Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

He looks like someone who would’ve been a Jürgen Klopp dream signing if he had stayed at Liverpool this summer.

When Salah was linked with Saudi move I thought for sure Neto would be replacement. And he was linked with them. 

Man, I hope the Osimhen stuff doesn’t drag until the deadline. If the club still wants another striker after Omorodion but are refusing to pay Osimhen’s wages then just move on ASAP to the next target. 

Ordinarily, you’d think this would be a super simple deal to get done. We have someone Napoli’s manager desperately wants, that player badly wants to go there, and Napoli have something we really want which is an undisputed number 1 striker. 

I don’t think the transfer fee is much of an issue any longer because Napoli have significantly lowered their asking price by all accounts. So this big holdup has to be our club desperately trying to get Osimhen to lower his wage demands to something they deem reasonable. 

What we absolutely DON’T want is this dragging all the way to the deadline, having no real fall back option, and then PSG or Arse jump in and snag him.

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

When Salah was linked with Saudi move I thought for sure Neto would be replacement. And he was linked with them. 

I think their head football operations guy & directors of football, Michael Edwards and the other guy they appointed from Bournemouth might have decided against due to injury record. I think they may want an attacker for that right side incase Salah goes down but by sounds of it, isn’t a huge priority as they want a 6 and a CB. Their record with signing players with bad injury records also has been pretty good. Can’t remember one really bad one.

Its still 50/50 for us also with Neto in terms of him justifying his fee mainly for injuries. If he ends up like Reece has this last few seasons for instance, playing only so many games, it won’t look like a good deal. Hes talented though so lets hope it works

Edited by OneMoSalah

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Man, I hope the Osimhen stuff doesn’t drag until the deadline. If the club still wants another striker after Omorodion but are refusing to pay Osimhen’s wages then just move on ASAP to the next target. 

Ordinarily, you’d think this would be a super simple deal to get done. We have someone Napoli’s manager desperately wants, that player badly wants to go there, and Napoli have something we really want which is an undisputed number 1 striker. 

I don’t think the transfer fee is much of an issue any longer because Napoli have significantly lowered their asking price by all accounts. So this big holdup has to be our club desperately trying to get Osimhen to lower his wage demands to something they deem reasonable. 

What we absolutely DON’T want is this dragging all the way to the deadline, having no real fall back option, and then PSG or Arse jump in and snag him.

I think we will take Osimhen if a bargain presents itself and we will go with Jackson and the two new guys if it doesn’t. There is no pressure on the deal from our side atm and for once we are in a good position. 

I'm not convinced by club's current signings philosophy, but there is some philosophy indeed and Osimhen would stick out radically. He has some reputation, a lot of big clubs were after him last year, was priced >100 million at some point and is 25 or 26 already. Clearlake doesn't learn a slightest bit, but they seem to be traumatized after buying bigger names in the beginning and they surely know how Lukaku came to be here. Would be quite surprised if this move went through.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think their head football operations guy & directors of football, Michael Edwards and the other guy they appointed from Bournemouth might have decided against due to injury record. I think they may want an attacker for that right side incase Salah goes down but by sounds of it, isn’t a huge priority as they want a 6 and a CB. Their record with signing players with bad injury records also has been pretty good. Can’t remember one really bad one.

Its still 50/50 for us also with Neto in terms of him justifying his fee mainly for injuries. If he ends up like Reece has this last few seasons for instance, playing only so many games, it won’t look like a good deal. Hes talented though so lets hope it works

There's been talk about Kubo.

Chelsea defender Trevoh Chalobah training away from first team

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5692506/2024/08/10/Chelsea-trevoh-chalobah-training/

Screenshot-2024-08-10-at-12.50.42-e17232

Trevoh Chalobah is training away from the Chelsea first team with his future looking increasingly likely to be away from the club.

The central defender was left out of Enzo Maresca’s squad for the pre-season tour of the United States and has not rejoined the main group since their return to the country earlier this week.

The 25-year-old only signed a new long-term contract in November 2022 but the club hierarchy now see Wesley Fofana, Axel Disasi and summer signing Tosin Adarabioyo as ahead of him as right-sided centre-backs.

Highly-rated academy prospect Josh Acheampong is also considered an option as an alternative to club captain Reece James and Malo Gusto at right back.

Romelu Lukaku and Armando Broja are also training away from the main group as Chelsea look for a solution for them before the window closes at the end of this month.

The club’s position is they do not want to disrupt Maresca’s training sessions and preparations for the new season by bloating the group with players who are no longer in their plans and would prefer for them to instead focus on securing moves away.

Chalobah has turned down several opportunities to leave Chelsea in the last 18 months, including a £25m move to Nottingham Forest last summer.

He has made 80 appearances in all competitions for his boyhood club while also spending time on loan at Ipswich Town, Huddersfield Town and French club Lorient.

A hamstring injury sidelined Chalobah for much of last season before he forced his way into the starting team for the closing stretch of the campaign under former boss Mauricio Pochettino.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think it's transfer fee and wages (I did see reports of him and his agent wanting close to 300k a week earlier in the window). 

I do wonder what Napoli have set as his asking price, if it's in the 50 million range, Arteta would be all over it.  

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea defender Trevoh Chalobah training away from first team

That's not a surprise, why would he be training with the first team after being left off the US tour?    Same with Lukaku.

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Napoli are finished man. Don't even want to let them have Rom tbh.

Let them wallow in the situation they have created for themselves.

Should lowball them and say straight swap only. 

14 hours ago, Pizy said:

VO has disaster written all over him. Personally, I hope Napoli find a buyer elsewhere then take Lukaku. 

Also, PSG and Arse will not all of a sudden 'jump in'. It is clear Napoli also want rid of VO a want Lukaku of all people. If so many people wanted VO it would be easier for Napoli to sell him to one of them then buy Lukaku rather than feck about with Clearlake with a double deal. 

8 hours ago, Thor said:

Should lowball them and say straight swap only. 

Yeah, this is the only deal I would accept and that is only because it gets rid of Lukaku. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, this is the only deal I would accept and that is only because it gets rid of Lukaku. 

I've warmed to the idea of VO over time, but I think it is quite telling that very few big teams, if any, are in for him. 

I mean at this point - he isn't much more if at all than Solanke, and Spuds went off and signed Solanke instead... 

38 minutes ago, Thor said:

I've warmed to the idea of VO over time, but I think it is quite telling that very few big teams, if any, are in for him. 

I mean at this point - he isn't much more if at all than Solanke, and Spuds went off and signed Solanke instead... 

Most of the big teams don’t really have a burning need for a super expensive #1 striker at the moment. City are set there, Bayern are set there, Barca are, Real Madrid don’t even play with a traditional striker, and United have Hojlund + Zirkzee now. That really just leaves PSG and ourselves as well as Arse as a dark horse.

I don’t think big teams are staying away because they don’t rate him highly, it’s just bad timing for a marquee striker to be available. Well, that plus his huge wages.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Most of the big teams don’t really have a burning need for a super expensive #1 striker at the moment. City are set there, Bayern are set there, Barca are, Real Madrid don’t even play with a traditional striker, and United have Hojlund + Zirkzee now. That really just leaves PSG and ourselves as well as Arse as a dark horse.

I don’t think big teams are staying away because they don’t rate him highly, it’s just bad timing for a marquee striker to be available. Well, that plus his huge wages.

I think if the striker is good enough you bring them in regardless. It is one of those positions no matter what you bring someone in. 

BREAKING: Crystal Palace are ready to move for Carney Chukwuemeka. They would pay over £20m. #CPFC #CFC

(via @reluctantnicko)