Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

Please explain? He scored 8 goals for Palace in the league. He is still only 23? That doesn't add up. You would need to see him play a full season in his best position. Last season he played all over the place. RWB, CM, CAM....

And the year before he scored 2 in the league. He’s averaging 4 goals a year , hardly prime Lampard. And his attributes are so poor he’s unlikely to develop into a good player so his age is irrelevant , you need to have a good base skill set to build on and he has nothing 

11 minutes ago, lucio said:

And the year before he scored 2 in the league. He’s averaging 4 goals a year , hardly prime Lampard. And his attributes are so poor he’s unlikely to develop into a good player so his age is irrelevant , you need to have a good base skill set to build on and he has nothing 

He was at the worst team in the league and played in a defensive team. He went to Palace the following season and played in a 4-3-3 and played his best football. He got their POTS for a reason. Mudryk came and was poor. Most of the players were piss poor and that is why I say he deserves a chance before being written off.

12 minutes ago, Stats said:

He was at the worst team in the league and played in a defensive team. He went to Palace the following season and played in a 4-3-3 and played his best football. He got their POTS for a reason. Mudryk came and was poor. Most of the players were piss poor and that is why I say he deserves a chance before being written off.

Anyone can vote for CP player of the season on their website , without even being a member. Lots of Chelsea fans voted and CP fans on Twitter were complaining about it , he did well but he wasn’t their best player according to some 

24 minutes ago, lucio said:

Anyone can vote for CP player of the season on their website , without even being a member. Lots of Chelsea fans voted and CP fans on Twitter were complaining about it , he did well but he wasn’t their best player according to some 

If your expecting an entire fan base to all say 1 player was the best your clutching at straws, obviously according to some he wouldn't have been the best player.

46 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Terrible British newspaper (yes I know I know) reporting United bid £50m for Hojlund but likely £60m gets it done, just wanted to say that I’d be disappointed if he went for £60m after the quotes were £80-85m if I recall when a blue club over West London were, reportedly, interested. £60m I would definitely take a punt.

Pretty sure Atalantas original price was £80-85m for both United and Paris but United have been negotiating it down whilst the player has no interest in going to PSG and wants Utd move. Think PSG were willing to pay more to get it done but he’s not wanting the move there. 

Looks like he could be good player but still a huge risk at that price if I’m honest. He got 10 goals in a full season at Atalanta, a team who have always been notoriously high scorers under Gaspereni, but thats the only season he’s placed at a relatively competitive level. I get he has got 6 in 6 for Denmark but again, he’s still a huge risk for £60 odd million. If he had scored another 15-20 goals across his club career, you could see why the fee was being insisted on. But he’s only got 27 in 87 games. Not sure on goals to minute ratio though so maybe bit unfair on his stats. 

I doubt we were ever/will be in the market for him anyway after signing Jackson or going after another more established CF until we resolve the Lukaku issue.

55 minutes ago, lucio said:

Remember this when we sell him for chump change like CHo in a few years 

he has no qualities other than work rate , slow , can’t dribble , terrible passing , all over the place positionally , rash in the tackle , never gets his head up , barely scores . You don’t turn down 40m for dross like this 

Yes the player is limited, yes we could get X amount of money for him but we most definitely need to add one or two in MF first before we consider selling him. That is for sure. Would be incredibly incredibly stupid to do otherwise and by all accounts, it appears Poch has said he see’s Gallagher in his plans so 90% chance he be staying regardless.

I mean why would the club defy the manager and sell him after he very publicly said he sees him in his plans anyway? We don’t need to sell many players now, considering the departures we’ve had - barring Ziyech, CHO and Lukaku really. Then find a few loans for some of the young lads. 

Our other MF options barring Enzo, Santos and Casadei are young and haven’t played any league football at a relatively competitive level. Most would imagine Casadei will be loaned and Santos I would think, stays, given the club’s insistence on trying to get him a work permit in January and managing to get him a work permit this summer. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

52 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Terrible British newspaper (yes I know I know) reporting United bid £50m for Hojlund but likely £60m gets it done, just wanted to say that I’d be disappointed if he went for £60m after the quotes were £80-85m if I recall when a blue club over West London were, reportedly, interested. £60m I would definitely take a punt.

I don't know why people take seriously and as a gospel when some president of some club says price is 100m. Same with Caicedo, Hojlund and Muani. All will move for much lesser 60-80m range. 

I remember Grimaldo and Gaya had like 100m release clause and people were like they are not available. If any club offered 40-50m back than they would be sold instantly. Grimaldo just left Benfica for free. 

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pretty sure Atalantas original price was £80-85m for both United and Paris but United have been negotiating it down whilst the player has no interest in going to PSG and wants Utd move. Think PSG were willing to pay more to get it done but he’s not wanting the move there. 

Looks like he could be good player but still a huge risk at that price if I’m honest. He got 10 goals in a full season at Atalanta, a team who have always been notoriously high scorers under Gaspereni, but thats the only season he’s placed at a relatively competitive level. I get he has got 6 in 6 for Denmark but again, he’s still a huge risk for £60 odd million. If he had scored another 15-20 goals across his club career, you could see why the fee was being insisted on. But he’s only got 27 in 87 games. Not sure on goals to minute ratio though so maybe bit unfair on his stats. 

I doubt we were ever/will be in the market for him anyway after signing Jackson or going after another more established CF until we resolve the Lukaku issue.

Yes the player is limited, yes we could get X amount of money for him but we most definitely need to add one or two in MF first before we consider selling him. That is for sure. Would be incredibly incredibly stupid to do otherwise and by all accounts, it appears Poch has said he see’s Gallagher in his plans so 90% chance he be staying regardless.

I mean why would the club defy the manager and sell him after he very publicly said he sees him in his plans anyway? We don’t need to sell many players now, considering the departures we’ve had - barring Ziyech, CHO and Lukaku really. Then find a few loans for some of the young lads. 

Our other MF options barring Enzo, Santos and Casadei are young and haven’t played any league football at a relatively competitive level. Most would imagine Casadei will be loaned and Santos I would think, stays, given the club’s insistence on trying to get him a work permit in January and managing to get him a work permit this summer. 

Agree with this but we also have to consider that Poch knows the transfer business pretty well and he's not going to say something in public about Gallagher that may ruin his relationship with the player or take away from the transfer fee. 

The way I see it, if we get a good midfielder in (someone like Kudus to play that more attacking type role), then Gallagher will probably be sold off to balance the books but if not, we'll keep Gallagher at the club as a squad player and he's still a useful player to have. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Verratti is the first top class player who’s still in their prime to go there. That one has to be worrying for the sport. Old, past it former stars going there in their mid 30’s is nothing or players who flamed out at big clubs. But if they start splashing silly money and enticing genuine, currently world class players to go there then it could seriously harm the ability of big clubs in the market.

No longer in that category i am afraid. He's clearly over his prime and has been for some time now.

Hojlund will struggle for United in this league I think. At least in his first season. Glad if they get him rather than going all out for someone like Kane, Osimhen, or even Kolo Muani. United fans have hyped themselves up as if Hojlund is a Haaland level über talent when to me he looks pretty average.

16 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Sterling in todays match seemed not interested, wasnt making runs at all...

Never liked it when Sterling was linked with the club.

Same with Lukaku.

I put both of them in the choker category long before they were even linked with the club (in Lukaku's case, the 2nd time)

The CL final in 21 when we faced Sterling in a City shirt was enough for me.

Edited by Blue Armour

22 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Sterling in todays match seemed not interested, wasnt making runs at all...

He was scratching balls when Poch was telling him something. Plus tried that horrid dive. He was always one of the most annoying players in the league. 

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He was scratching balls when Poch was telling him something. Plus tried that horrid dive. He was always one of the most annoying players in the league. 

shit buy on a massive salary

ship him to the head choppers

19 hours ago, Mhsc said:

All goes back to how PSG pulled our pants down and slid it home on Ugarte which we did not see coming. That was the cock up that has led to all other cockups so far, I think.

correct

that did massive damage

he would have been perfect here

it figures that when I came around to him was a week before the Frenchies stuffed a baguette up our arse

9 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Jackson will end up being the better buy