Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

49 minutes ago, Jas said:

- On Haaland, nothing new. Nothing is happening. Both clubs' position is clear. We want him but no inclination from Dortmund that they would sell Haaland this summer. All depends on how long we want to drag out the interest this summer before going for alternatives (if we haven't already).

lets hope by doing nothing that the situation will change 🤡

4 minutes ago, Jas said:

You mentioned those players and yet earlier you said it’s almost impossible to sign Haaland without being the Champions of Europe.

Being league champions or European Champions is great and all but things could go either way when it comes to attracting players. Jorginho, for example, rejected City for us (largely due to Sarri) even though they were the English champions back then.

Easy to say that about Haaland when he’s still in the Bundesliga and not in the Premier League. I mean, his goalscoring record is great and all but it’s easy to forget that he’s still only 21 years old and he still is not the finished article. He still also hasn’t challenged for the league title or led a team to the league title in a major league. Not advocating for Lukaku here but compared to Haaland, he has all the experience and has actually led a side to the title in a major league (whether people think Serie A is crap or not is another debate altogether). 

He also dominated in the CL tbf. I just don’t think there’s any risk at all of him struggling. He just seems like someone who is ultra confident and has a monster mentality. I can’t imagine him pulling a Werner or Torres and having their confidence sapped like that.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

He also dominated in the CL tbf. I just don’t think there’s any risk at all of him struggling. He just seems like someone who is ultra confident and has a monster mentality. I can’t imagine him pulling a Werner or Torres and having their confidence sapped like that.

The point isn't about struggling but needing time to adapt to the league etc (Havertz anyone?). Werner's issue was not really the adaptation but the conversion rate, which can happen in any league. 

And would you have said that about Werner this time last year anyway? Everyone is always confident in life when things are going well until they don't. 

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

God, i really thought the days of panicking we were going to resign Lukaku were over.

Yes he will score goals but we will be a worse overall team (compared to what we've seen under TT so far).

Can't see the move for Lukaku happening, mainly due to the finances involved and for someone that will have no resale value whatsoever. 

I don’t understand why people are buying the Lukaku rumours?

Seems like a smokescreen to me

I doubt Chelsea would pay 90-100m for a 28 year old and give him a 5 year contract with wages like 300k-350k a week

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If only we could sell off our first team deadwood as effectively as we are our highly prized youth prospects.

Not going to happen. It is kind of like a Barca situation but with lower figures. I mean seriously, where are we finding a crack head who will pay any of the following wages: 

Kepa - £170k a week

Baka - £110k a week

Drinky - £100k a week

Batsh*t - £110k a week

RLC - £120k a week

Barkley - £100k a week

I am sorry, but those players above are sunk costs, we are not getting a fee for them, because no one is insane enough to pay those wages. At best we get a loan with wages covered, however most will require subsidised wages and forget about a loan fee. 

Then you also have the following players who we may be able to get a small fee/small loan fee for (but we have trouble as other teams know we have a weak hand in negotiations): 

Zappa - £80k a week

Emerson - £50k a week

In total, those 8 players cost us £850k a week or £44.2m a year.

That is also before you get to people like Alonso (I actually count him as usable so don't mind him, but I know others do), Baba, Baker, Miazga and Sarr who probably push us past the £1m a week/£52m a year stage. That is essentially all our transfer income so far, maintaining their wages. 

People talk about these players as rubbish/deadwood but forget that other teams will see them as not great either and won't go anywhere near their wages as a result and/or hardball us. 

The youth players are a complete different kettle of fish, they all have low wages, have a lot of potential upside and can be had for low fees. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Not going to happen. It is kind of like a Barca situation but with lower figures. I mean seriously, where are we finding a crack head who will pay any of the following wages: 

Kepa - £170k a week

Baka - £110k a week

Drinky - £100k a week

Batsh*t - £110k a week

RLC - £120k a week

Barkley - £100k a week

I am sorry, but those players above are sunk costs, we are not getting a fee for them, because no one is insane enough to pay those wages. At best we get a loan with wages covered, however most will require subsidised wages and forget about a loan fee. 

Then you also have the following players who we may be able to get a small fee/small loan fee for (but we have trouble as other teams know we have a weak hand in negotiations): 

Zappa - £80k a week

Emerson - £50k a week

In total, those 8 players cost us £850k a week or £44.2m a year.

That is also before you get to people like Alonso (I actually count him as usable so don't mind him, but I know others do), Baba, Baker, Miazga and Sarr who probably push us past the £1m a week/£52m a year stage. That is essentially all our transfer income so far, maintaining their wages. 

People talk about these players as rubbish/deadwood but forget that other teams will see them as not great either and won't go anywhere near their wages as a result and/or hardball us. 

The youth players are a complete different kettle of fish, they all have low wages, have a lot of potential upside and can be had for low fees. 

This is just so painful to read. Obv they got their fat contract before Corona but I really hope it has taught the board a lesson not handing those out to mediocre players. I really don't think it was necessary to pay kepa, barkley, bakaoyko and drinkwater this much to convince them to come here. it is not that there were too many other suitors in for them.

Wonder how we’d even line up with if we bought Rice. All summer people have been talking about Jorginho as an outside Balon D’or candidate (which is silly, tbf) and he has been a key player for club and country. Would be extremely harsh to just bench him and he’s way too good to simply be a squad player getting the odd game. Kante is a nailed on starter of course.

So where would he play? Even if we were to switch formation to a 4-3-3 to fit all 3 of Rice, Kante, and J5 we’d be leaving out someone extremely important in attack like Mount. Not to mention Kova would find minutes harder to come by and he’s always great to have in the biggest games.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder how we’d even line up with if we bought Rice. All summer people have been talking about Jorginho as an outside Balon D’or candidate (which is silly, tbf) and he has been a key player for club and country. Would be extremely harsh to just bench him and he’s way too good to simply be a squad player getting the odd game. Kante is a nailed on starter of course.

So where would he play? Even if we were to switch formation to a 4-3-3 to fit all 3 of Rice, Kante, and J5 we’d be leaving out someone extremely important in attack like Mount. Not to mention Kova would find minutes harder to come by and he’s always great to have in the biggest games.

For all the talk of Jorginho as a Ballon D'Or candidate, he was not even a lock in the XI under Tuchel. Didn't Kovacic and Kante start a bunch of games?