Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, iceboy said:

According to Di Marzio next bid is imminent..

Should Chelsea offer €120m (£102.5m) for Lukaku it would be very difficult for Inter to say no. —Lukaku has not yet said No. [

it should be add on clause like €10m for minimum 20 goals in league + €10m for PL/CL Winners,,very stupid if straight cash €120m....

100m !!!

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Absolute robbery for fuck sake LOL

Why is this club incapable of buying the next big thing before they become a next big thing instead of over paying for a player we already had or who is over the hill. 

Madness.

'Impossible': Leboeuf says there's no chance Kounde starts ahead of £29m man at Chelsea

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/impossible-leboeuf-says-theres-no-chance-kounde-starts-ahead-of-29m-man-at-Chelsea/

Arsenal v Chelsea - Pre Season Friendly

Frank Lebouef doubted that Jules Kounde could cement a regular slot over Antonio Rudiger or any of the defenders currently in the Chelsea squad.

Speaking on ESPN, Lebouef questioned where Kounde would fit into the Blues defence if he were to be signed from Sevilla.

The France international is under serious inspection from the Stamford Bridge chain of command.

They have wanted to add a new centre-back to Thomas Tuchel’s roster for some time.

It seems they finally have found their winner in the shape of Sevilla’s sort-after 22-year-old.

But recruiting Kounde will certainly mean displacing one of the players already stationed in Chelsea’s back-line.

Kurt Zouma appears to be out the exit door but heading in the direction of West Ham United instead of Spain.

Even if Zouma did disperse, Tuchel would still have several superstars that served him well last season to try keep happy.

A Jule amongst diamonds

Chelsea v Real Madrid - UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Leg Two

Lebouef felt this may work against Kounde, as he would not be guaranteed a starting position every single week.

He said: “They have lots of players: (Andreas) Christensen, Zouma, (Reece) James, (Cesar) Azpilicueta, Emerson, (Ben) Chilwell, and now maybe Kounde.

“Christensen had a fantastic Euro. Thiago Silva is the skipper of that team.

“You have Azpilicueta who does the job. Nobody deserves to be on the bench at the back of this Chelsea team.

“They did fantastically last season. Do you think it’s normal to put Thiago Silva or Christensen on the bench? I don’t think so.”

Cannot remove Rudiger

Arsenal v Chelsea - Pre Season Friendly

One man in particular who Lebouef insisted would be ahead of Kounde was Rudiger.

“You want to put Rudiger on the bench? Impossible. The guy had a fantastic season. We never thought he would come back at that level.”  

The £29m (BBC) man from Roma was arguably Chelsea’s best performer in the second half of 2020/21.

His return to the team following Tuchel’s appointment looked like a stroke of genius at the time.

In reality, it was quite a simple decision, considering the German’s love for defending.

To dislodge him would simply reverse the good work already in place.

Yet, Rudiger’s contract runs out next June and there is no indication of an extension being offered.

Therefore, Kounde may well be the successor to his throne, if not now, but in the near future.

37 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This idea that Lukaku would/could feast against smaller teams in the league seems like wishful thinking honestly. Those are the very teams that will park the double decker against us and totally negate Lukaku’s biggest strengths.

Ironically, it’s against the bigger teams that also like to press high and force the issue like we do that I can see him bossing. Having both Werner and Lukaku bursting at any defense would be scary.

But for well north of 100m it just feels wrong. If it was £70m I’d reluctantly say that’s fair. Or if he were 22 instead of 28.

Neither would Haaland especially the insane amount of spatial allowance been gifted to him every match in the bundesliga...don't get me wrong I don't want Lukaku here but at the moment it's a beggars wish pegging our season on Werner improving his finishing if Arsenal game is anything to go by and Havertz would be insane this season but he is too young to be expecting such kind of goals output from him...

1 hour ago, Jype said:

I think it's really arrogant for people to think a player like Lukaku is somehow beneath the level of Chelsea as a club, and that the club should be entitled to have a Haaland, Lewandowski or whoever of that caliber.

