Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Why should the board care now? They didn't care when Conte delivered the title and he wanted VVD, if it's not possible to get a top striker, it's not possible nothing personal against Tuchel, he must understand the future of this club is important as well, and aside that if Lukaku doesn't work what will happen, will he blame the board they delivered the wrong striker to him? Will he want another one? The truth is if a top striker is available, expensive or not go for it and get it for him of course, he deserves it but if such a top class striker isn't available what can you do aside waiting until one gets available?

Also Tuchel might be a top class coach but his record in the transfer market is poor, I wouldn't trust him in the market.

Never mind Conte, the club didn't even back Mourinho back in 2015 after winning the League Cup and Premier League. If the club didn't back our most successful manager in terms of trophies won, then should we surprised if they are doing the same with others? 

That said, I don't even think this is "not backing the manager" case. Sure, the manager will have input but the club have always acted on what they see is best for the club (the rights and wrongs of their decisions are another debate). Ultimately, what they say goes. It's precisely why we wanted a German manager and why we got someone like Tuchel in because they are used to working with this model at a club. It's similar to Klopp at Liverpool where he will get to have his say but at the end of day, the club are the ones that make the final call and the manager has to work with whatever he's given. 

As for Lukaku, yes he's a striker but are the club really that desperate to spend 100 million+ on a 28-year-old with no resale value? It seems to go against their recent transfer policy and it will rule us out entirely of getting Haaland next year, even if the odds don't favor us of getting him then. 

9 hours ago, Jas said:

over £100m in cash and player value is madness for Lukaku, especially as it is mostly cash

and as Inter have turned it down, IF we do do the deal it will likely be over £120m

he turns 30yo in the 2022-23 season (at the end)

he is a huge, bulky player, utterly dependent on his burst speed, which will quite possibly start to go by then

Thinking back to my post yesterday about Lukaku's arrival forcing us to a back 4, thinking about it properly, could it actually be that Puli's appearance at wingback at The Emirates won't be a one off?

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

over £100m in cash and player value is madness for Lukaku, especially as it is mostly cash

and as Inter have turned it down, IF we do do the deal it will likely be over £120m

he turns 30yo in the 2022-23 season (at the end)

he is a huge, bulky player, utterly dependent on his burst speed, which will quite possibly start to go by then

Agree, for example Aubameyang is only 32 but pretty much already in decline since last year.

Edited by Blues Forever

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Well to be fair...it's probably driven by frustration too.

No 'real' news about the club seriously going in for Haaland, and then all of a sudden the club seems ready to move mountain and earth to get Lukaku of all players

That's ironic in itself.

It's easier to go test a club if they have financial issues (but doesn't mean they will budge) compared to one that doesn't like Dortmund. 

Maybe it was just a natural flow of events or coincidence but everything that happened yesterday seems rather "coordinated". First, Simon Johnson's article on Lukaku was published in the morning - saying there had been two bids and a third one may follow. Then, Matt Law popped up in the afternoon and also said the club are going after Lukaku and later in the night, we got reports, which came out after the press embargo time, from Italy that Inter have rejected our bid (our third one if you believe Simon Johnson). It all feels like someone just sat down and decided to write a script on this. 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Thinking back to my post yesterday about Lukaku's arrival forcing us to a back 4, thinking about it properly, could it actually be that Puli's appearance at wingback at The Emirates won't be a one off?

Tuchel said that he could play him there in the future but he also said that he played Pulisic at RWB because Azpi and James weren't ready/back yet and it was an opportunity to give him more pre-season minutes to build fitness etc. Now one could argue that he could have Zappacosta there but we know he's not going to stay and there's no point in Tuchel focusing too much on him. 

56 minutes ago, Jas said:

Hey, everyone's favorite Belgian journalist is back...

What will he do when the golden generation are gone, back to obscurity. He used to annoy the hell out of me with his Eden interviews and quotes about transfers etc. way before he even got a move.

Edited by DH1988

1 minute ago, DH1988 said:

What will he do when the golden generation are gone, back to obscurity. He used to annoy the hell out of me with his Eden interviews and quotes about transfers etc. way before he even got a move.

😅 At least he's reliable. 

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Tuchel said that he could play him there in the future but he also said that he played Pulisic at RWB because Azpi and James weren't ready/back yet and it was an opportunity to give him more pre-season minutes to build fitness etc. Now one could argue that he could have Zappacosta there but we know he's not going to stay and there's no point in Tuchel focusing too much on him. 

The problem is with Lukaku in i just don't see where else his minutes (that will satisfy him) will come from.

Whether people like it or not Werner and Mount are crucial to TT's system, Kai is the golden boy and Rom whether i like it or not isn't coming to ride the bench. Those 4 between them will be hogging the largest parts of the minutes.

That combined with our clear willingness to let Marcos and Emerson go with no substantial LB link makes me wonder, tbh as @NikkiCFC said i think it could actually work against certain opposition, especially with how conservative our CM's are.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The problem is with Lukaku in i just don't see where else his minutes (that will satisfy him) will come from.

Whether people like it or not Werner and Mount are crucial to TT's system, Kai is the golden boy and Rom whether i like it or not isn't coming to ride the bench. Those 4 between them will be hogging the largest parts of the minutes.

I don't disagree with that point at all but wouldn't that also be the case if we get Haaland anyway?

There are also rumors that the club may be open to selling Ziyech and/or CHO. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That combined with our clear willingness to let Marcos and Emerson go with no substantial LB link makes me wonder, tbh as @NikkiCFC said i think it could actually work against certain opposition, especially with how conservative our CM's are.

Would like to think that we are not that dumb to sell both LBs in the same window. One may go but not both. 

8 hours ago, Hermione said:

In a year that Serbian kid, Isak or the 2 kids at Salzburg might develop into really good strikers, even if we miss out on Haaland someone else better than Lukaku might show up, if we get Lukaku we're practically giving up on Havertz having teammates that are just as good as him to combine with and will be a one or two man show as it was with Hazard.

Vlahovic is deffo the way to go

Patson Daka was sold to Leicester by Salzburg 5 weeks ago

this is all they have for CF's, and the top one, Koita, is out till next year with a ripped up knee, plus he is a dwarf, like an inch or so taller than Messi

e9d47d29e83638d848face704eadb2cd.png

If we are going to by a teen striker the we should be all over 

dcc75ad30e90279e89a9d96626d76e37.png

finally,

Isak's new release clause is €90m 

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/transfers/liverpool-target-signs-new-contract#:~:text=Despite all the interest in,at a staggering €90million.

20b1a7f64efdde73c4e870aa286ca43d.png

https://as.com/futbol/2021/07/01/primera/1625154607_222746.html?smm=CM_ES_TW&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1625156421

3334329ab6b300f7d1d2e1fb5806ae2a.png