Florent Malouda

Madmax

IF we are to sell Malouda, then I think we might actually need 2 more wingers. One as a starter. One as back-up/squad player.

Chelsea played 61 games last season. Malouda and Kalou combined to start 37 of those matches. Chelsea have added Hazard, Marin, and possibly De Bruyne at winger and are looking very likely to sign someone else to play the right side. We signed Hazard to start at LW, replacing Kalou's role at the end of last season and signed Marin to replace Malouda's role a while back. Chelsea would be going with Mata, Hazard, Marin, new RW, Sturridge, Ramires, and Meireles for those 3 positions. (And Benayoun/McEachran/Piazon/Kakuta/KDB if they wanted). It's more than enough depth and quality.

IF we are to sell Malouda, then I think we might actually need 2 more wingers. One as a starter. One as back-up/squad player.

Why two? We already have Hazard, Marin and Ramires who can play on the wing. As well as players who can put in a good shift on the wing like Danny, Mata and even Bertrand. So I think one right winger will be enough.

De Bruyne?

Might be going out on loan.

Chelsea played 61 games last season. Malouda and Kalou combined to start 37 of those matches. Chelsea have added Hazard, Marin, and possibly De Bruyne at winger and are looking very likely to sign someone else to play the right side. We signed Hazard to start at LW, replacing Kalou's role at the end of last season and signed Marin to replace Malouda's role a while back. Chelsea would be going with Mata, Hazard, Marin, new RW, Sturridge, Ramires, and Meireles for those 3 positions. (And Benayoun/McEachran/Piazon/Kakuta/KDB if they wanted). It's more than enough depth and quality.

Why two? We already have Hazard, Marin and Ramires who can play on the wing. As well as players who can put in a good shift on the wing like Danny, Mata and even Bertrand. So I think one right winger will be enough.

Was just thinking more along the line of having 2 out and out wingers on both flanks. One as starter and one as backup. Get both of your points on Ramires, Sturridge etc can play out wide but think they would only be used there when needed. However, I did say "I think we might actually need 2 more wingers". Not saying it is a must but just thought having a like for like replacement when necessary would be ideal.

LW: Hazard, Mata, KDB, Ramires

AM: Hazard, Mata, KDB, Meireles

RW: Hazard, Marin, Ramires, Hulk (possibly), Sturridge (when needed).

Plenty of options as long as we get Hulk and keep KDB. We only need to buy Hulk and we'll be set.

agree. only hulk and we are good or any other rw we choose. 433 the formation, or 4231 and we look good squad. obly we loose physical presence for technical migh and speedt, with hazard, marin, hulk and studgr over drogs malouda and kalou. (drogs obvs moost physical by landslide)

what i just noticed typin this is how fukin fast hazard hulk studge ramires from cm will be on counter! (assuming hulk comes anyway)

agree. only hulk and we are good or any other rw we choose. 433 the formation, or 4231 and we look good squad. obly we loose physical presence for technical migh and speedt, with hazard, marin, hulk and studgr over drogs malouda and kalou. (drogs obvs moost physical by landslide)

what i just noticed typin this is how fukin fast hazard hulk studge ramires from cm will be on counter! (assuming hulk comes anyway)

Well on the odd counter because for the most part we won't be playing counter attack football.

Because we suddenly have creative attacking players? I'm not trying to question you at all I'm just curious.

Portugal have Ronaldo and Nani on the wings and they are playing beautiful counter-attacking football at the Euros, I'm just saying with Hazard and possibly Hulk that a counter-attacking system could in theory work quite well.

Common sense?

How is it common sense? I for one have no idea what RDM is going to use next season, hell I don't even know for sure if he will use the 4-2-3-1. Chelsea could play through the wings like ManUtd or play straight through the middle like AC Milan. Possessive or counter? High pressing or deep? Nobody knows this.