Florent Malouda

Madmax

How is it common sense? I for one have no idea what RDM is going to use next season, hell I don't even know for sure if he will use the 4-2-3-1. Chelsea could play through the wings like ManUtd or play straight through the middle like AC Milan. Possessive or counter? High pressing or deep? Nobody knows this.

I'll make a bet with you then, that we won't play counter attacking football. Save this post somewhere so you can come back to it after we see what our style will be. Pretty damn sure counter attacking football will be only used against the likes of Barcelona.

I'll make a bet with you then, that we won't play counter attacking football. Save this post somewhere so you can come back to it after we see what our style will be. Pretty damn sure counter attacking football will be only used against the likes of Barcelona.

Okay, bet accepted.

We played great counter attacking football under Carlo in 09/10. If RDM is trying to get us to play 'better football' then we could easily play direct counter attacking football like Madrid do. The link with Moses also suggests that we might be bringing in two wingers too

I think this is somewhat of a false dichotomy. Labels of style of football are somewhat exaggerated. Every team has to be able to play counter-attack and most teams play a combination of styles. I think it's more of a sliding scale and reacting to the individual game for the vast majority of teams. You look at a team like Real Madrid. They certainly love hitting on the counter attack but they also have the incredible talent in the midfield to build up to goals through clever passing. It's not all Barcelona or Stoke. You really need to do both. That said, losing Drogba and adding Hazard will certainly force Chelsea to play fewer long balls and probably play shorter passes, but you can do that in different styles.

I think this is somewhat of a false dichotomy. Labels of style of football are somewhat exaggerated. Every team has to be able to play counter-attack and most teams play a combination of styles. I think it's more of a sliding scale and reacting to the individual game for the vast majority of teams. You look at a team like Real Madrid. They certainly love hitting on the counter attack but they also have the incredible talent in the midfield to build up to goals through clever passing. It's not all Barcelona or Stoke. You really need to do both. That said, losing Drogba and adding Hazard will certainly force Chelsea to play fewer long balls and probably play shorter passes, but you can do that in different styles.

Hazard and Mata will want to play quicker and more attacking. They'll be very important to our team next year so I can see us playing the way they want and would suit their style. It would also suit the fans and Torres. I just see no reason to stick with the way we were playing the 2nd half of the season.

Hazard and Mata will want to play quicker and more attacking. They'll be very important to our team next year so I can see us playing the way they want and would suit their style. It would also suit the fans and Torres. I just see no reason to stick with the way we were playing the 2nd half of the season.

How do you know what they want? Please don't take offence, but you really have to stop passing off your own deductions as fact.

Rumours are going he might be heading to Vasco in Brazil, if this is true then this year will be grand! We win the Champions League, Bosingwa, Kalou, and Anelka has left. With SloMo gone there will be no Anekalouda!

Rumours are going he might be heading to Vasco in Brazil, if this is true then this year will be grand! We win the Champions League, Bosingwa, Kalou, and Anelka has left. With SloMo gone there will be no Anekalouda!

Epicness!

RDM, Emanolo or whoever it is deserves a great applaud.