Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I really don’t care for the loss of academy players, the chances they become great players are rare. Just hope the club has mitigated their risk; you don’t want cases like Salah,KDB, Lukaku(even thought I don’t rate him), etc. where they become fantastic players elsewhere.

Wonder what is causing them to all leave in unison.

29 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Lampard wanted Rice, and all the target he was aiming for have come good. 

So I trust Lampard in that. Not as good as manager but good at spotting talent. 

I mean if it wasn't for Lampard we wouldn't have Mount. 

If Lampard, the club and now Tuchel are on board with Rice then I'm happy with that. 

Tbf to Frank I think he is good at spotting players and helping them improve he just needs to work on the tactical side of his management. 

11 minutes ago, DDA said:

Apparently Timo Werner is open to a move away with being part of the deal to secure Haaland. 

🤔

This new? Or this continuing on from last weeks MARCA article? 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Apparently Timo Werner is open to a move away with being part of the deal to secure Haaland. 

🤔

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This new? Or this continuing on from last weeks MARCA article? 

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It is old reporting rehashed that was debunked.

And ESPN went and talked about it like it's some sort of true story...

Werner literally spoke at length in May on why we doesn't want to leave, despite his struggles last season. 

If anything is gonna change, it'll be from the club side but nothing has come from the club side, nothing has been said by Matt Law, Simon Johnson etc. It also doesn't make sense wanting to sell him when the club and Tuchel are actively trying to get rid of Abraham. 

7 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

This is getting some legs

It's only getting legs if someone is gonna actually make a move. Right now, we're in an "interesting" scenario with Abraham.

1. If Arsenal want him, they will have to sell players first - e.g. Lacazette - or otherwise, they won't be able to afford him. It's said that they want Abraham on loan but the club want to sell for £40 million.

2. Instead of selling to a direct rival, the club may use Abraham in a cash + player swap deal instead for Rice.

3. Matt Law said that the club don't want to sell Abraham without knowing that we will be able to sign a striker first and they also don't want to commit to a big deal for a striker without someone will take Abraham of us. 

It feels like something needs to happen for the domino pieces to fall...

Bayern would sort of be in a similar position as we are if they sold us Lewa. All of the strikers you would imagine they’d want to replace him with are £100m+ players and they never spend that sort of cash.

Makes zero sense for them to let him go this summer. They’re most certainly positioning themselves for Haaland next year where they can sign away a German rivals best player like they always do.

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I’m not trusting Law at the moment. He is the only one stating we are interested in Rice. 

Err, Simon Johnson has also said it? Nizaar Kinsella for Goal? Jacob Steinberg for Guardian? That ExWhuEmployee fella? 

3 hours ago, Jype said:

Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta and Emerson all have just a year left on their high wage contracts though.

While those players are not good enough to play for Chelsea they are still good enough to play for many top flight clubs around European leagues. 

Assuming there are clubs who consider them good enough to play for them and are willing to pay market value transfer fees for these players with reasonable wages, Chelsea should only really have to subsidise the wages for the first year at their new club so in other words till the end of their current deals.

Surely the players themselves know they're not going to get wages like that anywhere else now that their stock has plummeted in recent years, so let's say they accept a 5 year deal at £50K/wk at their new club. Chelsea will pay the difference (£50-70K/wk) for the first year and after that they only receive the lower wage from their new club. That way the buying club will get the players on wages they're happy to pay and can even pay a fair transfer fee for the players (most should vary from around €5M-15M).

The real problem are players still on long-term deals like Kepa who still has four years left. No one is going to pay him as much as he currently makes and it's also difficult for Chelsea to subsidise the high wages for four years without getting anything in return. Most of the others on the list (especially Zappa, Drinkwater, Bakayoko) have been such problems before but are currently nearing the end of their contracts so it should be getting a lot easier to shift them.

Emerson and Zappa are slightly different, which is why I had them on a separate list. Those two may get a fee and a sale. The other three, no chance. 

I mean let's look at them: 

Drinky - possibly and alcoholic with mental health issues. No one is touching him.

Batsh*t - A CF that cannot do anything bar put the ball in the net. However, last season he only scored one goal for Palace and was behind Benteke and Ayew. Who is touching him at even £5m? Another problem is where he wants to go. Brugges apprantly offered us a fee and he rejected it as he thought he was to good to go there. 

Baka - One of the single worse seasons in Chelsea history and then has not convinced three teams to take him. No chance he leaves. 

29 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Emerson and Zappa are slightly different, which is why I had them on a separate list. Those two may get a fee and a sale. The other three, no chance. 

I mean let's look at them: 

Drinky - possibly and alcoholic with mental health issues. No one is touching him.

Batsh*t - A CF that cannot do anything bar put the ball in the net. However, last season he only scored one goal for Palace and was behind Benteke and Ayew. Who is touching him at even £5m? Another problem is where he wants to go. Brugges apprantly offered us a fee and he rejected it as he thought he was to good to go there. 

Baka - One of the single worse seasons in Chelsea history and then has not convinced three teams to take him. No chance he leaves. 

Yeah Drinkwater I definitely agree on. Nobody is going to take him, and the best we can hope for is a loan that covers even a portion of his salary.

Bakayoko on the other hand, despite being a total train wreck at Chelsea (3-4 years ago) has been a regular starter at all his loan clubs Milan, Napoli and Monaco who are all UEL-UCL level clubs in top leagues. Previous years he might have been unsellable because the club still had too much amortisation value left (so club couldn't afford to take a big one-off hit) and his contract may have been too big for potential buyers but I would be really surprised if there are no takers for him at €10-15M. During his loans he's not been anywhere near as bad as that one season in a Chelsea shirt, and in fact I've even heard he's been actually quite decent most of the time.

Edited by Jype

41 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yeah Drinkwater I definitely agree on. Nobody is going to take him, and the best we can hope for is a loan that covers even a portion of his salary.

Bakayoko on the other hand, despite being a total train wreck at Chelsea (3-4 years ago) has been a regular starter at all his loan clubs Milan, Napoli and Monaco who are all UEL-UCL level clubs in top leagues. Previous years he might have been unsellable because the club still had too much amortisation value left (so club couldn't afford to take a big one-off hit) and his contract may have been too big for potential buyers but I would be really surprised if there are no takers for him at €10-15M. During his loans he's not been anywhere near as bad as that one season in a Chelsea shirt, and in fact I've even heard he's been actually quite decent most of the time.

If anyone was offering €10-€15m for him he would already be gone.