Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, Strike said:

Time to retire this theory. Caicedo, Lavia, Nkunku, Mudryk etc signed when there was no European football. 

I didn't say it was impossible. I just said it's more difficult. Which is true.

You won't be able to get everyone to come by just paying big bucks. Not everyone is like Mudryk.

And sooner or later, Chelsea won't be able to pay those big bucks, the longer it stays out of top European competition. This is the first time in a long time the club has been out of the top European places for back to back seasons.

Chelsea are in talks to sign 19-year-old defender Aaron Anselmino from Boca Juniors. A bid has gone in and the idea is that he would join Strasbourg on a season-long loan deal. 

if we are not willing to pay around £200 to 225K PW for Olise

not a chance we will likely make a move for (talking CBs now):

Ronald Araujo  
Alessandro Bastoni   
Matthijs de Ligt (do not want him anyway)

anytime soon

leaving (Scalvini is injured and out until 2025) my main targets:

Bremer  
Leny Yoro 
António Silva 
Jean-Clair Todibo

Riccardo Calafiori   left footed
Gonçalo Inácio left footed
Piero Hincapié  left footed

£200k+ base pw for Olise was too much imo, we have Sterling/Reece James on silly money but otherwise have done a fantastic job at bringing the wages in order. I agree with the clubs approach on wages.

I have admired Olise for a long time but wouldn't break the wage structure for him. We are not desperate.

Find it kind of hilarious how much everyone on twitter is panicking and saying the club is an embarrassment. They went after a good player and he chose to take early retirement on big money. It is what it is, can't blame the lad for taking the bag but personally I'm happy we're not that club.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if we are not willing to pay around £200 to 225K PW for Olise

not a chance we will likely make a move for (talking CBs now):

Ronald Araujo  
Alessandro Bastoni   
Matthijs de Ligt (do not want him anyway)

anytime soon

leaving (Scalvini is injured and out until 2025) my main targets:

Bremer  
Leny Yoro 
António Silva 
Jean-Clair Todibo

Riccardo Calafiori   left footed
Gonçalo Inácio left footed
Piero Hincapié  left footed

I watched some of the Ecuador games and Hincapie is good but at time very rash. Reds cards incoming with him unless he can improve that aspect....he would not mind coming because we have Caicedo and now Paez. 

8 hours ago, Mário César said:

and olise is good enough for bayern? a jump from palace to bayern could be too much

IDK if bayern is huge taking a risk to signing him, tbh

top right wingers

in terms of valuation 

Phil Foden  
Bukayo Saka  
Rodrygo (right footed)
Lamine Yamal   
Leroy Sané  
Ousmane Dembélé  (ambipedal)
Michael Olise  
Pedro Neto
Dejan Kulusevski   
Moussa Diaby  
Mohamed Salah   (too old for Bayern to commit to his MASSIVE salary, he turns 33 right after next season ends)
Raphinha  
Takefusa Kubo  
Jarrod Bowen  
Brennan Johnson   

After the names we’ve been linked with in recent days for the striker position, Jonathan David gets a big thumbs up for me. 

Not a “sexy” striker but one who is highly productive, the perfect age, and he’s a decent footballer rather than just a poacher within the box. Could be a shrewd move if the price is reasonable.