d do. Sell the cunt.

People were adamant to chase Mount out the door and others to prevent a toxicity in the dressing room due to disgruntled players so why is it so different here? Couldn’t care if he’s the prime Messi of CBs, if he’s going to be making huge demands and have unrealistic expectations that he wants Poch to bow down to - get rid of him. Same thing we should of done with Hudson-Odoi now look how that turned out for us.

Edited by OneMoSalah