Lukaku these days is a really good player and I know I'm quite alone with my opinion but I'd really like to see him back if/when Haaland is out of reach. Aside from the very top few strikers in the world Lukaku is about as quaranteed as can be to score +20 goals a season in the PL. Yes he's not a perfect player and yes he has his flaws, but the fact still remains the club desperately need a top class striker and Lukaku fits the bill. I for one am not confident at all about landing Haaland even next year when every top club on Earth will have a go at him.

I've said before that I'm willing to see out the coming season with the current set of players and hope they (especially Werner) can improve in front of goal enough to stay competitive, but that was always assuming Lukaku is off the table as well. If Haaland, Lewandowski etc. are out of the question but Lukaku is within reach, I say go for it.

He is the same as ever. Just that he now plays in a worse league so his touch doesn't look that bad. £100m on him at this point is madness. 

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Inter journo saying we have raise the bid for Lukaku from €100m to €110m.

If I didn't misunderstand the context of the translation, it says Inter have also rejected the 110m bid?

And saw an Inter reply saying that if Kane, Haaland is worth around 150m, then it should be the same at least for Lukaku. 

Just now, Jas said:

If I didn't misunderstand the context of the translation, it says Inter have also rejected the 110m bid?

And saw an Inter reply saying that if Kane, Haaland is worth around 150m, then it should be the same at least for Lukaku. 

Yep, Inter also rejected it.

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

He is the same as ever. Just that he now plays in a worse league so his touch doesn't look that bad. £100m on him at this point is madness. 

He's definitely not the same player as he was in his last season at Man Utd. After the World Cup 2018 he was seriously out of shape and had built up way too much muscle mass, which made him slower and not as agile. Even if that's the only change (which I disagree), him getting on a better diet and training regime has made his physique much more suitable for his playing style.

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

He's definitely not the same player as he was in his last season at Man Utd. After the World Cup 2018 he was seriously out of shape and had built up way too much muscle mass, which made him slower and not as agile. Even if that's the only change (which I disagree), him getting on a better diet and training regime has made his physique much more suitable for his playing style.

so he will swap wonderful northern Italian healthy cuisine for dodgy midnight roti and doubles runs

and 

boom

dbf8b9b2aac611ab253e9864659d163e.jpg

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

so he will swap wonderful northern Italian healthy cuisine for dodgy midnight roti and doubles run

Would think he's learnt his lesson by now, and is keeping with the healthy and professional diet wherever he plays. 😂

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Impossible to say without having taken part in the discussions...

IF it's true that Dortmund would only sell Haaland this year for €200M then it's absolutely crazy money compared to anything Lukaku would go for. Not only would the transfer fee itself be €70-80M more, but also taking into account Raiola and Haaland dad's ridiculous agent fees the difference would easily be a lot more than €100M. We also don't know the wages Haaland would command, earlier there were some silly rumors about him being after a minimum of £400-450K/wk which would no doubt also be 50-100% more than Lukaku's wage.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love having Haaland and I'm sure the club would too. It's been widely reported that Haaland has always been the club's number one target for this summer, so if the transfer doesn't happen then it was clearly never a realistic signing to begin with and the club have abandoned the pursuit because it's either not financially viable or Dortmund just really don't want to sell. If Haaland is off the table, Lukaku is a great alternative.

Of course, you could say that about any transfer really or rumour, none of us work for the club etc. even the figures you've quoted there are within a measure of whats been rumoured, first it was €130m, then £130m, then... xyz, so on and so forth. We don't know the wages that Lukaku would command either, being arguably the top striker in an under performing league for two years. We are UCL winners, we are not short of money, we are doing an awful job at offloading hangers on and we are losing some talent in the process.. Its shaping up to be a very disappointing summer on the back of a huge elation with us, yet again, not backing a winning manager. Also, I am so so so disappointed we haven't backed Tuchel so far, he is by far, personality wise and coaching wise, my favourite coach. I'd hope we learnt from our Conte debacle, yes difficult prickly manager, but he took us to a league title none of us thought we'd be in for that year.

Bottom line, nobody knows the figures, but what has been quoted so far, to me, a fan on a forum, believes that we could achieve with our financial muscle. Considering Haaland would give us years at the top level being so young, its a safer long term investment than say, as I said, Lukaku who has played since he was young, had fitness issues and arguably has 2-3 years left, with us losing Alonso potentially, in the process.