Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, whats happening said:

they are really stupid. turning down 120-140 millions just to sell him later for 75. like they have a chance at winning anything other than the german cup.

Is it that simple? His buy out is €75m and it is rumoured we would do €150m. So, it is a €75m gap. 

However, CL qualification is worth €50m, his image rights are probably worth quite a bit, his social media following is rather high too and is probably valued. Then there are shirt sales etc etc. 

So, that additional €75m may not be seen as worth the risk. 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Is it that simple? His buy out is €75m and it is rumoured we would do €150m. So, it is a €75m gap. 

However, CL qualification is worth €50m, his image rights are probably worth quite a bit, his social media following is rather high too and is probably valued. Then there are shirt sales etc etc. 

So, that additional €75m may not be seen as worth the risk. 

count out his wages too. how much would they save? even if they bring someone in his place.

idk, if i was them i would sell him now for sure money. also, you never know with injuries. 

7 minutes ago, whats happening said:

count out his wages too. how much would they save? even if they bring someone in his place.

idk, if i was them i would sell him now for sure money. also, you never know with injuries. 

I don't necessarily disagree, but Dortmund are a well run club, so they know what they're doing most of the time. 

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tchomeni or Traore for example. They’re at small clubs who are traditionally selling clubs. Monaco and Wolves consistently sell their best players every season. Shouldn’t be a massive effort to sign these players.

We need a striker, a DM/CM, and a RWB rotation option. If the striker hunt is going to drag all window long I wish we’d at least plug the other holes in the meantime.

Not sure if Traore is high on the priority list given we still got James, Azpi and even CHO for the RWB spot. 

Think the club and Tuchel both want Rice and if we can't get him, we might then turn to Tchouameni. 

13 minutes ago, Jas said:

Not sure if Traore is high on the priority list given we still got James, Azpi and even CHO for the RWB spot. 

Think the club and Tuchel both want Rice and if we can't get him, we might then turn to Tchouameni. 

Negotiating with West Ham for their best player should be fun… 😬

Apparently we have indeed inquired about Kalajdzic at Stuttgart. 30m would be the price. They are in no need to sell but are realistic to see that it is the last year they will get serious money for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up5ZkWIvhYU

11 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

How come suddenly our academy boys are all signing for PL-clubs first teams? What did I miss?

Since our average squad age is about 24/25, most of the players want a easier route into the first team. Like Lamptey last season, Livra, Bate and MPH have an easier time getting into Brighton, Leeds and Brentford respectively. 

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Apparently we have indeed inquired about Kalajdzic at Stuttgart. 30m would be the price. They are in no need to sell but are realistic to see that it is the last year they will get serious money for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up5ZkWIvhYU

Nah, this is Chelsea doing marketing for Kalajdzic to make Dortmund think they should replace Haaland this summer with him. We probably have info that they are following him. 

Honestly I find the whole youngsters exodus so ridiculous, when pathing to the first team has never been more viable and potential, we have some of our talent go elsewhere. Yet years gone by we’ve had youngsters stick around on the ‘hope’ of getting a chance.

We have more academy players in the first team squad and picture now than ever before.

Cannot wait to see some of them tumble down the leagues and end up giving an interview on talk sport about how they just ‘knew’ they wouldn’t get a chance at Chelsea blah blah blah.

Some of us can take real joy in seeing Mason Mount in a Chelsea shirt lifting the CL trophy. It’s a shame some of our young crop don’t have the same stomach.

Edited by DH1988

35 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Honestly I find the whole youngsters exodus so ridiculous, when pathing to the first team has never been more viable and potential, we have some of our talent go elsewhere. Yet years gone by we’ve had youngsters stick around on the ‘hope’ of getting a chance.

We have more academy players in the first team squad and picture now than ever before.

Cannot wait to see some of them tumble down the leagues and end up giving an interview on talk sport about how they just ‘knew’ they wouldn’t get a chance at Chelsea blah blah blah.

Some of us can take real joy in seeing Mason Mount in a Chelsea shirt lifting the CL trophy. It’s a shame some of our young crop don’t have the same stomach.

Mount and James are separate  from the rest given their mental aptitude. They’ve always had it and no surprise they are starters/regulars. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue